Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

She is a poor actress.
    Anytime I had Fair City on, yeah, she seemed to be one of the main offenders in bad acting stakes.

It's hard to feel for the character here though, even if her bad acting still raises its head at times (found that scene where she was trying to convince her daughter to leave quite cringey).

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

endakenny wrote: »
    Viv has been just as willing to make threats, as I've pointed out in post 5958. So she's not that innocent.

What a crazy post - you think that a woman should be physically beaten by a man because she is guilty of an offence against another, totally unrelated man some years back.... what sort of society do you propose we live in???

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

edelweis wrote: »
    What a crazy post - you think that a woman should be physically beaten by a man because she is guilty of an offence against another, totally unrelated man some years back.... what sort of society do you propose we live in???

I wasn't even going to respond to that disturbing and bizarre post, but as you have Edelweis, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

edelweis wrote: »

I've heard of many real-life cases where some women have been murdered by men they got involved with, men who one would normally not touch with a barge-pole. Wife-beaters are more likely to be found in areas like Tallaght, Moyross or the Travelling community than in educated middle- or upper-class families. The more educated one is, the likely that one is to commit domestic violence.

Randomiser wrote: »
    I wasn't even going to respond to that disturbing and bizarre post, but as you have Edelweis, thank you.

In fairness, Barry's downfall started with Denzo making a false allegation against him. When Barry accidentally killed Sarah, he wouldn't have been able to cover it up on his own. After Viv threatened him.... ah well, what goes around comes around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Have to say the last two episodes have been powerful stuff.

Wouldn't you wonder why Viv went upstairs when ordered, and yet hesitated at the front door?

I suppose we all think we would smash a window, or run out the door, or whatever, and we would root for the abused person to GO, RUN!

But in real life, it seems that DV abusers are so controlling that their targets turn to jelly. Isn't it awful?

But if this storyline empowers just even one woman, it will be good.

The acting was really great. I found myself glued to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Sigourney wrote: »
    'Open a window.' When did the budget stretch to windows that open?

It's a pity she didn't open the window last night and roar her head off.
    Also, I found it a bit implausible that she would hang around for so long waiting for Charlotte to get ready. I mean, she needed to get away fast. She could have read War and Peace from cover to cover by the time Charlotte was ready to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The return of Collie was a pleasant surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

It's a pity she didn't open the window last night and roar her head off...

Apparently the neighbours at the back of RTE don't like loud noises coming from the Fair City mini-lot. I'd say Viv in full bellow would have the council out with their noise measuring equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Two very powerful episodes with two powerful actors. Edge of the seat stuff. I couldn't understand though why Viv was planning to leave with Charlotte and leave her sons behind - YET AGAIN. Imagine how they will react when they find that out. Can't wait for Paddy to get what's coming to him , I find it all too hard to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God that was upsetting

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Another great episode tonight but I found it awful hard to watch at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

Wonderful acting from both Paddy and Viv over the last two nights. It's dreadful to think there are so many people going through that fear and abuse every day, God help them.
    We complain enough about FC, but give credit where credit is due, very well done on this story!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I watched Fair City tonight for the first time in about 10 years simply because my mam misplaced the remote and I wasn't arsed looking for it but I have to be honest, it was tough watching your wan getting a horrible beating with the belt, makes my skin crawl seeing stuff like that. Also, I can't believe your man Leo is still in this show, he's hands down the worst actor I have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

nbar12 wrote: »
    Also, I can't believe your man Leo is still in this show, he's hands down the worst actor I have ever seen

Leo is a legend. Leave him alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

I've heard of many real-life cases where some women have been murdered by men they got involved with, men who one would normally not touch with a barge-pole. Wife-beaters are more likely to be found in areas like Tallaght, Moyross or the Travelling community than in educated middle- or upper-class families. The more educated one is, the likely that one is to commit domestic violence.

The mind boggles - I really hope you're not the Enda Kenny running the country......!!!

everyone a slut according to paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

nbar12 wrote: »
    I can't believe your man Leo is still in this show, he's hands down the worst actor I have ever seen

Nah I think Zach Dillon takes that award. God he is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Guys, Please report any posts you have issues with.

endakenny, you need to stop trolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    I don't accept that reason.

They could rotate it [Guinness one week, Carlsberg the next, then Heineken etc]

That way they'd all get a plug.

are you for real? What difference does it make? It is the same in most dramas, globally. There are other glaringingly obvious script problems that need to be dealt with in fair city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mykola

Viv's plan wasn't very good, That cow charlotte would run back to her father first chance she'd get.

Where was Viv planning on going? And she was going to leave poor Zumo and Deco behind. :eek:

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Guys, Please report any posts you have issues with.

endakenny, you need to stop trolling

Apologies. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I was merely bringing up the wider issue of domestic violence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LoicRemy

Storyline is disgusting but I'm
    Addicted to fair city.
    Is it weird I'm watching it I'm 18 and male

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Where was Viv planning on going? And she was going to leave poor Zumo and Deco behind. :eek:
    Again ! Poor men, they will never learn to trust women

LoicRemy wrote: »
    Storyline is disgusting but I'm
    Addicted to fair city.
    Is it weird I'm watching it I'm 18 and male

Yep, total weirdo. But shur ye could be watching worse things. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ladies, no matter what.....ALWAYS have your "running away money" somewhere handy.

When Paddy took her bank card, I thought, huh, surely you have another, or cash in your bra for emergencies, in a situation like this!

Lesson for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Fair City was trending on Twitter again tonight. This Viv and Paddy story looks to be making quite an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

My heart really went out to poor Viv tonight. Some people on here have been very tough on her unnecessarily. She is a superb actress, and my heart just bled for her.

Her indecision merely stems from a combination of extreme fear, oppression, and a deep desire to keep the family together, unlike Paddy's warped view of a 'normal' family life, although she deep down desperately wants to trust him, hoping he really has changed.

But now knows he hasn't. She is so confused, and seeing her writhing in agony on the bed was absolutely horrible, she has been such a great nurse and demonstrated much compassion to Judith's patients, she does not deserve this.

Viv is a great mum, trying to hold it all together, and juggle it all.

Paddy should be behind bars forever, and however he becomes involved with Collie will be how Det. Mc Cabe will catch up with him and catch him out.

Fantastic acting all round, but would love to have given Charlotte a piece of my mind!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Apologies. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I was merely bringing up the wider issue of domestic violence.

i couldnt think of anything more offensive than generalising such a vicious crime to certain social groups and areas. Anyway, you got in there and brown nosed the mod so you should be ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement