Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Some people don't like re-casting being criticised. I'm expecting them to emerge any time now.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Bracken ran from 78-82

I am not sure if those dates are correct - although they're all over the net.

It was just two series of six episodes (50mins) each. Broadcast in 1980 and 1982 as far as I recall. It was repeated on TG4 in 1999. My VCR was in for repair at the time which was a pain. EDIT - also shown on the Lifestyle channel in 1993.

Don't think The Riordans finished until 1979.

Bracken on DVD would be an ideal release for Network. However I could see RTE refusing to sell the DVD rights while simultaneously letting it sit on the shelf, unrepeated and gathering dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    I am not sure if those dates are correct - although they're all over the net.

It was just two series of six episodes (50mins) each. Broadcast in 1980 and 1982 as far as I recall. It was repeated on TG4 in 1999. My VCR was in for repair at the time which was a pain.

Don't think The Riordans finished until 1979.

Bracken on DVD would be an ideal release for Network. However I could see RTE refusing to sell the DVD rights while simultaneously letting it sit on the shelf, unrepeated and gathering dust.
    Yeah I was thinking that too don't remember it running for four seasons and was thinking more early 80's when it started.

There are six full episodes of Bracken on YouTube. Taped from the 1999 repeats.

http://www.byrneholics.com/2013/news/gabriel-byrne/tv/six-episodes-of-bracken/

The two series were originally broadcast January 1980 and January 1982.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Ahh now, she has put on a few pounds since then. Plus she always dresses like a nun now.

but that flaming mane gets me everytime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

but that flaming mane gets me everytime
    Fair enough as long as you don't head south :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Fair enough as long as you don't head south :)

Oh marvellous here come the "the actress who plays Niamh is carrying a few pounds" posts :rolleyes:
    They're almost as riveting as the "Stephen does...." ones

The fire scenes were quite good (considering Fair City don't have the budget that other soaps do)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Oh marvellous here come the "the actress who plays Niamh is carrying a few pounds" posts :rolleyes:

The fire scenes were quite good (considering Fair City don't have the budget that other soaps do)

who care if she is a bit pudgey i still would

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Niamh once dated Stephen. Here she poses on Stephens old car.;)

niamhascrumpet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I can't believe
    Orla sleeps with Tommy next week
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I can't believe

Its almost as far fetched as Caoimhe and Damien hooking up - even with Caoimhe always going for what Neasa's former lover (Finn) and job (manager of the pub)
    I mean, have
    Orla and Tommy
    ever even spoken to each other? Her and
    Jo
    can compare notes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Does anyone have a picture of Judith Dillion as Delores?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I can't believe

After 24 years of appalling acting and rubbish storylines, nothing should really surprise us anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

To be fair to the spoiler, Id do Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Niamh once dated Stephen. Here she poses on Stephens old car.;)

niamhascrumpet.jpg

Actually the car belonged to Leo, he was having an affair with her at the time.

peewee_44 wrote: »

yup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

peewee_44 wrote: »

I saw him on stage as a silver-tongued barrister in a sharp Italian suit. I have never felt less heterosexual in my life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Anyone would be more appealing than that sack of white lard known as Damien.

is this what all fair city fans look like

http://www.10360.com/Pictures/allimg/0811/Super-Sexy-Jeans--Man-and-Woman-Flirt-Jeans_6.jpg

its inist ? I doubt none of us look like that so lets stop discussing weight

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Its almost as far fetched as Caoimhe and Damien hooking up - even with Caoimhe always going for what Neasa's former lover (Finn) and job (manager of the pub)
    I mean, have
    Orla and Tommy
    ever even spoken to each other? Her and
    Jo
    can compare notes!!!

Orla gave out to Tommy when she discovered his affair with Jo and she also condemned him to Jo as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Has the Fire Brigade arrived yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Judith sounds like Zig and/or Zag.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Ama is so irritating...the character, the voice...everything :(

Did Yvonne have feelings for Luke?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

That hospital gown is actually quite flattering on Damian :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sigourney wrote: »
    Judith sounds like Zig and/or Zag.

LOL :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

That woman got through medical school, probably getting close to 600 points in her leaving. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Can Leo sue Paul for slander or something if he gets proven innocent ? Brave man making accusations like that in a pub .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

That woman got through medical school, probably getting close to 600 points in her leaving. :rolleyes:
    I doubt she even got through drama school not to mind sitting a leaving cert :D

The detective has some attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

Is there no end to Ama's talents? Master baker, running community events..and now using medical jargon. Next, she'll be replacing Michael D. in the Aras. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement