Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Damo cheating with Orla would have been a better storyline than her with Tommy and him with Caoimhe

Maybe Damo and Orla would have been a longer story.
    Tommy certainly got over that paralysis, there was no stalling. I've never seen him even talking to Orla before. I'm being generous calling it a two minute wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

lots more sighing ahead from Judy when she finds out that Tommy buried his bone in Orla

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Damo cheating with Orla would have been a better storyline than her with Tommy and him with Caoimhe

Good point! And then Tommy with Caoimhe.... jk. :p

I thought Orla looked quite good today, in the pub she usually doesn't look very good, too much makeup and her personality certainly doesn't help.
    edelweis wrote: »
    Judith "I can't believe you left your brother for dead" Dillon is surely out of lines now, unless Aunty Kitty has another brother.....???

Don't even joke about such a thing... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I think it was nice of Luke to take a picture like that just incase he died and needed it for the coffin top

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Evillemachine

Have they learned to act yet in that show? Lol, last time I saw that was about 2007 and the acting was so bad it made blue movies seem Oscar material by comparison. I think Leo has to be the worst actor on the planet. If I was teaching drama, I'd show this woeful show to my students and tell them to do the exact opposite lol. Mind you, the story lines were usually quite good, just not an ensemble of Phillip Seymore Hoffman's to carry them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Laura = total babe.

Really?

Don't see it myself but different strokes for different folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bit unrealistic the scenario where Orla is offering Tommy a shoulder to cry on and and then just like that it's jiggy jiggy time.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I really am sick of Judith and Tommy now just let them both move on. Its like FC don't want to kill this story

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Have they learned to act yet in that show?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Have they learned to act yet in that show? Lol, last time I saw that was about 2007 and the acting was so bad it made blue movies seem Oscar material by comparison. I think Leo has to be the worst actor on the planet. If I was teaching drama, I'd show this woeful show to my students and tell them to do the exact opposite lol. Mind you, the story lines were usually quite good, just not an ensemble of Phillip Seymore Hoffman's to carry them out.

Booooring.

This is a forum for people who actually watch the show. Not for smart alecs who want to come in and just make predictable and cheap jokes at its expense.

If you haven't watched it since 2007, then I would kindly suggest you stick to that and go and find another forum to post in about something you actually do watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I have to say that Ciara O'Callaghan aka Yvonne Doyle is an excellent actress. I think the storylines/scripts are limiting factor some of the actors. As pointed out by others on the thread the same lines are trashed out over and over again eg.

Dermot and Jo "what's best for Ben"
    Ama "I get my bag" - her storyline also entailed both she and Damien telling all in sundry about their sex life or lack of.
    Judith's line "You left your brother for dead"
    After Luke died - everyone has the line "he died a hero".

There is only so much you can do with the same line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Bit unrealistic the scenario where Orla is offering Tommy a shoulder to cry on and and then just like that it's jiggy jiggy time.

Maybe it's breeding season for the organic ram:D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Evillemachine

Randomiser wrote: »
    Booooring.

This is a forum for people who actually watch the show. Not for smart alecs who want to come in and just make predictable and cheap jokes at its expense.

If you haven't watched it since 2007, then I would kindly suggest you stick to that and go and find another forum to post in about something you actually do watch.

Hang on, I'm new here. I was browsing the topics and FC intrigued me. Free country, I'm entitled to comment. I don't why you feel so defensive - the show is rather shoddy and poorly acted, you have to admit. This country produces some fine thespians who can't find work, so why don't FC employ these people instead of a joke cast that can't act for toffee? I just watched an episode on real player and laughed myself senseless, it hasn't changed a bit lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hang on, I'm new here. I was browsing the topics and FC intrigued me. Free country, I'm entitled to comment. I don't why you feel so defensive - the show is rather shoddy and poorly acted, you have to admit. This country produces some fine thespians who can't find work, so why don't FC employ these people instead of a joke cast that can't act for toffee? I just watched an episode on real player and laughed myself senseless, it hasn't changed a bit lol.

This is a for people who like fair city tough. Its to share news/gossip about the show and discuss the episodes. It's like the Christmas forum it's for people who like to talk about Christmas all year round!

I bet orla is going to be pregnant now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

10 things you must never ask in Fair City (coz you wouldn't like the answers :) )

1 - why do more people work in the Spar shop than the Bistro , The Hungry Pig and McCoy's put together ?

2 - why did Leo go out of business over an expired Dispatcher's Licence yet Carol Foley was able to start up a cab company with a crappy phone, a biro a notepad and a few contacts ?

3 - why does Damo have to wait three years for a divorce when himself and Suzanne having been living apart for ages ?

4 - why does not one of the Dillion's bar Tommy and Luke have even the slightest trace of a non-D4 accent ?

5- why do characters suddenly talk to each other with such in depth knowledge when we've never even seen them look at each other before ? (Tommy and Orla )

6 - why do some cases come to court in jig time (Doug's ) but others take f-o-r-e-v-e-r (Barry's ) ?

7- why do the Carrigstown residents not make their own coffee ?

8- Has Paul ONCE spoken to Callum's mum since he arrived ?

9- Just how many times has Paul told goody goody Rachel to have nothing to do with Charlotte yet every time without explanation they are back together ???

10 - When is Orla going to get ANY storyline ? (last night doesn't count ) (although TAJD may be right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I think it was nice of Luke to take a picture like that just incase he died and needed it for the coffin top

Obviously gone to a better place, never saw him smile so brightly, almost laughing actually, when the poor divil was alive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Great questions desbrook!! Hilarious!!! Especially the coffee one!

This is a for people who like fair city tough. Its to share news/gossip about the show and discuss the episodes. It's like the Christmas forum it's for people who like to talk about Christmas all year round!

It's for people to DISCUSS Fair City (clue is in the title ) - you don't have to like it exactly as it is I would have thought .
    As I wrote before even those of us who are critical of the show ( me included ) are actually passionate about the concept of a Dublin soap . We love Fair City - just not how it's being treated and presented particularly by the writers .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Really?

Don't see it myself but different strokes for different folks.
    ah she is ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

desbrook wrote: »
    It's for people to DISCUSS Fair City (clue is in the title ) - you don't have to like it exactly as it is I would have thought .
    As I wrote before even those of us who are critical of the show ( me included ) are actually passionate about the concept of a Dublin soap . We love Fair City - just not how it's being treated and presented particularly by the writers .

I did say discuss, if you read my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ooooh jeeeeeeaysus Orla noooooo...

(just watched it on fast forward in work)

I did say discuss, if you read my post.

You did in fairness - apologies . The guy though was on topic - he wasn't trying to discuss something else . You'll find that those crititising him have actually taken the thread off topic .

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Now I'm not suggesting people cannot be critical of the programme, but this thread is populated by too many people attempting to make puerile cracks, which usually are highly pedantic and unfunny.

And for somebody to come on here who doesn't even watch the show just to make a cheap pop at it is pathetic.

If people really do dislike the show, then the best thing to do would be to switch it off, and let the rest of us who very much enjoy the programme alone.

strange thing last night bella Charlie and cass waited till to go to mc coys for there pint
    and I think carol said , why didn't they have one while they were at the afters at the station and they all said no

that's so weird at an afters after a funeral people drink yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

1 - why do more people work in the Spar shop than the Bistro , The Hungry Pig and McCoy's put together ?

If you or anyone are familiar with Mallow town Dano's Centra have 20 employees working at any one time. Not as far fetched as you think ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

This country produces some fine thespians who can't find work, so why don't FC employ these people instead of a joke cast that can't act for toffee?

That's interesting. Who would you suggest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

ooooh jeeeeeeaysus Orla noooooo...

(just watched it on fast forward in work)

Ash, bet it wasn't on fast forward. That was It. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

strange thing last night bella Charlie and cass waited till to go to mc coys for there pint
    and I think carol said , why didn't they have one while they were at the afters at the station and they all said no

that's so weird at an afters after a funeral people drink yeah ?

I thought it was to do with the quality of the pints in the station, no?

• Advertisement

I thought it was to do with the quality of the pints in the station, no?

maybe or just they like going to mc coys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement