Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

But you guys are looking for some sort of sense in all this.....Remember, its Fair City, it doesn't have to make sense!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Jocelynel wrote: »
    so after all these months waiting to see how luke is found out....we are left to make up our own minds how the office camera captured the fight at the top of the stairs....i didn't think of zoom,enhance, suppose that's the only explanation:confused:

What a load of utter bullsh1t this storyline is. There is no way the CCTV system in that micky mouse pub could possibly be that powerful especially in the hands of Nessa who lets face it is no Albert Einstein is she. :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

coolhull wrote: »
    But you guys are looking for some sort of sense in all this.....Remember, its Fair City, it doesn't have to make sense!

Fair enough :)

coolhull wrote: »

what about realism

wow that Shannon an awful cow money dried up and she leaving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm confused I thought Tommy staggered and fell down the stairs not from a punch from Luke

CCTV shows Luke punch Tommy down the stairs :confused:

But it explains Nessa leaving she's going doing CSI Ireland tv series.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Judy is a f*cking dumb idiot

Dr Judy is queen of mixed messages - it's flirt or fight as far as she goes, and with alternate brother. She's some cookie!! The mind boggles as to why the two brothers are so slavishly besotted by her after at least 30 years. Is she so hot that they will do anything to have her?....all a bit weird. Spooky Luke creeps me out, but Tommy, while no saint, is cute and can act!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

MJ23 wrote: »
    Val is getting more annoying with each episode. Is she ever out of that red shirt?

Maybe brutVAL is an "enfant sauvage", brought up by the apes. She is a simple creature whose mannerisms could be explained by her having been brought up by the animals!! Speech and words don't come as easily to her as do her (only two - mind) wildly exaggerated expressions: deep hurt and and disgusted indignation. I wish her animal family would have her back!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Must of been why she said 'gotcha' the second time she watched the vid. We were wondering what she was on about, what had she seen the second time? Zoom enhance must be correct!

I wasn't wondering "what she was on about" at all. I thought she just said that in response to the original footage of him with the hard drives, it was like a half a second after that that she said it. I'm no expert on CCTV footage, but wouldn't that have come up on the screen before Luke took out the incriminating hard drive and replaced it with another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

wow that Shannon an awful cow money dried up and she leaving
    When her phone rang in the shop the ring tone was "its all about the money, money, money ".She then stole something from the shelf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

So Luke got rid of the camera evidence, but his masterplan had one subtle yet crucial flaw: he never got rid of the camera evidence of him getting rid of the camera evidence! Seriously, that was the best they could come up with? No marks for originality.

Also why the hell didn't Neasa show Tommy the actual footage of him pushing him down the stairs and why didn't we see that earlier when she had it. Why didn't she just show that first? He could have been doing anything with the hard drive.

And how did she get the footage of Luke pushing Tommy down the stairs? Isn't that meant to be on the hard drive in the hospital bin? I thought that was why she had to use the tape of Luke swapping the drives as proof. Maybe FC thought we were too thick to get that and added in the bit with the push!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

happyday wrote: »
    And how did she get the footage of Luke pushing Tommy down the stairs? Isn't that meant to be on the hard drive in the hospital bin? I thought that was why she had to use the tape of Luke swapping the drives as proof. Maybe FC thought we were too thick to get that and added in the bit with the push!

The footage of him fighting was what they could see Luke watching on the monitor just before he swapped the drives. Hardly rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

what about realism

"Realism" and "Fair City" should never be used together in the same sentence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I wasn't wondering "what she was on about" at all. I thought she just said that in response to the original footage of him with the hard drives, it was like a half a second after that that she said it. I'm no expert on CCTV footage, but wouldn't that have come up on the screen before Luke took out the incriminating hard drive and replaced it with another one?

Hmmm to be honest I'll have to watch last night episode again to confirm why we were wondering what she had seen second time round that she didn't see the first. But I'm assuming that she could see what Luke had been watching on the computer screen in the video, but yes, that should have been on screen before he took out the hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    The footage of him fighting was what they could see Luke watching on the monitor just before he swapped the drives. Hardly rocket science.

For a tech guy you should know that you'd need one hell of a mega high definition camera to zoom in on that screen and have such a clear image. Even beyond rocket science! Its just poppycock . I wish we could get a "Dillon free " Faircity on the Rte player .... grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

edelweis wrote: »
    Dr Judy is queen of mixed messages - it's flirt or fight as far as she goes, and with alternate brother. She's some cookie!! The mind boggles as to why the two brothers are so slavishly besotted by her after at least 30 years. Is she so hot that they will do anything to have her?....all a bit weird. Spooky Luke creeps me out, but Tommy, while no saint, is cute and can act!!!

i love luke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Neasa only decides now to look at the CCTV footage :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

desbrook wrote: »
    For a tech guy you should know that you'd need one hell of a mega high definition camera to zoom in on that screen and have such a clear image. Even beyond rocket science! Its just poppycock . I wish we could get a "Dillon free " Faircity on the Rte player .... grrrrr

It's a soap, it's poorly written muck most of the time but we still all watch it. If we're gonna nit pick, did you notice in the episode last night that when nassa was sitting in the office she looked up into the opposite corner to where the camera was and then suddenly remembered there's a camera in the office? We could see on the monitor that the camera was behind her, not up in the opposite corner.

It's a soap, it's poorly written muck most of the time but we still all watch it. If we're gonna nit pick, did you notice in the episode last night that when nassa was sitting in the office she looked up into the opposite corner to where the camera was and then suddenly remembered there's a camera in the office? We could see on the monitor that the camera was behind her, not up in the opposite corner.

Don't be ridiculous: that example is major nitpicking, the major plot device of viewing the footage is the exact opposite of nitpicking... it's a huge point of the plot, it has to be plausible and make sense. What you're talking about happens all the time and goes unnoticed, it's not really relevant. It might not even be that unrealistic, she was looking in the wrong corner and then she remembered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Alderwould

dave1982 wrote: »

But it explains Nessa leaving she's going doing CSI Ireland tv series.

Sounds interesting. The UK CSI is brill...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Neasa only decides now to look at the CCTV footage :rolleyes:
    No the footage she looked at was of a few days later when luke removed the hard drive with the footage of tommy on it.

Sure why would she look at footage of a few days after the accident before now unless she had a reason to check it ?

Alderwould wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. The UK CSI is brill...

I'm pretty sure he's joking. Neasa is actually starting her own drama/acting school.

wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Jasus I never noticed that. Unless there was a second camera behind her. Doubt it though. It's like when someone breaks their arm and then in a different scene the cast is on the wrong arm. It happens a lot.

The Carrigstown Taste of Dublin Festival gets under way. Christy is shocked when he knocks over Val's handbag and discovers a ring box and her speech. As he reads through it, he is alarmed and tries in vain to talk to a busy Val, who is impossible to nail down. A stressed-out Christy talks to Carol in the office about the ring, and he relays his fear that Val is going to ask him to marry her during her speech. Carol is surprised to hear that he doesn't want to marry her, and more so that he hasn't spoken to her before she makes a fool of herself.

Over in the hall, it becomes apparent that Christy has left the microphone turned on, so everybody hears that he doesn't want to marry Val, who is left stunned and mortified as the crowd look on in disbelief. Val's public humiliation continues as she insists on leaving the PA on for all to hear.

Meanwhile, Caoimhe asks Callum to work at the Station Bar after his trial shift the other night, and he happily agrees. Caoimhe also uses her charms on Sean to get him to train Callum up. Later, Sean is pushed to the end of his tether with Callum and Caoimhe's constant swanning off. He quits as he mans up to Caoimhe for using him. Callum also leaves her in the lurch and heads off with some hot customers he was chatting up earlier.

Elsewhere, Paddy further ingratiates himself with everyone but slyly undermines Zumo, while Yvonne's suspicions about Carol grow.

Christy knows Val is finding it difficult to deal with the public humiliation after the festival, but he struggles to reassure her. Christy promises that he does fancy her, but she is having none of it. Later, Christy surprises Val when he turns up at the shop. Apologising again, he gets down on one knee and proposes to Val. However, Val won't entertain the proposal and dismisses Christy's claims when he says that he loves her.

Later, Christy tries to persuade Val to stay in Carrigstown, but she has made up her mind to leave. Val says that she doesn't want to be reminded of what she could have had with Christy and feels by leaving it may be easier to come to terms with her broken heart.

Meanwhile, Zumo is surprised to hear from Charlie that Paddy has enrolled him on a literacy course. Incensed, Zumo orders Charlie to take his name off the list. Later, however, Paddy continues to undermine Zumo and he explains how the family are mortified because of his disability. As a result, Zumo becomes more self-conscious and tries to defend himself. Zumo seems to be wavering under the pressure as Paddy demoralises him into it.

Elsewhere, Bela and Yvonne tell each other a few home truths.

Paddy's mind games begin to work as he puts a downbeat Zumo to work at cleaning the house. Zumo starts mopping, but Vivienne slips on the wet floor. Paddy rushes to her assistance and scowls at Zumo, blaming him for the accident. Paddy ostracises Zumo, using the accident as an excuse even though Vivienne insists it was her own fault. Paddy then fusses over Vivienne, who appreciates his attention.

Later, Decco accuses Zumo of carelessness and he blames him for causing Vivienne's fall. Zumo is infuriated as they all start to gang up on him. Paddy is delighted with the progress of his plan to undermine Zumo.

Meanwhile, Val fights off the emotions when Christy begs her to stay. She has made up her mind and announces to a shocked Christy that she is leaving immediately. Soon afterwards, Val has a farewell drink with Christy, Bob, Ray and Ama. Later, Christy and Val share a quiet moment at Val's, where they say their goodbyes properly. She thanks him for his help in convincing her to see her son. Having visited Eddie in prison earlier that day, she is ready for her move to Limerick. An emotional Val is helped into her taxi and they say their final goodbyes.

Elsewhere, Bela and Yvonne struggle to find common ground.

Also today, Caoimhe changes her management style, but will she impress Luke?

Yvonne is impressed with Luke's determination to prove to Judith that he didn't leave Tommy for dead. Tommy taunts him about his future prospects in jail, but Luke dismisses them, detailing how his barrister reassured him that he wouldn't be going to prison. Later, however, Luke is shocked and scared having discovered that Judith is testifying against him. His case is being tried in the Circuit court and the realisation hits home that he could be going to prison for what he has done to Tommy.

Luke angrily confronts Judith as the fear of jail hits home. He clutches at straws, begging Judith to back down and retract her statement. Judith orders Luke out of the house and advises him to stay away from them both. She struggles with her decision as she relays to Tommy how it's not as simple as choosing one brother over the other, but rather a decision over choosing right over wrong.

Meanwhile, Decco is offered a friend's flat to rent at a reduced rate - too good an offer to refuse. However, Zumo promises that he will have a word with Decco when Paddy confides that he doesn't really want him to leave as the family has only been reunited so recently. Later, Paddy is annoyed when Zumo tells him that he couldn't talk Decco into staying at home. Zumo instead hits him with a bombshell, as he is also going to move into Decco's new place.

Elsewhere, Damien tries to make the best of his relationship with Ama, while Jo and Dermot get three unexpected visitors.

ah **** val is
    moving to limerick
    that's where I live

ill be out for the year if she calls round :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

ur welcome to her tajd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

"Callum also leaves her in the lurch and heads off with some hot customers he was chatting up earlier. "

OOOoooooohhhhhhhh "hot customers".

I bet they don't get a speaking part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

The actress who plays Val must have got a part in a play or something.

Such an unexpected move, especially after all that 'comical' side story with Ama.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Christy don't get back with Carol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mister Saturday night

Lots more of the ****ing Dillons to come

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement