Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

leahyl wrote: »
    Did Leo actually deliberately start the fire?

Nope he didn't. It was an electrical fault. It looks like he committed arson or something but in actual fact he wasn't aware of all the sparks in the last episode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Pretty solid episode overall though, miles ahead of the hyped up car crash on Eastenders.

I wasn't hyped up about that and thought it was a fine episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Blackie being completely wooden saved himself a long painful death. Must have burnt quite quickly.

liddypool wrote: »
    as owner of the factory is Paul Brennan liable? oh I so hope he is..
    Yep, we'll find that Paul makes a deal with Leo to lie about the deal and as Paul has no insurance on it he will get it covered on his insurance. Ends up thrown back and Paul is in trouble. Leo attempts to commit suicide later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Russian Blue

I've got a news application on my phone and top of the list of news was 'Man held over fire...'

Thought it was going to be about fair city when I read the first half of the sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I wasn't hyped up about that and thought it was a fine episode.

I was only giving a personal opinion on the episode, and it was the papers that hyped it up.

A mattress falling from the ceiling? No I'm sure it was some sort of metal thing that could be very heavy. What I would have liked to see was Tommy making a start to go near it, and then suddenly a load of sparks audibly flay up in wires around it and Tommy stops in his tracks. He could have at least tried to see how heavy it was!

I thought it looked like some office equipment / pcs etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Jay x

It was ****e and predictable, typical fair ****ty

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Yes it's possible to transfer property ownership in fair city by simply handing over the keys, no need for paperwork solicitors or any of that nonsense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 liddypool

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Yes it's possible to transfer property ownership in fair city by simply handing over the keys, no need for paperwork solicitors or any of that nonsense :)

Didn't Paul remind Leo earlier this week that there was a legally binding contract drawn up and that if Leo didn't make his repayment by friday that Paul would then be the owner that's when Leo said take it now and gave him the keys.any solicitors on this thread like to explain it to us.i know i don't get out much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

It was quite touching when Tommy and Luke apologised to each other.

Just as well Niamh didn't go into the building she would have come out all black.;)

jesus Christ my side I cannot stop laughing :D:D:D:D:D

rte player so many ads :( literally 2 minutes of ads to watch fair city

just going to watch the episode now will report back guys :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Fair City seems to exist in a world where property ownership is transferred by throwing keys at someone in a fit of rage.

What about the deeds/legals/etc?

Jack Kyle wrote: »
    Fair City seems to exist in a world where property ownership is transferred by throwing keys at someone in a fit of rage.

What about the deeds/legals/etc?

You're not suggesting Paul Brennan is the type of man who would turn his back on a verbal and clearly implied agreement if it was costing him thousands and thousands of euro? :eek:

Also, this may not be be the case but mightn't there be some sort of legal requirement for some type of basic insurance on these places?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Why did Tommy stay in the burning building when the others just walked out? When Blackie returned Tommy just seemed to be loitering with intent in the burning corridor. Did Tommy want to die?

Why did Tommy stay in the burning building when the others just walked out? When Blackie returned Tommy just seemed to be loitering with intent in the burning corridor. Did Tommy want to die?

He thought it'd be a good time to take a breather. "go on ahead, I'll catch up later, me aul knees are killing me", and they just left him.

He probably wanted to catch his breath, in a smoke filled room :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Luke should have listened to the Admiral...

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

Thought Ama's dropping of the mug thing was stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    It was quite touching when Tommy and Luke apologised to each other.

I agree - it was an excellent scene, well scripted and acted. The Tommy and Luke saga went on way too long, but it had a great climax.

WTF is up with Chaw-lee and his very annoying fake accent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Russian Blue

Was there ever a mention of Luke having a twin. They should bring him back.

Also bring back Lucy. Much rather see her than that boring Ama.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

buzsywuzsy wrote: »
    Thought Ama's dropping of the mug thing was stupid

The character Ama is stupid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Very strange scene in McCoys when there was no barman to be seen...just the blond girl with no name who never seems to pull a pint. (Stephen was still in the Community Centre celebrating his 2nd place in the pie contest) I realise that I made an observation recently that coys were totally overstaffed but RTE have reacted in a most extreme fashion. My guess is the the punters were pulling their own points tonight in McCoys which again will do nothing to help improve its gross profit percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

Skid X wrote: »
    I agree - it was an excellent scene, well scripted and acted. The Tommy and Luke saga went on way too long, but it had a great climax.

I may have shed a tear. The shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

No doubt Judith will blame Tommy for Luke's death now - not trying hard enough to save him, and she wouldn't be wrong...

ok so a couple of things about tonight episode

first it was amazing

the fire was great

they cheeped out on the explosion

luke got an awful death I didn't see it coming

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

For me-

Weirdest moment was the Stephen lookalike in the ambulance

Time to mute the volume moment was Judys wailing

Funniest moment was Caoimhe trying to move Damien and not able to budge him. The lad really ought to lose some weight. I know, I know I shouldn't find it funny..

Cringiest moment Caoimhe straddling Damien at the start .

Saddest moment Tommy and Blackie

By the way, ambulance had come and gone and no sign of the fire brigade :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Was there ever a mention of Luke having a twin. They should bring him back.

Also bring back Lucy. Much rather see her than that boring Ama.
    If the Dillon wan was expecting Damos baby and when Ama sees the baby for the first time she takes notice of the baby's big head and suddenly realizes Damo is the father, then all hell breaks loose :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement