Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

max life wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

Meant to say she's a really good actress! :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

"I have been screwing around with Caoimhe since before the night of the big fire. I'am just a confused little boy who should not have listened to the 1 eyed trouser snake. It was his fault! Why don't we go for a walk." - One eyed Damian Halpin trying to shift the blame to his best friend!

soaps-fair-city-061013-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

I know the writers have tried to make Ama a likeable character, but I am hard pressed to feel any sympathy for her. It's as if she's too damn nice. I like my characters to have more of an edge, and, IMO her and Damo was never a very believable romance. (Actually, neither is Damo/Caoimhe) On another note, does anyone know if Dearbhla Dillon is ever coming back? As far as I can remember, the Canada trip was meant to be for a year only. And what about Sash? Has she left permanently, too?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

I know the writers have tried to make Ama a likeable character, but I am hard pressed to feel any sympathy for her. It's as if she's too damn nice. I like my characters to have more of an edge, and, IMO her and Damo was never a very believable romance. (Actually, neither is Damo/Caoimhe) On another note, does anyone know if Dearbhla Dillon is ever coming back? As far as I can remember, the Canada trip was meant to be for a year only. And what about Sash? Has she left permanently, too?

I felt sorry for Ama last night. And I thought that moment where she was talking to her mother showed the reality of her being isolated from her loved ones.

That said, I have no idea why she would use a payphone to call
    her mother in Africa. Surely that would cost a fortune?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Caoimhe has actually fallen for someone. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ama could have at least smacked Damo and Caoimhe

Or at the very least a few swipes with her bag :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Randomiser wrote: »

That said, I have no idea why she would use a payphone to call
    her mother in Africa. Surely that would cost a fortune?

She used a callcard, probably an international one which can be bought for cheaper call rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Scaramanga 4

vektarman wrote: »
    She used a callcard, probably an international one which can be bought for cheaper call rates.

But thoes international calling cards can be used on a mobile or landline too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

isn't that one of those famous lines that were never actually said by clint eastwood?

(looks it up)
    yes he never said "punk"

Dirty Harry - "Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya punk?"

Sudden Impact - "Go ahead. Make my day"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

But thoes international calling cards can be used on a mobile or landline too.
    Then Ama deciding to use a payphone will have to remain a mystery..:)

• Advertisement

I must admit I missed wayne and he get did he get sexier :o

ugh hate meave so much even my mother hates her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Looking forward to next week and all the trouble with Paddy and Vivienne. Has to be said, the woman who plays Vivienne is actually a really good actress. And both Zumo and Paddy are very strong too, so I'm looking forward to the fall-out!

Last edited by IsMiseMyself; Today at 15:46. Reason: Left words out!

(guessing the words left out were either:
    Just being ironic, folks, smirk,
    or,
    I really REALLY don't want to be banned :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Lol in real life?! Do you realize what you're saying....that photo is her painted up...looking fake. She actually looks like the plain jane in the soap!! They're not fake teeth like.
    Ah stop, you mean to tell me she is actually as ugly in real life as she is in fair city :rolleyes:

Mod: Week off - breach of charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Anybody else fancy another fire? Only this time it wipes out Damo,Jo,Bella,Cass,Esther,Charlie,Vivienne,tommy,Judy,Caoimhe,Ama,Leo,Wayne and Maebh?Actually make that a nuclear explosion.
    Maybe wipe out Donnybrooke altogether :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Maybe wipe out Donnybrooke altogether :)

I'd never find my way around without the Eiffel Tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So are Damien and caoimhe in love?

So are Damien and caoimhe in love?

I think Caoimhe has begun to fall for him, but not sure if Damian loves her or Ama more. He certainly seems to lust Caoimhe!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

I think Caoimhe has begun to fall for him, but not sure if Damian loves her or Ama more. He certainly seems to lust Caoimhe!

I really wish they had dragged it out more. Its too unrealistic. Caoimhe and Damien have had at best a few encounters. Too soon for either parry to be falling for the other considering they never glanced in each others direction previously. .... Id have liked them to drag it out before Ama finding out. Maybe have Caoimhe go a bit bunny boiler while Ama in throes of wedding prep ..... So much potential. Oh well.

I really wish they had dragged it out more. Its too unrealistic. Caoimhe and Damien have had at best a few encounters. Too soon for either parry to be falling for the other considering they never glanced in each others direction previously. .... Id have liked them to drag it out before Ama finding out. Maybe have Caoimhe go a bit bunny boiler while Ama in throes of wedding prep ..... So much potential. Oh well.

I think going through the near death experience of the fire has bonded them. But even without that, it's possible for people to fall in love who haven't glanced at each other previously.

I wouldn't like to see Caoimhe in bunny boiler mode myself. I found it quite refreshing that she seemed to be genuine for once and not all soapy psycho bitch.

I think going through the near death experience of the fire has bonded them. But even without that, it's possible for people to fall in love who haven't glanced at each other previously.

I wouldn't like to see Caoimhe in bunny boiler mode myself. I found it quite refreshing that she seemed to be genuine for once and not all soapy psycho bitch.

Nah.... Too much of a drastic change in character for my liking. Near death or not. . nope. Not buying it. Not plausible in my mind. Maybe for teenagers but not in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

There was no mention whatsoever of the referendum to abolish the Seanad on Fair City. It would seem that the sex mad, hormone driven residents of Carrickstown are totally apolitical and never vote in any kind of election. I find this very disturbing indeed and raises questions as to whether this is a contributing factor to the democratic deficit afflicting the nation. I contend that a heated argument between say Charlie and Bella on the on the pros and cons of keeping the Seanad would be far more productive than very silly and pointless storylines such as the long running pie contest or indeed the Charlie, Esther and co blue movie blunder. RTE could incorporate topical current affair issues into the script of Fair City and thereby dispense with the need for the nauseating Prime Time and their irritating presenters masquerading as journalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

There was no mention whatsoever of the referendum to abolish the Seanad on Fair City. It would seem that the sex mad, hormone driven residents of Carrickstown are totally apolitical and never vote in any kind of election. I find this very disturbing indeed and raises questions as to whether this is a contributing factor to the democratic deficit afflicting the nation. I contend that a heated argument between say Charlie and Bella on the on the pros and cons of keeping the Seanad would be far more productive than very silly and pointless storylines such as the long running pie contest or indeed the Charlie, Esther and co blue movie blunder. RTE could incorporate topical current affair issues into the script of Fair City and thereby dispense with the need for the nauseating Prime Time and their irritating presenters masquerading as journalists.

Did you not think the bake-off was an allegory for the referendum? Charlie was Enda, the elder statesman who speaks in different voices to different sections of society. Cass was Eamonn Gilmore, desperately persevering long after the point when he wanted to throw up.

Stephen, of course, was Mary Bannoffee.

Nah.... Too much of a drastic change in character for my liking. Near death or not. . nope. Not buying it. Not plausible in my mind. Maybe for teenagers but not in this case.

For me that's rather the point of life or death scenarios, like nearly dying in a fire. Such events can indeed have a profound effect on a person. Hardly teenage, but perfectly human and utterly plausible.

That said, even without the fire, it's still perfectly plausible for two adults to fall in love over the space of a month. Telling a love story over a year would not make it any more credible for me. Love in real life can be so brilliantly unpredictable and surprising, so I don't see why it can't also be in a work of fiction. :)

For me that's rather the point of life or death scenarios, like nearly dying in a fire. Such events can indeed have a profound effect on a person. Hardly teenage, but perfectly human and utterly plausible.

That said, even without the fire, it's still perfectly plausible for two adults to fall in love over the space of a month. Telling a love story over a year would not make it any more credible for me. Love in real life can be so brilliantly unpredictable and surprising, so I don't see why it can't also be in a work of fiction. :)

Better agree to disagree....! I'm probably quite cynical!

Anyway my main point was, I do wish they had dragged it out another while before Ama found out.

Then again we have Orla who also just realised she was in love with Wayne before he went on his big adventure with Maeve.
    Very fickle folk all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Did you not think the bake-off was an allegory for the referendum? Charlie was Enda, the elder statesman who speaks in different voices to different sections of society. Cass was Eamonn Gilmore, desperately persevering long after the point when he wanted to throw up.

Stephen, of course, was Mary Bannoffee.

brilliant!!!

I heard he may run for the Carraigstown electoral area in the local elections... for the BUM party (Barmen Unite More)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Stephen approaching big ron status in the cult extra stakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Stephen is quality ...deserves an IFTA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Benjamin Fahy is a frightful blackguard :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

dave1982 wrote: »
    Benjamin Fahy is a frightful blackguard :mad:

He will definitely be the next heroin addict of carraigstown in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that Linda Martin playing Det McCabe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement