Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mykola

And has Wayne stopped paying back his ma already ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Remember Tracey's husband Dominic? He got violent towards the end of their marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

I've only been watching Fair City since the Lucy saga in 2011 and it's always been pretty light. I've found it so hard to watch the last two nights. :( It's hard to enjoy it when its portrayal of Viv's abuse is so harrowing. I've half a mind to switch off until this story is finished. :(

Mykola wrote: »
    And has Wayne stopped paying back his ma already ?

oh you :pac:

this is fair city

continuity is not fair city strongest points

branie wrote: »
    Remember Tracey's husband Dominic? He got violent towards the end of their marriage.

He died offscreen without much explanation iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Just caught up on the episode now. Jesus Christ. Not a pleasant watch.

I don't remember it being nearly this intense when Suzanne was battering Damien. (Is the implied much worse?) I hope Paddy meets a grizzly end!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Another thing I can't understand is Orla's sudden infatuation with Wayne. She never showed the slightest bit of interest in him for years, and then in the space of about 5 minutes she's become utterly besotted with him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

I never had much regard for Fair City but the acting and intensity in the scenes with Paddy Bishop and Vivian is very good. You know it's good when its genuinely uncomfortable to watch. Fair play to RTE for not watering down the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Another thing I can't understand is Orla's sudden infatuation with Wayne. She never showed the slightest bit of interest in him for years, and then in the space of about 5 minutes she's become utterly besotted with him :rolleyes:

I was puzzled with that too. She didn't know if she liked anyone really and had no real time for Wayne. It was when Jo did a fun quiz with her about soulmates and because they made Wayne fit the quizz, he became The One. 5 minutes at the bar one day. Was that it? Or was there an episode I missed?

Just had an awful thought, she couldn't have had time to be 'careful' with the philanderer, and all the Dillon sexual musical chairs shenanigans. eeeeuwwwwww, off to the SDT clinic with her before she goes near anyone.

PS Blanchflower is a girl, surely??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

my heart went out to Leo, Orla and Viv tonight.

I see Leo as not being able to do right for doing wrong (is that the expression?) putting his foot in it and poor Shannon trying to make sense of it all

Viv, her body language was great tonight, and Paddy plays his part very well too, regardless of script.

Orla, played the "putting on the brave face" very well imo.

all in all I think the FC writers are doing a fairly good job bringing to our screens these subjects of suicide, depression and domestic violence (Damo/Suzanne was a bit far fetched though it does happen) I really hope Leo and Shannon have a nice christmas and get some structure back in their relationship, I also hope that Orla realises the payne molloy infatuation is just a phase, and meets someone worthy, I would really like to see Xavier tie Paddy to a chair in the lockup, humiliate him and take an angle grinder to him, but I want to see Paddy cry from fear first.

...and Stephen's Svetlanas daughter was looking well tonight too (McCoys blonde girl in the white shirt)

and that my FC friends, is that.

• Advertisement

The big hole in the storyline is, All Vivienne has to do is report paddy to the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

The big hole in the storyline is, All Vivienne has to do is report paddy to the Gardai.
    paddy said he would kill her and the kids if she did iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I completely disagree, lots of people put up with domestic violence for years out of fear - fear that if they report it and the Gardaí can't help that they might be in greater danger.

whelan1 wrote: »
    paddy said he would kill her and the kids if she did iirc

Yes but didn't she think he would kill the two sons when she would have left the country with charlotte ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Yes but didn't she think he would kill the two sons when she would have left the country with charlotte ?

I don't think so.

Paddy is some control freak. Its unconstitutional to take ones passport, if I was Vivienne I would go straight to the Gardai. Taking her phone is pointless, sure she still has to go to work?

God I hope Paddy gets locked up. I quite like the way its going, probably the best story line they've had in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

It's nice to see some good acting in FC. Paddy is great as was Connor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

With regard to Paddy and Vivienne, it's shocking to see how someone can be isolated so much even in a house full of people. The storyline is very well portrayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

That is totally weird alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    It's nice to see some good acting in FC. Paddy is great as was Connor.

My favorite treeeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Leo is a legend. Leave him alone!

Yes, every village needs its idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Director - okay everybody Shannon's home coming scene.... Orla would you get into the scene with Carol and Leo and just say the first thing that comes into your head ?...loads of hugs too please .....

Orla - But I have never even been seen talking with Shannon - never mind being her best bud and hugging her !

Director - The stupid viewers will never notice and anyway Val is gone !

Orla : But should Shannon not notice that Val is missing ?

Director - Do you want me to uncancel that bedroom scene with Wayne ?? C'mon !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

missed a few episodes - why did Val leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

It's convoluted...basically, she decided to propose to Christy who refused. Somehow a conversation about this between Christy and Carol was transmitted over PA to everyone at the Taste of Carrigstown festival, if I recall correctly. She was humiliated and felt that she had no choice but to break up with Christy as their relationship was so unequal. She packed her bags and left town in a taxi within a few days, as they love to do in Fair City. It was a rubbish storyline and personally I was glad to see her go - she had zero chemistry with Leo or Christy and was given one atrocious storyline after another. She was a fine comedic actress in Father Ted but did not display the range of emotion necessary for a soap! I do not miss our Val with that big head on her popping up and bobbing over every counter and shelf in Spar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

missed a few episodes - why did Val leave?

Because of a cock up with a mic not being turned off the everyone including Val overheard a private conversation between Christy and Carol . Basically Christy said that Val didn't light his fire the way Carol had back in the day etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

She's a typical woman. Not interested when he's single but as soon as he gets into a relationship,boom. Wants what she can't have. ;-)

Reckon Charlotte is going to be a great actress. She leaves Shannon,Rachel and the younger ones in the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Also Maeve grabbing Wayne from behind the bar to go In the back room. What was Orla at just standing there. If Maeve walked in behind my bar like she owned the place id put her out the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    She's a typical woman. Not interested when he's single but as soon as he gets into a relationship,boom. Wants what she can't have. ;-)

Reckon Charlotte is going to be a great actress. She leaves Shannon,Rachel and the younger ones in the dust.

charlotte? Really? On what basis? In fairness the golf club used to kill Billy would leave most young 'actors' (and old) in the aformentioned dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

For people above questioning how old the Bishops "kids" are supposed to be, Zumo turned 24 on September 20th (not obsessed, just noted that he has the same date of birth as me (as does Corrie's Roy Cropper (+35 years)), I can't imagine Decco is more than one or two years younger. The actors are probably older, but character and actor often has big age differences (going back to Corrie, Gail's actress is only four years younger than her mother's actress)

Amid all the brilliantly acted and disturbing scenes with Paddy and Vivienne (the former of whom Id be more than happy to see get his comeuppance at the hands fists of his two kids adult sons, I'm surprised that noone has pointed out the really out of place extra in Thursday's episode with the loud orange suit and pink shirt, seen a few times most notably when Carol is telling Leo she'll pick up his daughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Why did Viv not go to the cops instead of trying to take her brat to Spain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement