Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

dixiedan wrote: »
    Mrs. Detective Lady.
    :)
    Reminds me of Lady One Question from Banzai.

http://youtu.be/-y4lk6otdqA

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vahevala wrote: »
    He has already left and stopped filming. :(

I think Paddy will be killed off by one of kids or Viv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I didnt watch it back, but I think Paddy said roast pork, now thats nice of the butcher to roast the pork too, speaking of pork... the detective looked very gaunt last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mykola

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Paddy will be killed off by one of kids or Viv

That would be a bit too much of a rehash of Billy Meehan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

dixiedan wrote: »
    Talking about various FC badasses over the years, does anybody remember Terrence , who killed Leo's Russian wife Lana ? He was a right evil f****er :eek:

Terence was great comedy value. They should have given him his own sitcom :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

In last Sunday's episode, Caoimhe confessed to Judith that she and Damien were intimate with each other at the time of the fire. Unsurprisingly, Judith was disgusted and walked out of Caoimhe's office. Why is that storyline being left up in the air? There's no indication of whether or not Judith moved out of the flat as a result of Caoimhe's confession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

I don't think I can watch poor Vivienne. Why didn't she gather the family up and go to the guards, she's going back in there alone? For real?? My heart can't stand it;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

What really annoys me about the bishops is how the 2 lads are treated like 10 year olds by the writers. Also, why would they have their ma minding their passports. Its a good storyline but c'mon they are 2 rough 30 year olds, not kids.

endakenny wrote: »
    In last Sunday's episode, Caoimhe confessed to Judith that she and Damien were intimate with each other at the time of the fire. Unsurprisingly, Judith was disgusted and walked out of Caoimhe's office. Why is that storyline being left up in the air? There's no indication of whether or not Judith moved out of the flat as a result of Caoimhe's confession.

because this is judiths fortnight off. It would be ridiculous for a storyline to run smoothly. The writers know what they are doing. . . . . . . . . (cough)

Shannon needs a new jumper. Also have you noticed every line she has is a question!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I'm really jealous of Leo's new slick hat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Paddy forgot the meat at the butchers.

Paddy forgot the meat at the butchers.

He probably hadn't enough money after paying off the taxi driver.

'Open a window.' When did the budget stretch to windows that open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jaysus this is rough, she should have glassed him last night instead of going the lethal route of throwing wine over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

One word to Zumo from Viv and he'll floor paddy. Don't get why she doesn't tell him. Tell the detective about what she knows and he's behind bars for years. Not like she hasn't been in this position before!

Cathyht wrote: »
    I don't think I can watch poor Vivienne. Why didn't she gather the family up and go to the guards, she's going back in there alone? For real?? My heart can't stand it;

I wouldn't feel too sorry for her. When Barry was on remand, Viv threatened that, if he revealed that Denzo buried Sarah's body, she would break the promise that she made to herself not to have anything more to do with Paddy, in other words that she'd ensure that Barry's life behind bars would be a living hell. Currently, Barry's doing time for manslaughter (I know this because it was mentioned in an argument between Viv and Niamh after Charlotte and Rachel were caught selling cigarettes).

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    One word to Zumo from Viv and he'll floor paddy. Don't get why she doesn't tell him. Tell the detective about what she knows and he's behind bars for years. Not like she hasn't been in this position before!

Maybe she knows that Zumo would kill Paddy if he found out what Paddy was doing to Viv and, of course, that Zumo would then be jailed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

cant say name of drinks copyright

I don't accept that reason.

They could rotate it [Guinness one week, Carlsberg the next, then Heineken etc]

That way they'd all get a plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Jeez, that is harrowing, brutal stuff and what some women actually suffer. I think the FC team are treating the difficult subject very well - let's hope Paddy gets what's coming to him and Vivienne recovers from this ghastly abuse.

On a lighter note, I can't wait for Orla and Wayne to get together, but seems impossible with Maeve having so much free time on her hands ... thank god she's off to Galway!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

More brilliant scenes tonight. Really powerful and genuinely scary and moving. I was so shocked to see the rips in her cardigan. Poor Viv.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Cathyht wrote: »

Im not sure I can watch this story unfold either tonight was enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Murdoc90 wrote: »

Oh FFS. Clearly the woman is terrified!

It's really, really easy to act rationally and dispassionately when you are not fearing for your life. He told her yesterday that he would kill her and her children if she ever told anybody. It is more than understandable why she is
    keeping quiet.

It's being brilliantly portrayed and is very convincing.

Kids in the room so had to fast forward the paddy Viv scenes. But looked brutal. Fair play to the actors and script writers they've got it spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,005 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

She is a poor actress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Jaysus that was rough enough. Why dosent Viv tell Zumo? He would kill Paddy. All this violence and manipulation, Paddy must be compensating for some other area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I must admit that the actor playing Paddy is pretty good. It's not easy to come across as menacing as he is in a pre-watershed show so fair play to him. Nothing panto-ish about him either, just a bad oul ****.

Randomiser wrote: »

It's really, really easy to act rationally and dispassionately when you are not fearing for your life. He told her yesterday that he would kill her and her children if she ever told anybody. It is more than understandable why she is
    keeping quiet.

Viv has been just as willing to make threats, as I've pointed out in post 5958. So she's not that innocent.

Randomiser wrote: »

keeping quiet.

I get that. But she's been here before,the way she fuffed about waiting for the taxi she should have dragged Charlotte out onto the street where there's people. Very frustrating when you're rooting for someone to get away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

I really wanted to like Paddy, I really did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement