Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Did Paddy have lead in his belt? No way would an ordinary belt cut through clothing :eek:

Its all in the wrist I'd say !
    A mate of mine used to get the belt and he said it would't rip his t shirt but it would cut the skin through the shirt if be got it hard enough

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Jiggers77

Did Paddy have lead in his belt? No way would an ordinary belt cut through clothing :eek:

That Paddy is one menacing dude. Felt sorry for your one Viv! Paddy probably could have done with taking that big belt of his to Zumo years ago. Might not have turned into such a knacker!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Was it the buckle cut the clothes ? :(

Horrific scene. Hopefully some people will get the courage to get out of such nightmare situations

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Lisha wrote: »
    Was it the buckle cut the clothes ? :(

Horrific scene. Hopefully some people will get the courage to get out of such nightmare situations
    Nothing horrific about it because we saw nothing other than Paddy taking of his belt and Viv puking and fake what couldn't possibly be belt marks.

Jiggers77 wrote: »
    That Paddy is one menacing dude. Felt sorry for your one Viv! Paddy probably could have done with taking that big belt of his to Zumo years ago. Might not have turned into such a knacker!
    It would only have bounced off him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Nothing horrific about it because we saw nothing other than Paddy taking of his belt and Viv puking and fake what couldn't possibly be belt marks.

It was still upsetting to watch. It might not have shown beating directly but you still 'know' what is supposed to have happened.

It was still upsetting to watch. It might not have shown beating directly but you still 'know' what is supposed to have happened.
    Yeah exactly what you thought was happening was the horrific part. Plenty women in that situation in real life must be even more horrific for them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Great acting so far...can't wait to see what happens next. FC is on fire (sorry Luke) at the moment. Great television.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I don't think it was suitable for an 8pm timeslot, I think it would have had more of an impact if it was moved to later.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

FC is on fire (sorry Luke) at the moment.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I don't think it was suitable for an 8pm timeslot, I think it would have had more of an impact if it was moved to later.

I disagree. We never actually saw any violence - it was all implied. And it was all the more powerful for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LoicRemy

Dying for it tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

LoicRemy wrote: »
    Dying for it tonight. :)

Caoimhe, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

speaking of being on fire, Hubba is today with the quips :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

No Fair City on Tuesday. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LoicRemy

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    No Fair City on Tuesday. :(

how come

The episode where Paddy gets his comeuppance must be a double.

LoicRemy wrote: »
    how come

Because RTE are c*unts

Presume because of the Ireland v Khazakstan match on RTE 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Paddy Bishop was not always a bad man. He was once a man of God known as Brother Campbell. Methinks he would most likely have administered the holy Sacrament of Extreme Unction to poor Connor just as he drew his terminal breath. This should be taken into account by the judiciary if Viv grasses on him to the Pealers.

Campbell.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Leo's son is gorgeous.

• Advertisement

How the mighty have fallen. I can remember watching this a few years ago and that career woman Orla one was the equivalent of your knob going through a meat mincer.

Now here she is shy and meek chatting up lads in the middle of the day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Some of us are trying to eat dinner here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Jesus should there not be a helpline no. after Vivienne and Paddy eating the faces off each other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

How the mighty have fallen. I can remember watching this a few years ago and that career woman Orla one was the equivalent of your knob going through a meat mincer.

Now here she is shy and meek chatting up lads in the middle of the day

Yeah was going to post the same, that's what happens all those young snobs, when they get older the looks fade and no one wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

She should have married Keith

baldbear wrote: »
    Jesus should there not be a helpline no. after Vivienne and Paddy eating the faces off each other.

That must have been the upsetting scene they warned about at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

baldbear wrote: »

To be fair to Vivienne it was Paddy doing all the eating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

padd b1975 wrote: »
    That must have been the upsetting scene they warned about at the start.

Indeed the kiss was most distressing. :eek: They warned us that some people may find it distressing. RTE obviously believe that others will not find it distressing.

Is the bed that Viv was in supposed to be for her and Paddy? :confused:

The next interview for Dermot and Jo with Emily "I don't want to get involved" Mahon is on Wednesday. Conveniently not Tuesday. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

I don't believe Viv would keep it in. She has so much on Paddy, she could have him locked up for good. She has had plenty of opportunity now. Once Zumo was in the house she would have protection, at least to keep Paddy out till the guards came.

I couldn't believe she'd keep going back in alone, even trying to 'talk' to him when she knew he was a murderer.

It would probably teach people more to see women using their cop on, self preservation and how NOT to walk straight into the dangerous situations, call the guards. The preventative stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement