Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

I want to slap tommys smug face, and to think i used to like him:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I liked Paul tonight, as others have said he showed his softer side.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I still like Tommy, Judith is getting on my nerves. I think Tommy was right the 3 of them were all to blame for the whole mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

How was tommy to blame?

Also , tommy mentioned to someone last night the Olivia offered to lay for his flights to canada. Did tommy tell Judy that Olivia barred him from the funeral?
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tommy didn't make much effort to try and get Luke out or help him, imo he left him there to die
    endakenny wrote: »
    Luke was trapped by fallen concrete. Tommy couldn't lift it off.
    All of you have such short memories if Tommy the clown didn't stop for a breather in a smoke filled room Luke would be alive today :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Cathyht wrote: »
    I wasn't sure it was concrete, sort of looked like a bit of mattress/wood. A sad old ending, I didn't like the roaring, that was macabre.
    Slightly unrelated, but puzzling me today, does anyone know why Blackie wasn't in Bracken like most of the rest of the Glenroe cast?

I'd say that having a Traveller in a soap wouldn't have been the done thing at that stage.

Shame that Greyie Connors' wife Peggy Connors and brother Johnny Connors couldn't make the memorial service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tommy didn't make much effort to try and get Luke out or help him, imo he left him there to die

I interpreted that scene as Luke having a big heavy concrete floor from above hit him, if it was anything else he wouldn't have been stuck there. I thought tommy did want to help but recognized he had no time.

Anyway, loving Tommy's leather jacket to go with his new playboy, couldn't care less attitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I wasn't sure it was concrete, sort of looked like a bit of mattress/wood. A sad old ending, I didn't like the roaring, that was macabre.
    Slightly unrelated, but puzzling me today, does anyone know why Blackie wasn't in Bracken like most of the rest of the Glenroe cast?
    I think it was only Dinny and Miley that crossed between the two.

Gabriel Byrne had a brief cameo in one episode of Glenroe.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I think it was only Dinny and Miley that crossed between the two.

Gabriel Byrne had a brief cameo in one episode of Glenroe.

Paddy maher and his sister were the first travelers in glenroe. Paddy maher was the first Dominic in fair city.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Was Judith amazing in bed or something? Did her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard? Never saw what the Dillion's saw in her

Her daughter on the hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I never liked Tommy, always wanted to slap his face! :D

Anyone see Damien's smiley face when Ama announced she wanted a "patty, an engagement patty". He looked like he was having a private joke with Laura and laughing at Ama, ah silly naive little Ama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Her daughter on the hand....

Too much information!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I never liked Tommy, always wanted to slap his face! :D

Anyone see Damien's smiley face when Ama announced she wanted a "patty, an engagement patty". He looked like he was having a private joke with Laura and laughing at Ama, ah silly naive little Ama.

She is very annoying , as is some cast members calling her Alma on occasion . Does anyone else notice this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

desbrook wrote: »
    She is very annoying , as is some cast members calling her Alma on occasion . Does anyone else notice this ?

I've noticed that too. Why didn't the writers just name her Alma in the beginning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Yeah that has been observed in our house. She has a weird little smirk she does when she says something she thinks is very funny or smart. So annoying, can't wait til she finds out about Damien and Caoimhe.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ama has to be one of the best characters in the program for years. From her handbag saga, to being kidnapped by a crazy doctor, fitting into the community very fast and falling in love/getting engaged. Whilst being the best baker in Carraigstown and being Damien's nurse maid.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Yeah that has been observed in our house. She has a weird little smirk she does when she says something she thinks is very funny or smart. So annoying, can't wait til she finds out about Damien and Caoimhe.

I hope she's not holding a cup when she finds out!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I hope she's not holding a cup when she finds out!

Or a Kalashnikov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Leo is Dave Duffy my wife's niece was friendly with one of his children and went to his house where she met dave, she said he carried on the same as Leo :)

just goes to prove how lousy an actor he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

That could actuall be good acting . Lots of us irish can't/won't get a handle on pronouncing foriegn names .
    When there were alot of eastern European lads working on sites in the boom if there name started with a T they would be renamed Tomo or whatever sounded half like there real name

had to laugh at ray googling

don't google if you sick if you do your 99% to be tolled you've cancer

• Advertisement

just watch last night episode poor leo :(

as for paul he didn't the right thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Backpfeifengesicht (German): 'A face badly in need of a fist'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Ama has to be one of the best characters in the program for years. From her handbag saga, to being kidnapped by a crazy doctor, fitting into the community very fast and falling in love/getting engaged. Whilst being the best baker in Carraigstown and being Damien's nurse maid.

Indeed, and shouting that she is a virgin in public in her spare time as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

had to laugh at ray googling

don't google if you sick if you do your 99% to be tolled you've cancer

It's bad enough you have cancer, but you have to pay a toll as well? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

All down to geography.

Dinny and Miley were originally from Slieve Bracken and moved to a new farm in Glenroe.

Pat Barry (Gabriel Byrne) made one or two appearances in Glenroe.
    Some of the Bracken actors made appearances in Glenroe but as different characters e.g. Robert Carrickford [played an English compere in Bracken and Stephen Brennan in Glenroe] and Kate Thompson [was Terry Killeen in Glenroe but someone else in Bracken].

Paddy maher and his sister were the first travelers in glenroe. Paddy maher was the first Dominic in fair city.

Quasi-travellers I think :)

The sister was Nuala who married Des Brennan [who was also re-cast]

The guy who played Paddy Maher also turned in DYING FOR A DRINK [Radharc anti-booze film from 1983] and played the second Seamus McAleer in Fair City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Nlgbbbblth and Sam Thanks. Caught some episodes of Bracken on youtube last night. First time round was so long ago didn't remember much, it was great to get the update.
    So Blackie wasn't the only one to find his way onto FC from Bracken/Glenroe.

Did I see Pete from Fair City in Bracken?

What is Vinnie McCabe doing now that Seamus McAleer is in Spain.

Nlgbbbblth and Sam Thanks. Caught some episodes of Bracken on youtube last night. First time round was so long ago didn't remember much, it was great to get the update.
    So Blackie wasn't the only one to find his way onto FC from Bracken/Glenroe.

Did I see Pete from Fair City in Bracken?

What is Vinnie McCabe doing now that Seamus McAleer is in Spain.

Pete from FC was in Glenroe alright. As the Rev George Black. Not sure if he was in Bracken - would need to check the YT episodes. Don't recall it anyway but it's a while since I watched it.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Quasi-travellers I think :)

The sister was Nuala who married Des Brennan [who was also re-cast]

The guy who played Paddy Maher also turned in DYING FOR A DRINK [Radharc anti-booze film from 1983] and played the second Seamus McAleer in Fair City.
    That's right it was Seamus McAleer, Dominic was the builder in Glenroe and was the first Seamus McAleer in fair city he was going out with Michelle in Glenroe.

• Advertisement

That's right it was Seamus McAleer, Dominic was the builder in Glenroe and was the first Seamus McAleer in fair city he was going out with Michelle in Glenroe.

The first time I saw Isobel Mahon (Michelle) was when she appeared in an episode of Leave It To Mrs O'Brien. Seriously hot - I was about 13 or 14 at the time.

The two priests were played by Pat Daly (used to be in Halls Pictorial Weekly) and some other guy whose name I can't remember. I am pretty sure the actor went onto play Fr Treacy in Glenroe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement