Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,830 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FC has gone way overload with Judy and her Dillion brothers saga it needs to end bloody soon, so f*cking boring

Pete and Doug back next week, yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

It's not a hatred for Stephen, it's a hatred for the silly posts about him :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I like the Stephen posts. But there's no quota. If we don't like what someone is posting, we can post something else.

Speaking of unpopular opinions, I think Caoimhe is one of the best things in the show. I like the way she gets under people's skin. Yvonne is a soap-style bitch, which is great, but it's all very melodramatic. Caoimhe is much more like someone you dislike in real like.

She's more dangerous too, because she could easily end up with a gangster and get him to blow your brains out for spilling her drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

13ynpz4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I was one of the people who started the Stephen references here about 3 years ago.
    Great to see he's still going strong even in the absence of myself and the majority of the posters at the time.

If any of ye won that trip to the set, you're in for a treat.
    3 of us from boards won it a couple of years ago - its great craic. I shan't give anymore away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Jo: I was going to make eggs.

WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I like the Stephen posts. But there's no quota. If we don't like what someone is posting, we can post something else.

Speaking of unpopular opinions, I think Caoimhe is one of the best things in the show. I like the way she gets under people's skin. Yvonne is a soap-style bitch, which is great, but it's all very melodramatic. Caoimhe is much more like someone you dislike in real like.

She's more dangerous too, because she could easily end up with a gangster and get him to blow your brains out for spilling her drink.

but she's lovely too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm starting to get a kick off Joe, she destroys Dermot in their verbal warfare.I think its the accent and how she delivers the put downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

pookiesboo wrote: »
    But the constant refences to him on this thread arent universally popular, theyre just annoying... :pac:
    I did not know that until this morning

• Site Banned Posts: 8 Chuckie pooh

I would be great if mrs dillon, the dillon brothers, fat tart and her son were killed by a phone box falling on them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

I would be great if mrs dillon, the dillon brothers, fat tart and her son were killed by a phone box falling on them.
    That would be logical in a fair city world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

I can't wait until Eddie takes Paul and Wayne to the cleaners. They are the most annoying characters ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Stephen for bar manager !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Indeed yes! Stephen is the best bloody barman in the whole of Ireland. Make no mistake about it if Stephen was promoted to the position as the manager of McCoys that silly place they call the Station would quickly go into liquidation. :D

So what about it RTE and the script writers of Fair City. For the sake of the economy of Carrickstown it is your sacred duty to give Stephen the role his superior thespian skills deserve. For the sake of Ireland make Stephen king pin of McCoys!!!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Wayne the idiotic dick. I hope Fast Eddie takes him to the cleaners.

that scene where blackie took the lollypop and and said yes doctor (cringe)

this story goes on for another 2 week its the same thing every episode

also did fv announce the winners of the contest to visit the set name bella kids

that scene where blackie took the lollypop and and said yes doctor (cringe)

this story goes on for another 2 week its the same thing every episode

also did fv announce the winners of the contest to visit the set name bella kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Just to wade in on the Stephen debate : the storylines in Fair City tend to be a little bit well ... slow and often predictable. Stephen is the great unknown every episode and has been for 13years. It's genuinely exciting when the guy speaks! It made my Christmas when he got that jokey line with Orla in the bar when she took over. You can't watch FC for any length without noticing the guy.
    While most of us want him to become a "proper character " we secretly dread it as the " will he speak won't he?" fun will end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i think it says it all if 'we' are looking around in the background at the 'extras' instead of the 'actors'!lol.
    i often find myself watching the people in the background in the pub/vinos/hungrypig/station, or even picking up things in spar!...
    it never ceases to amaze me how/why extras, and even actors take an item off a shelve and read the back of it and study the packet for ages before buying something.?
    i just run around doing supermarket sweep when im food shopping and throw it all in as quickly as possible, only barely checking sell by dates, or prices.? never read the calorie content or whatever it is thats so interesting at the back....

obviously what they are told to do at acting school. ?

another acting school thing that they all do is dial phone numbers arseways, and without looking at the notebook or whatever when coping a number in to the phone, or if they have to scribble a message for someone theres no way they ever write it properally. and typing on computers is another joke too....all these ad lib things should be done correctly in myopinion and if i was a soap director theres no way id let half of them away with these little asides.....

sorry just a list of my pet hates in soaps/tv drama's in general....
    anyone else have any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I thought Ray was supposed to be a mechanic, I had to laugh at him trying to tighten/loosen the car wheel nuts with an open-ended spanner, that was never going to work. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

iceblue wrote: »
    i think it says it all if 'we' are looking around in the background at the 'extras' instead of the 'actors'!lol.
    i often find myself watching the people in the background in the pub/vinos/hungrypig/station, or even picking up things in spar!...
    it never ceases to amaze me how/why extras, and even actors take an item off a shelve and read the back of it and study the packet for ages before buying something.?
    i just run around doing supermarket sweep when im food shopping and throw it all in as quickly as possible, only barely checking sell by dates, or prices.? never read the calorie content or whatever it is thats so interesting at the back....

another acting school thing that they all do is dial phone numbers arseways, and without looking at the notebook or whatever when coping a number in to the phone, or if they have to scribble a message for someone theres no way they ever write it properally. and typing on computers is another joke too....all these ad lib things should be done correctly in myopinion and if i was a soap director theres no way id let half of them away with these little asides.....

My pet hate is the way they "drink" out of blatently empty coffee cups in Vinos!! really fake looking and so obvious that there's nothing in the cup....I always notice this when they have their takeway coffee for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I honestly thought they were zombie extras from 'Sean Of The Dead' :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Lets not forget giant heavy metal dude that walks in and out of shot all the time...in fact one day the camera just leered at his ass for the entire shot as he walked along!
    Would be great if fair city had a metal band.

...and no matter how interesting a tv program they are watching is, they always switch off the telly when another family member enters the room

like in our gaff it would be ..."hey, get out of the way I'm watching this!":D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,830 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where was Zac and Neasa for Caoimhe's birthday dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where was Zac and Neasa for Caoimhe's birthday dinner?

upstairs and in the station being my guess.. though neasa did say she cant get out until 10, and as judy bought champers in the shop it wouldnt have gone 10

but zak... yeah upstairs Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Why is it that no one has SKY in fair city? evrey tine they turn off the telly it with a standard TV remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i was wondering how old she was supposed to be. ? she looks 35? ....acts 12. champagne for dinner?... tommy's turning into a right little housewife isnt he. offering to cook etc. the relationship bet him and doctor dillion just doesnt make sense. and i think luke is very creepy. i would have loved to see him trying to park his big range rover into that space outside spar inbetween two other cars?... we just saw him sitting there, with the window open watching tommy and the good doctor like he was stalking her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Juicy Judy is the unlikeliest sexbomb ever. Crap storyline, I know soaps arent supposed to mirror reality totally but WHEN WOULD THIS EVER HAPPEN!? Except for The General who was shagging both his missus and her sister BUT SERIOUSLY??!! if shes that miserable with her fella why doesnt she just piss off altogether with her brother-in-law who by the ways also makes her miserable.
    As for "I not spending enough time with my daughters" excuse she gives to said brother-in-law, she shares nearly EVERY scene with them, from making them dinner to visiting them at work. Juicy Judy needs a swift kick up the jacksie

• Advertisement

Stephen stole the episode again tonight :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement