Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Bad bob

spanishgem wrote: »
    Rachel alwaaaays looks sad/depressed/lonely. Full of the joys of spring..
    Ah poor Rachel, she's a good little actress it's just the ****e that they give her to do. Also thought that Paul was funny talking about feeelings with Dermot and Niamh. 😄

paul gives eddie 60,000 to get rich scheme

and we finally see caroll living with the bishops next week orla is involed

ffs she everyone in everyone stories why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

and we finally see caroll living with the bishops next week orla is involed

ffs she everyone in everyone stories why ?

the stephen orla baby story will make it all ok

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Paul is going to end up living in Bob's old skip, while Niamh rents out the hideous designer handbag for a fiver a go.

Has Dermot ever heard from Ken? You'd think he might rally round now that his brother's marriage is breaking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

what in J name was ray doing with the wrench at the nuts on the wheel of the car up on the hoist. Sweet mother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,830 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul is looking very jaundice tonight with a big white shiny bald head on top :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

anyone notice Stephen heading into the back room of the pub ...and a few seconds later Yvonne sashays in after him? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

"I thought Tommy was Petty"

Well, he is....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_Yxt8yXzCSGYOWQ_RoZGI8toZT5tcnKBwGKNMcvnHyE9WZg7j4A

this judith tommy luke stuff same ep over and over and so on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Did anyone else notice that man, roughly 40 years old, pretty tall and overweight who came out of the elevator wearing a baseball cap acting as if hes 15 when tommy was at the community centre? seemed like a bit of a weirdo to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,830 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd like to see Greyie's ex wife and family come into the show, I'd say there is plenty of Dub actors around who could fake a half way decent Canadian accent :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I paused it when Blackie had Judiths number on his phone. I rang the number, it rang, but there was no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

MJ23 wrote: »
    I paused it when Blackie had Judiths number on his phone. I rang the number, it rang, but there was no answer.

was that you ringing when Zack saw it :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Hitchens wrote: »
    anyone notice Stephen heading into the back room of the pub ...and a few seconds later Yvonne sashays in after him? ;)

I noticed that too. Why did Stephen disappear out back and why did Yvonne follow him seconds later? :cool:

Nudge nudge wink wink say no more! SAY NO MORE!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Elsewhere, Paul and Wayne continue bickering. Wayne buys and auctions the Ford Cortina against Paul's advice, earning €50,000 for the garage. Paul is jealous.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

So haven't posted for about a year and a half now - mostly because I stopped watching the show for a year (just got back into it now that it's available on the RTÉ player)...

Anyway, glad I'm back watching it, because it's good craic.
    Most of the storyline's have been pretty decent since I've started watching again, but the Tommy/Judith/Blackie Connors love triangle is doing my nut in - as someone already mentioned, it's the same thing every episode. I think Tommy should kill Blackie because his mustache is distracting and he's not anywhere as close to awesome as he was on Glenroe. I also think he should frame Judith for the murder because it would be interesting to see the family dynamics of the Dillons sans Judith...

Unless they've made a major fook up on the website, it looks like Doug Ferguson may be returning soon - they moved a load of characters to the Out of Towners section, but moved Doug back in to Carrigstown, so it could happen.
    Although it does annoy me that they updated the characters section but never bothered to add in Luke, Maedhbh or Shannon, while they were at it. I know back in the day some of the Fair City crew used to keep an eye on this thread, so if any of you are still reading, can we get those characters added to the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

oh but they are reading Captain... its just that they still wont take any notice of our demands for more Stephen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Greyie actually raised his voice for a second tonight, almost made me forget he's otherwise a rigid monotone robot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I dont know which is more irritating, the affair storyline or the references to Stephen on this ****ing thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

I don't get the Stephen references at all, a bit silly tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

My mother hated Lucy - to the point where I worried about her when she said she'd attack her if she ever saw her.

I'm beginning to feel the same way about Maeve. That coat and scarf is doing my head in. When does she ever teach? Why did she have to call into the Community Centre to confirm her salsa class? Couldn't she have phoned? We've never seen the school, and Ben has to get a bus so it can't be that near.

Speaking of Ben, why does Jo keep saying 'good man'. He's a child, and not a great actor at that rate (contrast with Simon in Coronation Street).

Mind you, I do like Orla's coat -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

pookiesboo wrote: »
    references to Stephen on this ****ing thread

I always thought this too, but was a bit embarrassed to say it in case anybody thought I was being a killjoy :o

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I also agree about the Stephen references. They derail the thread to a certain extent and can come across as very cliquey to those of us who weren't around when it obviously started so don't get the joke/references.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I also agree about the Stephen references. They derail the thread to a certain extent and can come across as very cliquey to those of us who weren't around when it obviously started so don't get the joke/references.
    there is nothing to get....Stephen is a popular character end of story...

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

It's a pity if it looks cliquey. It's no big deal, really. When you've been watching a soap for a while your mind wanders to the stuff at the corners, and you start to notice the regular extras. It's someting to concentrate on during the 90th version of the Dermot-Jo row scene, or whatever.

We should have a FAQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

It's a pity if it looks cliquey. It's no big deal, really. When you've been watching a soap for a while your mind wanders to the stuff at the corners, and you start to notice the regular extras. It's someting to concentrate on during the 90th version of the Dermot-Jo row scene, or whatever.

We should have a FAQ.

of course, Stephen is way more than just an extra ...he's the all time greatest ever method actor :D

Hitchens wrote: »
    of course, Stephen is way more than just an extra ...he's the all time greatest ever method actor :D

Ah another reference to Stephen, still 'hilarious' several months on.
    Sorry I think its a tick I'm developing, anytme I come on this thread and theres a "Stephen is a legend/great method actor/whatever" I just cant stop cringing. Like a shoite joke being told over and over...

there is nothing to get....Stephen is a popular character end of story...

But the constant refences to him on this thread arent universally popular, theyre just annoying... :pac:

who won the fair city contest remeber name all bela kids in order ? to visit the set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Stephen will rise above the hatred directed towards him on this thread. Water off a duck's back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement