Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    The first time I saw Isobel Mahon (Michelle) was when she appeared in an episode of Leave It To Mrs O'Brien. Seriously hot - I was about 13 or 14 at the time.

The two priests were played by Pat Daly (used to be in Halls Pictorial Weekly) and some other guy whose name I can't remember. I am pretty sure the actor went onto play Fr Treacy in Glenroe.

1158_thumb.jpg
    Her Glenroe husband is after getting old actor Liam Carney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Scaramanga 4

Leo could write a book on all his dealings with the law, First he was wrongly convicted and sent to prison for murdering Billy Meehan, Then he was charged with murdering his wife Lana and now he is yet again facing prison, this time for manslaughter, He should be well used to it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I had a very questionable dream about Tommy the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

mloc123 wrote: »
    Passed Doug this morning.

Hope you washed your hands afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

desbrook wrote: »
    She is very annoying , as is some cast members calling her Alma on occasion . Does anyone else notice this ?

Yes, at least three of the cast members call Ama Alma, including Damien, he makes it sound as if he's only just met her....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Back up to speed now...the scenes of Paul knocking some sense into Leo were done well. Paul is really a good actor although I prefer when he is all smug and menacing rather than being nice :)

What is Paddy going to do next? Turning point for him now I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    All down to geography.

Dinny and Miley were originally from Slieve Bracken and moved to a new farm in Glenroe.

Pat Barry (Gabriel Byrne) made one or two appearances in Glenroe.
    Some of the Bracken actors made appearances in Glenroe but as different characters e.g. Robert Carrickford [played an English compere in Bracken and Stephen Brennan in Glenroe] and Kate Thompson [was Terry Killeen in Glenroe but someone else in Bracken].

Would love to get my hands on a few series of Glenroe...brings back a lot of memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So it is now "love" between Damo and Caomihe or just lust on Damo's part and stupidity for Caoimhe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭claypigeon777

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So it is now "love" between Damo and Caomihe or just lust on Damo's part and stupidity for Caoimhe :P

Is Zumo ever going to find true love?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

http://news.eircom.net/breakingnews/21379987/?view=Standard
    Family and friends of missing actor Gerry McCann have said they are increasingly concerned for his safety.

The 47-year-old was last seen in Stillorgan in Dublin last Thursday morning.

He is described as 5 feet 9 inches tall, of medium build with greyish-blonde hair, and he was wearing a charcoal grey jumper, brown trousers and brown shoes.

Mr McCann has worked on several TV and film productions, including Fair City, such as the Irish feature film 'Life's a Breeze' along with co-star Pat Shortt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I was just about to post that too Enda. He played Paschal's care worker and then came back into FC as a completely different character. I remember someone commenting on here about it at the time. Hope he is found safe and well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-missing-in-dublin-was-actor-on-fair-city-608474.html
    Can anyone remember who this guy was on fair city. Hope he is found safe and well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

sorry.. just seen above post.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't remember him on the show but hope he is found soon alive and well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Gerry McCann initially played the part of Phil (Pascal's carer).

He then turned up a while later as an orderly in the psychiatric ward that Pierce (Cleo's boyfriend) was in.

Hope he's found safely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Vivienne needs to get shot of Grumpyhole. Ray would have been a better bet, even if he is a bit of a hypochondriac.

why is esther going to sue leo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Paddy really needs to lay off the hair dye . Shocking looking head on him tonight, very unnatural, lighter colour he was sporting last week much better.

why is esther going to sue leo ?

The insurance won't pay out and she has lost her office and some slim star supplies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    The insurance won't pay out and she has lost her office and some slim star supplies.

She should have had her own insurances. Leo should tell her to stick her civil action up her jacksie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

What is slim star anyhow?

Esther's diet company,

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Her office consisted of a desk in the strangest shared office set up ever seen.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

why did Judy "Hiyaaawatha" Dillon say to Tommy... it doesnt matter what others think... she was all effing year afraid to be seen with Look, and embarrassed at all her family leaving her, ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Paddy really needs to lay off the hair dye . Shocking looking head on him tonight, very unnatural, lighter colour he was sporting last week much better.

He kinda reminds me of the ould fellas years ago with the byrlcreem caked into their hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Esther's diet company,

There is a few neighbours of hers that can pinch more an inch, they could do with trying it out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Cathyht wrote: »
    Vivienne needs to get shot of Grumpyhole. Ray would have been a better bet, even if he is a bit of a hypochondriac.
    Vivienne needs to get a shot of Grumpyhole Ray.
    That's what I saw at first glance of your post :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Vivienne needs to get a shot of Grumpyhole Ray.
    That's what I saw at first glance of your post :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Poor Ray!! But you see Vivienne's madness in real life too, FC make a great point. Even after Redsers charmfest is obviously over, Vivienne hangs in there when it's obvious he's a cur and Ray is a genuine guy. Carol did the same with Louis when Christy was there for her. Carol is with Christy a lot now, will they be back on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Gerry McCann played the former love of Jo's life. He was working as a Santa Claus in the Community Centre, I think. Anyway, this is a recent photograph of him. Let's keep our eyes peeled.

562917_545127508892814_1277972898_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

VERY frustrated with FC at the moment :( . There appears to be a genuine twist in the whole Paddy getting the sack stuff in that Charlotte probably did it and just blamed Graham to get back at him over the failed romance they had ages ago when he ended up with Rachel . She's also have access to the keys . That's fine and theres loads of possibilities with his rage over the realisation that it was her causing him to lose his job . Great stuff well done IF that's the case .
    BUT that doesn't excuse the fact that a pivotal scene in Fair city was ignored . At some point between Thursday and last night Paddy told Vivienne he has lost his job . She naturally would have asked why . What in the name of God did Paddy say ?? If he lied surely the scene is important and we should have seen it ? If he told her about Graham and assaulting him in the lock up I just can't believe her reaction would be as matter of fact as what we saw in the Community Centre as she flicked through the job pages !! I can only come to the conclusion that the "writers" couldn't write the scene because it simply would not make sense . Nuts !

Edit - just watched the last few mins of last night episode where Viv mentions Graham . All the more reason we should have had a scene where Paddy had to explain himself . Also Charlotte's attitude to her dad having to resign ?? Weird !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement