Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

coolhull wrote: »
    To my knowledge. no one has mentioned to Tommy that his beard is growing. When I grew a moustache in November, all my family and friends gave me a right slagging. But nobody notices in FC.
    Just as no one ever ever mentions the weather. the soccer results, Dublin G.A.A., or politics.

in fairness, Ray has brought up a few leftist things in the past, though I agree with you.. you never see a football jersey of any team and though you get the odd recession reference, nobody has put their cards on the table:

Id say Labour has: Ray (maybe not anymore though)
    FG has: Charlie & Esther, maybe Paul
    FF: Bella/Bob/Yvonne
    SF: Bishops/Caddle maybe Cass

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Was that Brenda Power that played (badly) the estate agent??

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LINE45

Can't wait to see how Ester and Charlie get on with their dinner date with the Bishops. Sure only for Paddy, FC would be gone as boring as dishwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

To my knowledge. no one has mentioned to Tommy that his beard is growing. When I grew a moustache in November, all my family and friends gave me a right slagging. But nobody notices in FC.
    Just as no one ever ever mentions the weather. the soccer results, Dublin G.A.A., or politics.

Like any of the soaps that are filmed well in advance of being screened , they have to be careful how much reference to "current" events they include. There could quite easily be a change to the political situation, or the fate of the Dubs between the time something is filmed and eventually shown.

There was an excellent article in the paper last year about Saipan and the producer mentioned a reference to the World Cup in an episode of Fair City back in 2002. It had to be edited out as it referred to you-know-who. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

LINE45 wrote: »
    I know I am new to this forum but wouldn't it be hillarious if they did a Dallas on it and bring back Billy Meehan we could sure do with the drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I often wonder what some of the actors are doing now... Billy Meehan, Carols son Lorcan?, Darren etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

Getting really bored with the Dillon storyline now hopefully they all feck off to Canada !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Was that Brenda Power that played (badly) the estate agent??

Looked a bit like her but she's a journalist, I doubt she holds an Equity card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I often wonder what some of the actors are doing now... Billy Meehan, Carols son Lorcan?, Darren etc

Lorcan works as a DJ on FM 104. Billy Meehan was doing sculpting and acting..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Hippo wrote: »
    Looked a bit like her but she's a journalist, I doubt she holds an Equity card
    True.

It was the voice I noticed most.

Although I recall Paulo Tullio popping up as an Italian some years back, doubt if he has an equity card either.
    He put on the hammiest Italian accent you ever heard!!

Pure gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I watched a bit of Orla talking with the cackling hens and she said she has hung up on journalists when they have asked her about certain things in her private life.

What's that all about then?

She came across as a bit arrogant as if she is some Jennifer Aniston type starlet.

• Advertisement

Orla is probably getting more air time now with the crackling hens than on Fair City at the moment, she was better at acting years ago!!!!!!!!!

Everyone what would you think about Doctor Brendan, Christie's son-in-law????? Do ye remember him and the one he went off with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Temaz wrote: »
    I watched a bit of Orla talking with the cackling hens and she said she has hung up on journalists when they have asked her about certain things in her private life.

What's that all about then?

She came across as a bit arrogant as if she is some Jennifer Aniston type starlet.

I think she was talking about the Sunday World, they made a huge deal out of her private life and the break up of her engagement.

Some articles:

http://www.sundayworld.com/entertainment/showbiz/feisty-sorcha-has-got-the-write-stuff

http://www.sundayworld.com/entertainment/showbiz/city-s-sorcha-calls-off-big-day

http://www.sundayworld.com/entertainment/showbiz/sorcha-s-baby-joy

http://www.sundayworld.com/entertainment/showbiz/orla-s-set-to-quit-the-city

Vahevala wrote: »

She seems to have a big opinion of herself. Jennifer Aniston she ain't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

LINE45 wrote: »
    Orla is probably getting more air time now with the crackling hens than on Fair City at the moment, she was better at acting years ago!!!!!!!!!

McCoys might just about break even with her and the loser Molloy off the payroll.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

mloc123 wrote: »
    He mentioned that he did his Achilles in playing football in the park.

Ah...I must have dozed off during that bit :o

Was it by any chance after another scene with the Dillons? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Vahevala wrote: »

Is is just my computer but couldn't they have reduced the size of the pictures? Looks ridiculous to me. It's like they are trying to make her look bad.

It's like they are trying to make her look bad.

Her performances with the cackling hens is doing that for her, arrogance personified.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

nice_very wrote: »
    Id say Labour has: Ray (maybe not anymore though)
    FG has: Charlie & Esther, maybe Paul
    FF: Bella/Bob/Yvonne
    SF: Bishops/Caddle maybe Cass

Good analysis. I'd say Ray is a bit to the left of the Labour party, though. Wasn't his da a big wheel in the Communist Party? Dermot was definitely FF. There was a lot of brown envelopes flying around him and his colleagues at one stage. I'd say Jo and Suzanne were both Greens.

Paul and Niamh used to be Labour, but since Paul got rich I bet he's moving towards FF.

http://www.herald.ie/news/rte-redfaced-over-fair-city-poll-poster-27908726.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Did Paddy agree with Charlotte that they should all go to the States for their next family holiday? Surely there is NO WAY Paddy would get a visa for the states after serving time for murder?

Perhaps Paddy wanted to avoid upsetting Charlotte and hopes that she'll forget that she mentioned the idea of going to the States.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Maybe he's going for the rugged look? Apparently the chicks dig it. He'll be looking for a young one now that Judith won't take him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Paddy talking about Conor in the past tense. Some one will surely cop it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

No Fair City Tuesday. This time the excuse is the Rose of Tralee. :rolleyes:

Great to see Charlotte back. Hotter than a Mexican lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    No Fair City Tuesday. This time the excuse is the Rose of Tralee. :rolleyes:

Great to see Charlotte back. Hotter than a Mexican lunch.

Ya wha? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Another silly storyline that one with Ama and Val. I often wonder does Val practice pulling those faces in her mirror!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

dixiedan wrote: »
    Another silly storyline that one with Ama and Val. I often wonder does Val practice pulling those faces in her mirror!

Everytime I see Val all I can think about is Sister Assumpta and how badly she treated fathers Ted and Dougal. She is one really mean woman!:D

cigarettes1.jpg

the dillions it will never end :(

Never Ever Forever Ever

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I cannot STAND Val - every time I see her I just want to slap her!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

dixiedan wrote: »

I always associated her with Ester, nosey and always in the way!

Joining forces on the day? The FC writers must be desperate. I wish all the Dillons would just disappear, and the Leo's debt thing needs a twist imo

• Advertisement

a spire made of can , dear lord kill me now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement