Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Fire Brigade must be coming from Lifford.

The Carrickstown yobbos ambushed the fire brigade en route thus explaining their tardiness. The complete absence of the brigade being so there is absolutely no excuse for the cowardly non action of the able bodied residents of Carrickstown who stood idly by as one of their own toasted. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,746 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Earlier in the episode Yvonne Doyle was seemed more upset saying goodbye to luke than she has been about any of her own family in long time

Didn't she invest in a retirement village and apartments with him? I vaguely remember she wanted Bela to live there

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Didn't she invest in a retirement village and apartments with him? I vaguely remember she wanted Bela to live there

I think yvonne was fond of luke :)

liz you know more then the fair city writer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Thanks Liz i tend to breeze in and out of following the show, I knew there must have money involved somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

liz you know more then the fair city writer lol

She apparently watches everything on tv.

Fair City, Eastenders, Coronation Street, Hollyoaks, Emmerdale, Home and Away, X-Factor, all the obvious American tv shows.... and a zillion more lesser known shows. Then she comes and talks about them on boards. I don't know how she does it, it must be some sort of world record for most television watched and commented on. I wonder if maybe she is working in the industry or something like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Lisha wrote: »
    Flaming cheek of Ama not letting Laura go in the ambulance

Appropriate use of the word "flaming"! Someone should point out to poor little naive Ama that her Damien was in the burning building with the Dillon hur. Just as well for Damo the lingering smell of Leo's burning building overpowered the the tell tale scent of Damo's almost fatal quickie.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

A great episode! Fantastic stuff. I had a feeling it would be Luke with all the goodbyes to Yvonne and Judith. How are Damion and Caoimhe going to talk their way out of this one? Leo just standing around shows how cold he really is...always out for himself. Himself and Paul deserve whatever they get.

Welcome done Fair City...roll on the next 25 years! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Leo the cold-hearted gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

i would rattle loose change out of that yvonne one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

i would rattle loose change out of that yvonne one
    A fine woman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

moy83 wrote: »
    A fine woman

indeed;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

jos28 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing Paul going mental when the Dillons take the house off the market.

The expression, easy come easy go, is coming to mind would'nt it be great to see Paul in a worse state than Leo, with all his illusions of grandure and all, even though Niamh saved his ass in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Leo the cold-hearted gimp.
    Big hands = small heart :D

Anyone else still remember watching the first episode?

Hard to believe its 24 years ago.
    All I can remember was Johnny1 and a few ould lads drinking in the pub Chaw-lee was one of them. Amazing how sophisticated he has become back then he was plain old Charrrrlie :)

http://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/681-history-of-rte/706-rte-1980s/139385-fair-city-episode-1/?page=2

Charlie Kelly is an original character wow so was Barry hes not long left now who else is there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Charlie Kelly is an original character wow so was Barry hes not long left now who else is there

Paul Brennan

Very first scene was Charlie Kelly berating Paul Brennan in McCoy's for cheating on Charlie's daughter (I think).

Sam Kade wrote: »
    All I can remember was Johnny1 and a few ould lads drinking in the pub Chaw-lee was one of them. Amazing how sophisticated he has become back then he was plain old Charrrrlie :)

http://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/681-history-of-rte/706-rte-1980s/139385-fair-city-episode-1/?page=2

I don't think I missed any episodes for the first four or five years.
    That clip has the original (and mostly forgotten-about) Mags. The character was re-cast in 1990.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Niamh was a roide back in the early days too.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Niamh was a roide back in the early days too.

Still is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Still is.

Ahh now, she has put on a few pounds since then. Plus she always dresses like a nun now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Anne Clarke was a fine bit of stuff.

Anne Clarke was a fine bit of stuff.

Indeed. Her father was a prick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Bela Doyle is there a good long time. Don't know if he's an original though.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Bela Doyle is there a good long time. Don't know if he's an original though.

He's not. Didn't appear till at least 1990.

Still is.
    From the top of her neck up :(

I remember the actress who plays Judith was the original Dolorous as well, she didnt play the part for long though.

I remember the actress who plays Judith was the original Dolorous as well, she didnt play the part for long though.

Indeed RTE have short memories, the doctor in the Riordans ended being the Garda in Glenroe even though Glenroe was a spin off of Bracken which was a spin off of the Riordans :mad:

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Indeed RTE have short memories, the doctor in the Riordans ended being the Garda in Glenroe even though Glenroe was a spin off of Bracken which was a spin off of the Riordans :mad:

I barely remember the Riordans, remember Bracken well though.

• Advertisement

I barely remember the Riordans, remember Bracken well though.
    Bracken ran from 78-82

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement