Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

misschoo wrote: »
    I wasn't saying she was gullible I was quoting what was said from this post:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tajd
    poor viv
    Stupid Viv you mean.......she was go gullible.

that's me told

sorry :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    "I'll have a pint"

always bugs me

Who the f*ck says that. PINT OF WHAT?

Plenty of customers just ask for a pint in their local, because they are regulars the barman will know what they drink. Nothing at all strange there.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have to give credit to FC and the actor who plays Paddy - Paddy Bishop will go down as one of the most manipulative, cleverest, cunning baddies ever on the show, playing brilliantly by Andrew, up there with Billy Meehan imo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Paddy was going to fag burn Viv's underarms when he told her to kneel and put on hands behind her head :o:p

I'm not a massively big fan of FC but I drop in from time to time.... I like the acting of this story line but when Paddy told Viv to kneel I was out of that channel like a shot.........I had visions of all sorts and all I could feel was her fear.........good acting......I hate the idea that women have that sort of a control freak living under their roof.........

There is another way to live ladies....or gentlemen as the case may be....

http://www.cosc.ie/en/COSC/Pages/WP09000002

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Just seen Keith on Sons of Anarchy :eek:

• Advertisement

I have to give credit to FC and the actor who plays Paddy - Paddy Bishop will go down as one of the most manipulative, cleverest, cunning baddies ever on the show, playing brilliantly by Andrew, up there with Billy Meehan imo

paddy should go to eastenders

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

paddy should go to eastenders

Why FC is way better than it currently

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Tonight's episode not yet up on player.. Wonder what the problem is, usually up by now.

Can't wait to see it!

Why FC is way better than it currently

eastenders needs the help last episode 4 million viewers lol oh dear :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LoicRemy

Why is tonight's episode not on the player ? Should be by now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I bet Vivienne thought her knees would be sore for a different reason when she was squirting on the perfume !
    Good acting out of Paddy . Why did Viv leave the back door option till last when trying to escape ? Instead she went for the other door into the hall where he was already standing WTF Viv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The guy who plays Paddy Bishop is a terrific actor. I've no idea what's due to happen as I've been avoiding the spoilers but I hope Paddy will be in Carrigstown for a good while to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The guy who plays Paddy Bishop is a terrific actor. I've no idea what's due to happen as I've been avoiding the spoilers but I hope Paddy will be in Carrigstown for a good while to come.

Hi all first time posting here, just thought I'd join in on discussion as I'm following fc ATM and have been for quite some time now.
    I completely and totally agree with the post quoted above. RTE should be told they have a teriffic actor there, hope he wins some awards and stays around for a while to come. Tonight's eppisode was kind of difficult for me to watch for personal reasons, I've read some spoilers but no idea what wil actually happen in the end. I think it is fabulous and to be given some credit on behalf of RTE, that they are finally stepping up and covering domestic violence. It is still in some ways a taboo in ireland so fair play to them and the teriffic actors they have doing this storyline at the moment. Only hope that there won't be complaints now or something and they'll have to stop theh storyline, knowing ireland it could happen ;)

when is paddy leaving ?

cas fair city never announce new character or when there leaving lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Andrew Connolly who plays Paddy Bishop is a great actor. I hope he is in FC for a long time too and then in series 5 of Love/Hate. He is the best villain in FC since Billy Meehan (although much more ruthless in many regards I would say).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

afterglow wrote: »
    Only hope that there won't be complaints now or something and they'll have to stop theh storyline, knowing ireland it could happen ;)

This actually happened with the Dominic storyline (he was supposed to rape his girlfriend, Tracy, who also was the victim of Billy Meehan before that!) but instead he just threatened to beat her, hit her maybe once and then committed suicide.

By all means, have a warning that there is adult content in the drama but if you look at Fair City at its best, it always involves violent control freaks like Meehan or Bishop, drug dealers, deranged paranoid individuals, extreme jealousy, and other darker storylines. Likewise, the same sources give us Love/Hate. And you see all the criticism about the cat (actually, the most pampered cat in Ireland and yes still alive!) but good Irish dramas are brave and stand against and do not fear this backlash.

However, if we were to listen to the critics, good Irish drama would not be made. We would still be doing Glenroe with all its innocence and using that format to apply to other types of drama. We would be getting The Big Bow Wow over and over and over in other words! Characters like Nidge, Fran the Man, Billy Meehan and Paddy Bishop (the latter being actually the most evil) are among the most memorable Irish drama ever produced and a million miles away from Dinny and Miley Byrne and their Big Bow Wow caricatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    "I'll have a pint"

always bugs me

Who the f*ck says that. PINT OF WHAT?

It is because of advertising, they can't name the brand.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Vahevala wrote: »
    It is because of advertising, they can't name the brand.

Yep, and you'll often see the actors hands covering the labels also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Very doubtful. The storyline he's involved in would suggest he's on borrowed time. It is a pity because he's the best actor the show has seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

I wonder why Garda Deegan isn't involved in this storyline.

Also I can see Paddy remaining on the show for a good while longer, fair city tend to drag out storylines as ye know anyway, if they do drag it out they better drag it out good and not make us as viewers get bored....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Paddy will be in fair city until he has to go back to LA

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Andrew Connolly who plays Paddy Bishop is a great actor. I hope he is in FC for a long time too and then in series 5 of Love/Hate. He is the best villain in FC since Billy Meehan (although much more ruthless in many regards I would say).

Better than Billy Meehan, IMO. We get to see the impact on a family with Paddy. Not just his wife, but they way he has damaged the lives of his children. Denzo is on the run. Zumo and Decco are thugs with no future. Even Charlotte is pretty dark for a teenager and already attracted to "dangerous" guys like Callum.

It's bad enough what these people do to outsiders, but what goes on behind closed doors is chilling. That's why Paddy is so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Paddy will be in fair city until he has to go back to LA

He has already left and stopped filming. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Vahevala wrote: »
    He has already left and stopped filming. :(

Good, actor was good but Paddy creeped the heck out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Where has Callum gone? It's amazing that Doug's court appearance was heard with in a week and Callum's has been forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

As long as he didn't shoot a cat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Where has Callum gone? It's amazing that Doug's court appearance was heard with in a week and Callum's has been forgotten about.

thats the thing i hate about fair city, characters just disappear for weeks and then reappear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Never thought I'd hear myself say it but the acting in last night's episode was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Talking about various FC badasses over the years, does anybody remember Terrence , who killed Leo's Russian wife Lana ? He was a right evil f****er :eek:

I want to see Mr. Bishop brought to justice, but it don't look like Mrs. Detective Lady will be the one to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

dixiedan wrote: »
    Talking about various FC badasses over the years, does anybody remember Terrence , who killed Leo's Russian wife Lana ? He was a right evil f****er :eek:

I want to see Mr. Bishop brought to justice, but it don't look like Mrs. Detective Lady will be the one to do it.

Oh how i hope Mrs Detective Lady will be the one to get him. I hated the way he was so bloody smug in the questioning room. The way he called her filth and pig was disgusting, I know this is probably the way scumbags behave but I found it hard to watch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement