Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Seany81

Jikashi wrote: »
    Silly Irish Mirror, getting the Dillon Bros backwards

It's obvious the victim of the fire will be
    Ama's bag
    , which is sure to leave Ama inconsolible

not ama s bag what is she hiding in it anyway thats so important

Carol and Leo clash when she reveals that she had a heated conversation with Zumo about taking advantage of him. Soon afterwards, Zumo berates Leo for causing him undue hassle with Carol and is livid that she is sticking her nose in where it's not needed. Zumo no longer wants anything to do with Leo and breaks up their arrangement.

Leo pleads for a loan from ZumoLeo pleads for a loan from Zumo
    Later, Leo asks Zumo and Damien for cash before moving on to Paul. He also approaches Carol and claims that he has taken her advice on board by severing ties with Zumo. Leo asks for his old job back as a driver and Carol promises to think about it. He then leaves a message grovelling to Zumo, begging for another chance. However, as he hangs up, Carol appears from behind him and catches him red handed.

Meanwhile, a medical council friend of Judith's calls and lets her know that she has been reported to the Medical Council for failing to attend to Luke. She immediately confronts Luke for making the call, but he simply explains that if Tommy will drop his false charges against him, then he will do the same for Judith. Later, Luke begs Tommy to drop the case, but he slyly retorts that he is enjoying the battles between Judith and Luke after the pain they both put him through - seemingly revelling in their pain.

Elsewhere, Paddy increases his control over his family, while Damien struggles with his guilt over Caoimhe.

Leo hits the roof when Paul presents a contract for him to sign the property over to him, and he offers him a grand on top of his offer. Leo is enraged and suggests Paul gave him the fifty grand in the knowledge he would never be able to pay him back. He then rips up the contract, a decision which Paul suggests he will live to regret. Soon afterwards, Zumo suggests that Paul should do an insurance job on the place, but he dismisses the suggestion.

Later, Leo gets drunk at the Station Bar and announces that he would rather see it all burn to the ground than see Paul take it. Paul tries to talk some sense into Leo, explaining that he needs the money himself and cannot wait any longer, reminding Leo he signed a legally binding contract with him. He serves Leo an ultimatum - either he pays him on Friday or he will take over ownership of the factory.

Meanwhile, Tommy looks after a dejected Judith, who is unable to face the work she has organised a locum. Judith is wallowing in regret about Tommy, how she treated her children and how she acted with Luke. Tommy reassures her and is happy to be a shoulder to cry on, especially as she's upset over having to step down as a GP with the medical council. Later, Luke discreetly threatens Tommy to withdraw his statement or he will go to the newspapers with the story. He gives him until the following day to do so. Tommy returns to Judith, and hiding his worry, he lies that he thinks Luke is nearing breaking point and seems to be ready to drop his allegations.

Elsewhere, Paddy puts a dampener on Vivienne's efforts to celebrate, while Damien and Caoimhe get caught in the act

Leo is adamant that he will do everything in his power to ensure that Paul does not repossess the factory on Friday as he threatened he would. Leo even makes a desperate plea to Carol and wants her to put him in touch with a loan shark. Carol is appalled and appeals to Leo to have some sense. She warns him to stop fixating on trying to outsmart Paul and sell the factory, as the toll on his livelihood, health and family were already far too great.

Leo leaves not realising a fire has startedLeo leaves not realising a fire has started
    Carol's words finally register with a defeated Leo. He invites Paul into his office and hands the keys of the factory back to him. Leo admits that the exhaustion and dread associated with the building and its financial strains have been like a noose around his neck and he is not able to struggle anymore. However, he adds that he will take pleasure some day in witnessing the demise of Paul's empire. Leo packs up his things from the office and clears out of the factory. As Leo gathers his belongings, he plugs out a desk lamp from an overloaded socket. Leo takes one last look around the office and fails to notice a small electrical fire flickering by the socket as he closes the door behind him…

Tommy knows he has to end thisTommy knows he has to end this
    Meanwhile, Judith is horrified when she learns that Luke is threatening to go to the press. Tommy finally realises that he must act as Caoimhe appeals for him to do something. Luke is surprised when Tommy decides to drop the case against him. In return, Luke must retract his statement from the Medical Council, leave immediately and not contact him or Judith ever again. Later, Tommy tells Judith that she has nothing more to worry about as Luke agreed to drop the charges and to say nothing to the papers. It's a bittersweet victory for Tommy, who is clearly frustrated at having to let Luke off the hook.

Elsewhere, Caoimhe and Damien tread on dangerous ground as they meet up for another sexual encounter at the factory, while Paddy has a surprise in store for Vivienne as he suggests renewing their vows.

Damien and Caoimhe do not notice the signs of the fire breaking out in the factory building. Over at McCoy's, Leo gets a round of drinks in to celebrate not having Paul breathing down his neck. Christy thought Leo would be drowning his sorrows, but Carol thinks he is just putting on a brave face.

Carol, Leo and Christy chat at the Station Bar and Carol discusses how the stress of the owning the factory building had affected Leo so negatively, and how he had been close to losing his sanity as a result. Leo is about to cheers to the future when Yvonne bursts in with a grave face looking for him.

The community look on as the fire spreads.The community look on as the fire spreads.
    Meanwhile, Luke approaches a shattered Judith and reiterates how he never meant to hurt her. Luke accepts that Judith cannot forgive his actions. When Judith wells up emotionally about the mess their relationship has caused, Luke tenderly touches her face and emotionally apologises to her. Tommy witnesses this intimate display between them and sees red. He grabs Luke, pins him up against the wall and warns him to stay away. Judith has turned to go back into McCoy's to join Tommy when she meets Cass, who has also noticed smoke coming from the factory. Judith raises the alarm and calls the fire brigade, wondering if there is anyone in there.

Paul and Niamh are incredulous as they hear the news and rush out following Tommy and Judith. The community gather outside the factory building waiting for the fire brigade to arrive. Bob tries to placate Ama, who is distraught because she thinks Damien is inside. Bob insists that he would have left the office hours ago.

As the drama unfolds, four people get trapped and some go back to save the others. But an attempt to rescue them goes wrong, resulting in a terrible tragedy…

Elsewhere, Vivienne accepts Paddy's proposal. Paddy asks Zumo as the eldest to act as his best man, creating a new rift with Decco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Even though this sounds quite reasonable, in practice I don't think it's a good idea as it can create confusion and even bad feelings. I know I want to see what people are saying. It's hard to explain but I think it's a better idea to take all fantasy stuff about Fair City (such as making things up on the spot) to another thread where it won't be taken as fact and where you can discuss whatever characters that may have left the show or not be in it right now and not be off-topic.

Fair point, Super.

I think Blanch should do the Adventures of Stephen thing as a blog, which could be very funny, rather than imposing it on an obviously unwilling audience here. But the more people on the thread the more fun it is.

Sad news yesterday, for anyone who remembers the Clancy family:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0909/473209-actress-susan-fitzgerald-has-died/

SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT STEPHEN I CANNOT BARE IT ANYMORE HE IS JUST A ****ING EXTRA SERIOUSLY THE JOKES IN THE BEGINING WERE FUNNY BUT LIKE MOST JOKES THE MORE YOU TELL IT THE LESS FUNNY IT GETS JESUS CHRIST GOD DAMMIT MOTHER ****ERS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Fair point, Super.

I think Blanch should do the Adventures of Stephen thing as a blog, which could be very funny, rather than imposing it on an obviously unwilling audience here. But the more people on the thread the more fun it is.

Sad news yesterday, for anyone who remembers the Clancy family:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0909/473209-actress-susan-fitzgerald-has-died/

The Clancys were great. They had a daughter too, I think she went out with Jimmy Doyle for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Even though this sounds quite reasonable, in practice I don't think it's a good idea as it can create confusion and even bad feelings. I know I want to see what people are saying. It's hard to explain but I think it's a better idea to take all fantasy stuff about Fair City (such as making things up on the spot) to another thread where it won't be taken as fact and where you can discuss whatever characters that may have left the show or not be in it right now and not be off-topic.
    it's just one poster really...i mean sometimes stephen has some funny parts and when it's mentioned it is funny....but the one poster here over does it and should be put to death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think it is Luke who dies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Where's the woman who plays Orla and her ego gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Radio5 wrote: »
    The Clancys were great. They had a daughter too, I think she went out with Jimmy Doyle for a while.

Clancy was an utter pr*ck. Played by Garrett Keogh.

Think the daughter may have dated Johnny One.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

the Fahy "dog saga" ffs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Ama must be the worst actress on the planet.

It's as if the writers thought "let's write an illegal immigrant into the show" and then went out on to the street and grabbed the first person that they could find.

Fair City's a joke at the moment. Like watching paint dry. Forget a fire...somebody needs to run amok with a machine gun and take out at least a dozen "characters".

Temaz wrote: »
    Where's the woman who plays Orla and her ego gone?

She is in Ama's bag looking for Wayne :P

Damo has liathróidí gorm LMFAO :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I reckon Fair City blew the budget tonight destroying an Xbox controller and console.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

That part with Zumo smashing the xbox was priceless ... split me sides laughing. He was like a 4 year old having a bad tantrum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

nice_very wrote: »
    the Fahy "dog saga" ffs
    The cass/alma/joe/ester "cake saga" ffs:(

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

jjf1974 wrote: »
    The cass/alma/joe/ester "cake saga" ffs:(

Whatever about the other 3, I don't think I'd fancy eating anything that passed through Cass's hands :eek: He looks to me like he never washes or changes his clothes !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Jack Kyle wrote: »
    Ama must be the worst actress on the planet.

She's a bit of a ride in fairness though. Would you rather watch the Dillons and Bishops or her and her smile and listen to her sexy nonsensical babbling?

Is it really worth having a dog that just cozies up to any old stranger? He doesn't have to get aggressive, but he could get anxious and start pawing at the door and whining or something like that. Not just "herrr, in a different house now, hope i'll be fed".

It's obviously impossible to break a controller like that, not unless you dropped a large pile of cement about the size of that straight on top of it. Even what Charlotte was doing wouldn't work.

Even though I normally don't like her, I thought Charlotte was pretty good tonight and looked good as well.

I could see Decco and Zumo really got into their characters as well, almost like it came naturally to them.....

Damien walking around with a loaded gun , but he cant shoot it lol

Damien walking around with a loaded gun , but he cant shoot it lol

How was he coping before Ama as the last person he had sex with Suzanne and she has been long gone :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭CassieManson

nice_very wrote: »
    the Fahy "dog saga" ffs

So Benjamin steals a dog and his reward for being so "responsible" is to be told he can have a dog of his own!! Later we see Jo and Dermot congratulating themselves for being such good parents!!

So Benjamin steals a dog and his reward for being so "responsible" is to be told he can have a dog of his own!! Later we see Jo and Dermot congratulating themselves for being such good parents!!

Plus Benjamin voice is ****ing annoying as hell they gotten the child to put on a posh voice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How was he coping before Ama as the last person he had sex with Suzanne and she has been long gone :P

I doubt they had much of a sex life either during all that time when she was beating the tar out of him.

It's like as soon as Ama brought up the "no sex before marriage" Damien suddenly realized he's a wild horndog who needs sex all the time. Many people go without sex. It's just ridiculous for many reasons.

why cant Damien just masturbate ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I doubt they had much of a sex life either during all that time when she was beating the tar out of him.

It's like as soon as Ama brought up the "no sex before marriage" Damien suddenly realized he's a wild horndog who needs sex all the time. Many people go without sex. It's just ridiculous for many reasons.

Christ its not that difficult or ridiculous ! Men aren't just animals who have sex or don't !! The point is that the guy really wants a physical relationship with Ama - not Caoimhe , not his hand - just Ama . Her being around him all the time and cuddling him etc is making it really hard (pun intended ) . Hence the "tease " line the other night .

ah shur lookit

A good storyline for Damo would be he gets caught paying a prostitute for sex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

A good storyline for Damo would be he gets caught paying a prostitute for sex

Neasa has left so how would he get caught ? - anyway that was years ago :D

desbrook wrote: »
    Neasa has left so how would he get caught ? - anyway that was years ago :D

Bring back Tracey :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

It looked like Caoimhe was eyeing Damien up yesterday in the bar so I reckon he's going to end up going to her for sex.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement