Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Why did Viv not go to the cops instead of trying to take her brat to Spain.

Because he'd deny it, claim that her accusations were that bearded fella putting stories in her head. There was no physical evidence of abuse at that point, and considering how well Paddy's scooted around the guards and got the "kids" on side, he'd get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    She's a typical woman. Not interested when he's single but as soon as he gets into a relationship,boom. Wants what she can't have. ;-)

Reckon Charlotte is going to be a great actress. She leaves Shannon,Rachel and the younger ones in the dust.

Orla had a thing for Wayne for a while, before she could tell him though he had hooked up with Maeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Why didn't Viv just go back to the house earlier and then take taxi to the school and take Charlotte out of class and go straight to airport? Charlotte wouldn't have chance to delay them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I'm so far behind on FC and RnR.. Sky + is full to the brim..

Epic heel turn from PB!!! Just saw him bating the sh*te out of Viv with a belt!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Why didn't Viv just go back to the house earlier and then take taxi to the school and take Charlotte out of class and go straight to airport? Charlotte wouldn't have chance to delay them then.

That would have been too sensible. This is Fair City after all ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

he is no killman hillman

Yep Paddy B is better

I did lol when Paddy asked Viv did she speak to the slut Dr. Dillion :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Really appreciating (won't say enjoying) the scenes with paddy & Viv, but I hope they bring a normal conclusion to the storyline.
    They are depicting domestic violence, which unfortunately for many is a reality. It would be good to show how Viv comes out of it with help from guards, councillors etc.
    Yes, we would all love to see him getting the sh*te kicked out of him and he may get killed by collie or someone else in a botched job, but for many men and women out there being abused this is not how the abuser gets sorted.
    I just think that as they are highlighting it they should show how they can get the help they need and deserve in a situation which is more common than having the abuser knocked off by a gang.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I did lol when Paddy asked Viv did she speak to the slut Dr. Dillion :P

Was there a personal reason he called her that or was it just a general comment on her turning away from her husband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Was there a personal reason he called her that or was it just a general comment on her turning away from her husband?

I'm pretty certain Paddy Bishop is a bit of a misogynist and looks down on all women. Remember the way he talks to the Detective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Jikashi wrote: »
    For people above questioning how old the Bishops "kids" are supposed to be, Zumo turned 24 on September 20th (not obsessed, just noted that he has the same date of birth as me (as does Corrie's Roy Cropper (+35 years)), I can't imagine Decco is more than one or two years younger. The actors are probably older, but character and actor often has big age differences (going back to Corrie, Gail's actress is only four years younger than her mother's actress)

Amid all the brilliantly acted and disturbing scenes with Paddy and Vivienne (the former of whom Id be more than happy to see get his comeuppance at the hands fists of his two kids adult sons, I'm surprised that noone has pointed out the really out of place extra in Thursday's episode with the loud orange suit and pink shirt, seen a few times most notably when Carol is telling Leo she'll pick up his daughter.

I copped the extra thought he looked a little too dapper for Carraigstown.

Also noticed Viv take a cue from the director just before Paddy entered the room she was sitting on the bed and nodded very briefly at the camera - Poor editing call because the scene that followed was harrowing - good acting by both actors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Pretzill wrote: »
    I copped the extra thought he looked a little too dapper for Carraigstown.

Also noticed Viv take a cue from the director just before Paddy entered the room she was sitting on the bed and nodded very briefly at the camera - Poor editing call because the scene that followed was harrowing - good acting by both actors.

He's my uncle. I did notice that he 'started walking' obviously on cue. Has led to much family ridicule and hilarity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I'm a fan of fair city but I don't usually post here.

That Paddy Bishop is one fcuking cùnt. Poor Viv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

amtc wrote: »
    He's my uncle. I did notice that he 'started walking' obviously on cue. Has led to much family ridicule and hilarity

Tell him he did it right he's this weeks stand out extra! :)

wilddarts wrote: »
    I never had much regard for Fair City but the acting and intensity in the scenes with Paddy Bishop and Vivian is very good. You know it's good when its genuinely uncomfortable to watch. Fair play to RTE for not watering down the issue.

And fair play to fair city too for this storyline too.

Me and my mom were talking and she said what is displayed in the paddy bishop and viv storyline is real life. Abuse like that happens in many homes. The abuser may not be as bad or as thuggery as paddy bishop with a criminal history but bad nonetheless. Psychopaths.

Randomiser wrote: »
    Oh FFS. Clearly the woman is terrified!

It's really, really easy to act rationally and dispassionately when you are not fearing for your life. He told her yesterday that he would kill her and her children if she ever told anybody. It is more than understandable why she is
    keeping quiet.

It's being brilliantly portrayed and is very convincing.

And it could be relatively easy for paddy to do that too like burning the house in their sleep and make it out as an accident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LoicRemy

Best quote from last night from paddy after he beat viv. "Go clean yourself up, and open a window" was dying at that.
    As bad as the situation was.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mod Warning:

Stay On Topic

If you've got a problem with a certain post, report it and leave it for the mods to deal with. Don't respond or instigate arguments. Discuss the show, not the other posters.

Off-Topic posts will be deleted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Is that you Paddy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

I earnestly hope that Viv don't become a copper's nark by squealing on Paddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I reckon she'll be the one to murder him, though the long term pay off would be for zumo to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Paddy is a double killer and her ex the teacher who killed a girl and her son buried the body.She should turn lesbian.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tonyclifton

I reckon she'll be the one to murder him, though the long term pay off would be for zumo to do it.

I told you all months ago Zumo will kill paddy in self defense soon he turns his bullying to Zumo
    And nobody believed me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Zumo with a golf club as he tries to rape Vivienne, then he goes off to the army.

I still think Carol was meant to be a prostitute herself at some point. It doesn't look like it from the wikipedia page on her, but I don't know how I could possibly have thought it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Paddy is a double killer and her ex the teacher who killed a girl and her son buried the body.She should turn lesbian.
    with VAL.....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Also Maeve grabbing Wayne from behind the bar to go In the back room. What was Orla at just standing there. If Maeve walked in behind my bar like she owned the place id put her out the door.

Does Yvonne know they are living in the pub yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Just caught up on Thursdays there tonight. What an episode :(

Surely Viv won't be able to hide this from the family? Will she not be still in great pain when they come home. But then this is FC and logical follow on stuff isn't exactly an outstanding feature of the scriptwriters :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

It would be good to see Zumo give someone a right pasting instead of cracking his knuckles and rolling his head around on his neck , it would be especially good to see paddy on the recieving end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

paddy has two facial expressions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Did Paddy have lead in his belt? No way would an ordinary belt cut through clothing :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Did Paddy have lead in his belt? No way would an ordinary belt cut through clothing :eek:

No, that scene was rigorously researched. Eighteen scriptwriters in their shirts, whipping each other with chunky leather belts. You could hear the squeals as far as Booterstown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement