Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mykola

a deep desire to keep the family together, unlike Paddy's warped view of a 'normal' family life,
    Again the sons are 30, in real life they would have their own family and a council house at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Disappointed with Zumo. He has gone from doubting and not trusting Paddy to now completely rowing in behind him. He never said anything even though Paddy was arrested on attempted murder. Pffft

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Mykola wrote: »
    Again the sons are 30, in real life they would have their own family and a council house at this stage.

I didn't think either lad was anywhere near the age of 30. Regardless of that, it's a rather snobby and somewhat daft generalisation to make as loads and loads of adults in their twenties live at home with their parents these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Randomiser wrote: »
    I didn't think either lad was anywhere near the age of 30. Regardless of that, it's a rather snobby and somewhat daft generalisation to make as loads and loads of adults in their twenties live at home with their parents these days.

Oh FGS, let's be non PC and say that the likes of Z and the other fella would defo be housed by the taxpayer with JSA and medical card, And a bus pass, and of course a free pram if they have a nipper! Lolz.

LoicRemy wrote: »
    Storyline is disgusting but I'm
    Addicted to fair city.
    Is it weird I'm watching it I'm 18 and male

Storyline is very real for many women like Viv. Sadly.

• Advertisement

The wardrobe department are really bad, Ben and Charlotte have the same school uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Paddys end must be soon alot is happening in the last week with him. I say maybe 2 weeks left before he leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Once Viv was out of the house, with the Doc, she should have got ALL the 'kids'....
    Not gone back near the house
    Got the Guards, HID. Never to see his mean face again. The danger she put herself into. I haven't got over it.

God, I'm still coming up with solutions. I feel like someone stole my blankie I'm that upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    i couldnt think of anything more offensive than generalising such a vicious crime to certain social groups and areas.
    Anyway, you got in there and brown nosed the mod so you should be ok.
    endakenny received an infraction for his posts - now lets get back to discussing Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Where was Viv planning on going? And she was going to leave poor Zumo and Deco behind. :eek:

Charlotte is her only priority, she left her boys before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

In fairness though, I think Zumo and Decco could easily take care of Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

In fairness though, I think Zumo and Decco could easily take care of Paddy.
    They could if they knew what Paddy was really like.

The problem is that Paddy has done a fantastic job of winning the lads over during his time in the house.

I'd say paddy will start to discipline charlotte Judge William Adams style.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Low life bounder Paddy Bishop seems only to pick on old men, drunks, young boys and women. His kind would run away like the coward he is if an able bodied man said "Boo!" to him. He's always as good a gold in McCoys because he knows that Stephen would give him a darn good trashing and a bunch of fives if he tried anything.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Charlotte is her only priority, she left her boys before

When? Missed a lot of FC this year.

Tks.

bloody meave she such a free sprit :rolleyes:

we don't need to pay the credit card bill

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    They could if they knew what Paddy was really like.

The problem is that Paddy has done a fantastic job of winning the lads over during his time in the house.

That's the problem though. It's fairly obvious that he's never stopped being controlling and domineering (Zumo's reading, giving them all chores to do etc.) yet Zumo in particular seems completely oblivious to this, which is strange because up until a few weeks ago Zumo didn't trust him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

nbar12 wrote: »
    Also, I can't believe your man Leo is still in this show, he's hands down the worst actor I have ever seen

Not only hands down.... hands out, hands in pockets and hands waving around to emphasise a point.

endakenny wrote: »
    In last Sunday's episode, Caoimhe confessed to Judith that she and Damien were intimate with each other at the time of the fire. Unsurprisingly, Judith was disgusted and walked out of Caoimhe's office. Why is that storyline being left up in the air? There's no indication of whether or not Judith moved out of the flat as a result of Caoimhe's confession.

Who cares, Dillions off our screens yippee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

Surely Paddy Bishop must be on the cards for a big fall? I wonder will it be something to do with
    getting involved with the Flynn/Collie gang in a major robbery or something , things going wrong and a car chase /shoot out and Byebye Paddy

• Advertisement

That's the problem though. It's fairly obvious that he's never stopped being controlling and domineering (Zumo's reading, giving them all chores to do etc.) yet Zumo in particular seems completely oblivious to this, which is strange because up until a few weeks ago Zumo didn't trust him at all.

It's probably much easier to see the truth when you watch at a safe and objective distance. When you are the one who is on the receiving end of such manipulation - somebody who is playing psychological mind games - it's much, much harder. That is why Paddy worked so hard to break Zumo down, precisely so he could be under his control.

But let's also remember that Viv has not indicated any problem as yet to Zumo or anybody else, because she has been too scared to.

So what might happen in coming episodes could be that Vivienne somehow finds the courage to tell her kids, or Paddy is caught in the middle of hurting Vivienne, or Paddy is so out of control that it becomes completely unavoidable to not see.

But saying it is strange not to see the truth perhaps misses the point. Whilst they have been on the receiving end of Paddy before, they all believed he was the victim of sexual abuse which explained his bad behaviour. How could anybody with a heart not try to forgive and make allowances for their dad who was seemingly so damaged and now so contrite? Couple this with the genuine happy times they have had recently all being reunited, then you can see how a person might not instantly see what is happening to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tonyclifton

Paddy and vivian fantastic actors pity the writers are burning too thus story way too quick it should been a slow burner to develop the storyline properly and really let us get to know both sides of paddy instead they will climax the story too soon and paddy will be gone.
    Instead of that year of the Dylan saga inflicted on us what a terrible storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Randomiser wrote: »
    It's probably much easier to see the truth when you watch at a safe and objective distance. When you are the one who is on the receiving end of such manipulation - somebody who is playing psychological mind games - it's much, much harder. That is why Paddy worked so hard to break Zumo down, precisely so he could be under his control.

But let's also remember that Viv has not indicated any problem as yet to Zumo or anybody else, because she has been too scared to.

So what might happen in coming episodes could be that Vivienne somehow finds the courage to tell her kids, or Paddy is caught in the middle of hurting Vivienne, or Paddy is so out of control that it becomes completely unavoidable to not see.

But saying it is strange not to see the truth perhaps misses the point. Whilst they have been on the receiving end of Paddy before, they all believed he was the victim of sexual abuse which explained his bad behaviour. How could anybody with a heart not try to forgive and make allowances for their dad who was seemingly so damaged and now so contrite? Couple this with the genuine happy times they have had recently all being reunited, then you can see how a person might not instantly see what is happening to them.

Great post well written!!

When? Missed a lot of FC this year.

Tks.

Before Paddy went to jail he raped and beat Viv so she left on her own (Charlotte is the result of the rape) when her boys were quite young

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

he is no killman hillman

Paddy and vivian fantastic actors pity the writers are burning too thus story way too quick it should been a slow burner to develop the storyline properly and really let us get to know both sides of paddy instead they will climax the story too soon and paddy will be gone.
    Instead of that year of the Dylan saga inflicted on us what a terrible storyline

The Paddy story has been a slow burner. It started months ago, and has gradually built to where we are now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Okay, some good episodes lately, well done to the actors etc.

However, I'm not getting the praise that some are giving the FC writers here, for bringing up a topic that is rarely spoken about. Domestic violence is well covered in soaps in general as far as I am aware and in FC in particular so it's well covered (not that is shouldn't be well covered).

It's almost a default storyline in a lot of soaps, with FC even taking the female on male abuse side of things with the Damo Suzane storyline, which in fairness was the first I had seen of it on a soap (think there has been another storey with the same topic in a UK soap recently)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Its a serious storyline Blanchflower. Could you not just leave the idiotic childish and not funny stephen remarks out of it. What age are you ffs? Wierdo.

Harsh:(. This is a FC thread and Blanchflower can bring her own style of FC posts. I for one find her Stephen comments familiar and comforting. (I need soothing after all the Paddy n Viv aggro)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

First of all blanchflower is a 'he'. Thats your perogative if you like it but i and countless many on this thread find his stephen 'jokes' tiring and nön humorous. And thats fair enough but why try make a joke about domestic violence. I for one think thats wierd.

• Advertisement

How is Maeve jobless ? It's impossible for a school to get rid of a teacher in this country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement