Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

jjf1974 wrote: »
    They usually do interviews and discuss cases in a garda station , not in a community centre, a café,the local spar or the pub in front of half the street.:confused:
    Agreed, what detective would announce the findings of a fire investigation in a public place like the community centre. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Having my once a month- every 6 weeks type check in with the folks of Carrickstown. Jaysus. It just gets worse. How Jo is an actress I'll never know. I have shoes that are more believable as human beings. Leo isn't much better.

The guards just seem to have no concept of confidentiality or professionalism, talking to all and sundry in the open.

And I still don't understand how Charlie became so well spoken/posh in the last few years when he was just your average Northsider all the time before that. It's like his wife dies and he stops talking with a thick Dublin accent. Bizarre.

Think I'll wait a bit longer to check in next time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Judith said she needs to feel close to Luke , well I know just the ****ing place for her , the clown

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Meangadh wrote: »
    Having my once a month- every 6 weeks type check in with the folks of Carrickstown. Jaysus. It just gets worse. How Jo is an actress I'll never know. I have shoes that are more believable as human beings. Leo isn't much better.

The guards just seem to have no concept of confidentiality or professionalism, talking to all and sundry in the open.

And I still don't understand how Charlie became so well spoken/posh in the last few years when he was just your average Northsider all the time before that. It's like his wife dies and he stops talking with a thick Dublin accent. Bizarre.

Think I'll wait a bit longer to check in next time!!

It's the best comedy on RTE at the moment, though that's not saying much.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,743 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good ole Yvonne telling it like it really is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Oh crickey the weirdest haircut on tv could be for the chop !
    Poor ole 'furbz'

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Damien tells the detective (in the Spar) that he mentioned to Leo that the electrical plugs may be a bit dicey. Five minutes later, Leo is arrested (in the pub!) and charged with negligence, probably criminal negligence. No investigation or forensic evidence is required.
    By the way, would a detective need to bring a uniformed, silent, Garda with him (in to the pub!) in order to arrest someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Poor ould Leo. For five minutes it looked like all his troubles were behind him but now he's even deeper in the shyte again.

That was hilarious, he was all smug and then suddenly it all went wrong. The guy playing him is such a bad actor that its actually funny seeing him struggle with the dramatic storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

EB_2013 wrote: »
    That was hilarious, he was all smug and then suddenly it all went wrong. The guy playing him is such a bad actor that its actually funny seeing him struggle with the dramatic storylines.

I've become so used to Leo I don't think the actor is bad anymore. I think it's just Leo being Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are we not allowed discuss all aspects of the soap including the actors/actresses?

You can and I'm all for it but does someone being fat or slim, old or young dictate whether or not they can act?

Its not relevant to the programme or the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

jjf1974 wrote: »
    They usually do interviews and discuss cases in a garda station , not in a community centre, a café,the local spar or the pub in front of half the street.:confused:

Didn't see this, but for any Emmerdale fans on here, the cops arrived into the pub with a photo of a guy, said his body had been found, and someone in the pub exclaimed, oh it's Alex... What if his family happened to be there, bit harsh to find out like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

desbrook wrote: »
    Nobody should have to apologise for complimenting some one bar the comments being overly crude or sexual or something . Youthfulness and slenderness are big deals to most of us! Leave a well meaning person alone!

They are not crude or sexual or something, they just aren't relevant thats all.
    Just like the fantasy Stephen stories aren't relevant..

I'm not trying to be argumentative with people I just don't see why someones weight/age or physical appearance should be mentioned here whereas I'm all for slagging their crap acting, the ridiculous storylines and their feckless morals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

I like the general FC chitchat, personalities, comments, often some very humorous observations.

Sick of the constant Politically correct crap, right up to the t..tonsils with it, posters can't even give a compliment now without someone hopping on them.

But bringing up Emmerdale on the FC forum, that's not on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

vektarman wrote: »
    Agreed, what detective would announce the findings of a fire investigation in a public place like the community centre. :confused:

One played by a bad actor with a serious attitude problem. HI ART.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

Unbelievable that there were no scenes showing Caoimhe and her mam talking about the night she nearly died. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Lisha wrote: »
    I've become so used to Leo I don't think the actor is bad anymore. I think it's just Leo being Leo

yeah exactly. I wouldn't go casting him as any other character though, it's hard to imagine it all being put on by the actor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

I'm not trying to be argumentative with people I just don't see why someones weight/age or physical appearance should be mentioned here whereas I'm all for slagging their crap acting, the ridiculous storylines and their feckless morals :)

Now hold on a minute matey! Stephen is not a fantasy. He is a barman in McCoys public house in Carrickstown. He is very relevant to all the comings and goings in Carrickstown. So stop picking on Stephen. :cool:

why does vivienne bishop have a big blond patch at the back of her head? It reminds me of the white stripe on a skunk

remind me of this :D

http://justagirl05.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/penelopelecat.jpg
    looney toons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Cathyht wrote: »

But bringing up Emmerdale on the FC forum, that's not on.

Sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Now hold on a minute matey! Stephen is not a fantasy. He is a barman in McCoys public house in Carrickstown. He is very relevant to all the comings and goings in Carrickstown. So stop picking on Stephen. :cool:

And he makes a mean banoffi pie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

The big difference between following FC and any English /Oz soap is that you have a huge chance of seeing one of the cast out and about. Without trying I've met half. Hence posters to this thread have always shared such "bumpings into" . To my knowledge no-one has ever been critical. The cast are normal people and we like that - their basket in Tesco is like ours!
    Fact is also that if you meet someone "off the telly" . that you compare their appearance with how they look on television. At least 99% would! These musings are definitely part of the thread imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Unbelievable that there were no scenes showing Caoimhe and her mam talking about the night she nearly died. :(

Judith would have to stop thinking about herself and her lost love Luke for a second to remember her only child not to have run away from her. Serve her right if Caoimhe desserts her now as well. Caoimhe was begging for someone to talk to about her ordeal and her guilt with last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Yeah, Desbrook. How is everyone's 'celeb' spotting going.
    Ray was doing a bit of grocery shopping in Merrion SC other day, pretty girl with him, daughter I'd say.
    Val was very tanned down in Arklow Tesco a few weeks ago :)

Never ever see Zumo in my travels, where is his stomping ground. I wonder does he go everywhere two steps behind Vivienne in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Ray was doing a bit of grocery shopping in Merrion SC other day, pretty girl with him, daughter I'd say.

Never ever see Zumo in my travels, where is his stomping ground. I wonder does he go everywhere two steps behind Vivienne in real life?

I'ver seen him a few times in Cabra, obviously lives there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Ray lives Crumlin, his partner used to play Francesca (Ray's one time on screen girlfriend)

I think Keith lives in that neck of the woods too, the actor who played him became a daddy aged 15!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Damien is such a d1ck...first messing around my caoimhe, then proposing to ama, and then just like that...hangin poor oul leo by the gonads!
    good to have him watchin your back!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I saw Niamh the other day and the poor divil was flat out!! I dared not say hello even, in case i ruined her already busy day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Passed Doug this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

desbrook wrote: »
    The big difference between following FC and any English /Oz soap is that you have a huge chance of seeing one of the cast out and about. Without trying I've met half. Hence posters to this thread have always shared such "bumpings into" . To my knowledge no-one has ever been critical. The cast are normal people and we like that - their basket in Tesco is like ours!
    Fact is also that if you meet someone "off the telly" . that you compare their appearance with how they look on television. At least 99% would! These musings are definitely part of the thread imho.

Isn't it better if people are honest and critical anyway?

For example, if someone has put on a bit of weight, surely they would like to be aware that this is noticeable instead of hiding it from themselves?

Most people are afraid to say negative things about people to them in real life, no wonder so many relationships are so confusing for people. And every good thing someone says has to be treated with suspicion. People should be grateful for a reality check.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    Passed Doug this morning.

was he lost :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement