Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Paddy is a master criminal. He's even knocked out the Fair City website so neither the cops nor his kids know what he's really up to.
    You got to hand it to him - he just thinks of everything. :pac:

They launched a new website last week... This is the new one...

http://www.rte.ie/drama/tv/featured/faircity/

And
    Mondo is indeed back this week!!!
    :eek:
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dean seemed buffed up to me

Michael Sheehan who plays Dean is a professional boxer - pretty sure he left the show in the first place to focus on the boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Cathyht wrote: »
    Leo's son is gorgeous.
    You sound like a woman on heat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

With Paddy asleep following more pills, Vivienne comes clean to Zumo and Decco about the abuse. She reveals the full extent of the horror, telling them that Paddy murdered Connor. Decco and Vivienne persuade a vengeful Zumo to choose working with the Guards over murdering Paddy. Afraid to leave Zumo alone with Paddy, Decco remains at home with him as Zumo goes with Vivienne to the Garda station to make a statement. Soon afterwards, Decco receives a text from Zumo saying the Guards are on the way, but he is unaware that the notification has roused Paddy. Paddy bombards Decco with questions but catches him out as he contradicts himself. Paddy plays along with him and takes an opportune moment to grab him by the neck, ordering him to tell the truth or else he'll break his neck.

Later, D.I. McCabe arrives into Vivienne's bedroom to find a semi-conscious Decco with a wound to his head and she calls an ambulance. Decco comes to and tells her that Paddy has escaped after learning of Vivienne's confession. Decco warns D.I. McCabe that Paddy is going to kill his mother and pleads with her to stop him.

Meanwhile, Mondo confesses to Ray that things have not worked out for him in the UK, and he had to flee as his financial woes were catching up with him after his business failed. He is ashamed for letting Ray down again and is fearful that Kerri-Ann will leave him once she finds out how much of a loser he really is. Ray reassures him that he has his full support.

Elsewhere, Ben plays dirty to get Zoe into trouble, while Wayne makes amends with Dolores but sabotages Orla's date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You sound like a woman on heat :)

You guys comment enough when you see a female you like on there!!:D

Us laydeez have had very little eye candy on FC. If there had been any more like Paddy, :eek: I'd have been off men for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Whoa, gets dark this week...
    Charlotte has a date with Graham, the boy Paddy threatened for the graffiti in the Community Centre. Decco threatens Graham for kissing Charlotte after their date and says it's nothing compared to what Paddy is going to do to him. Decco frog-marches a dolled-up and scantily-dressed Charlotte to Paddy's lock-up. Paddy calls Charlotte a "slut" and says that Decco has to give Graham his retribution beating because he is on parole. Paddy insists that Decco must mark Graham's face, so Decco gets a screwdriver out to do the job, but ultimately can't go through with it. Paddy is disgusted and says that he wishes Decco had been killed in prison.

Back at home later, Paddy again calls Charlotte a "slut" and Decco a "snitch". He berates them aggressively, but falls asleep mid-conversation as Vivienne has slipped him more sleeping pills. Vivienne warns Charlotte to stay out of her father's way and tells Decco to stay in his friend's house.

Meanwhile, Mondo arrives back early with girlfriend Kerri-Ann. Mondo springs it on Ray that he hopes to stay with him for the duration of their trip. He talks Ray into allowing them to use Deegan's room while he is away. Kerri-Ann flatters Ray with beauty treatments. Later, Ray congratulates Mondo about how well he seems to be doing business-wise in the UK, and for having such an attractive and helpful girlfriend.

Elsewhere, Dermot and Jo get to grips with their busy household, while Wayne and Maeve start planning for their upcoming wedding.

----

Charlotte comes home to receive her punishment and is instantly petrified when she realises that she is home alone with Paddy. She insists that she has learned her lesson, but Paddy has a punishment in mind. Soon afterwards, the family arrive in to find Charlotte kneeling on the ground of the kitchen with her hands behind her head, bawling crying. Paddy pushes Decco to tell Charlotte that she is a tramp and orders him down on his knees for being a snitch. He wants Charlotte to parade up and down wearing what she wore on her date and for them all to call her a tramp. Paddy says that Vivienne would rather have aborted her and this is the final straw for Vivienne, who slaps Paddy across the face.

Later, Paddy catches Vivienne putting sleeping tablets in some water, but she covers and says it's to settle her stomach. He makes her promise never to lie to him again and shows no remorse after he beats her black and blue.

Meanwhile, Mondo is impressed by Orla's looks and he bets Wayne that he can get her number. Mondo approaches Orla and tells her that Wayne has bet him to get her number and he offers to split the winnings with her if she agrees to give it to him. Orla is game for a laugh, but as she is in the middle of calling out her number, Kerri-Ann comes in looking for Mondo. She is unimpressed, but Mondo cajoles her into believing that he was drumming up business for her hair and beauty business.

----

With Paddy asleep following more pills, Vivienne comes clean to Zumo and Decco about the abuse. She reveals the full extent of the horror, telling them that Paddy murdered Connor. Decco and Vivienne persuade a vengeful Zumo to choose working with the Guards over murdering Paddy. Afraid to leave Zumo alone with Paddy, Decco remains at home with him as Zumo goes with Vivienne to the Garda station to make a statement. Soon afterwards, Decco receives a text from Zumo saying the Guards are on the way, but he is unaware that the notification has roused Paddy. Paddy bombards Decco with questions but catches him out as he contradicts himself. Paddy plays along with him and takes an opportune moment to grab him by the neck, ordering him to tell the truth or else he'll break his neck.

Later, D.I. McCabe arrives into Vivienne's bedroom to find a semi-conscious Decco with a wound to his head and she calls an ambulance. Decco comes to and tells her that Paddy has escaped after learning of Vivienne's confession. Decco warns D.I. McCabe that Paddy is going to kill his mother and pleads with her to stop him.

Meanwhile, Mondo confesses to Ray that things have not worked out for him in the UK, and he had to flee as his financial woes were catching up with him after his business failed. He is ashamed for letting Ray down again and is fearful that Kerri-Ann will leave him once she finds out how much of a loser he really is. Ray reassures him that he has his full support.

Elsewhere, Ben plays dirty to get Zoe into trouble, while Wayne makes amends with Dolores but sabotages Orla's date.

The guards try to reassure a petrified Vivienne that Paddy has no intention of returning home as he knows how much trouble he is in. Soon afterwards D.I. McCabe has some news - Vivienne's bank card has been used in Birmingham. It seems that Paddy has left the country. As a result, Vivienne tries to believe they are out of danger. She tries to take everyone's minds off the trauma Paddy has caused and she suggests they redecorate as she tries to act as if everything is back to normal.

However, Vivienne is distraught as she realises how damaged her family really is - she tells them they need to forgive themselves otherwise they will let Paddy eat away at their souls. Vivienne insists she is to blame as she brought him into their lives again and trusted him.

Mondo turns the charm on to impress Yvonne
    Meanwhile, Yvonne gives Mondo a job in Vino's. Ray is delighted as Mondo is one step closer to relocating home, but Mondo tells him to hold fire on the celebrations until he has a chance to talk to Kerri- Ann. Mondo attempts to gloss over the truth when Kerri- Ann wonders what will happen to his business interests if they are to stay in Ireland as he proposes. Eventually, he tells her that that he is broke. She is insulted that he thought she was just a gold digger and is happy to move back to Ireland if it's what Mondo wants.

Elsewhere, Wayne decides to tell Maeve about his feelings for Orla, while Dermot and Jo have a tough choice to make about Ben.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You guys comment enough when you see a female you like on there!!:D

Us laydeez have had very little eye candy on FC. If there had been any more like Paddy, :eek: I'd have been off men for life.

True, I cannot deny you that privilege.

must put down pokemon y to post spoilers lol
    Charlotte has a date with Graham, the boy Paddy threatened for the graffiti in the Community Centre. Decco threatens Graham for kissing Charlotte after their date and says it's nothing compared to what Paddy is going to do to him. Decco frogmarches a dolled-up and scantily-dressed Charlotte to Paddy's lock-up. Paddy calls Charlotte a "slut" and says that Decco has to give Graham his retribution beating because he is on parole. Paddy insists that Decco must mark Graham's face, so Decco gets a screwdriver out to do the job, but ultimately can't go through with it. Paddy is disgusted and says that he wishes Decco had been killed in prison.

Back at home later, Paddy again calls Charlotte a "slut" and Decco a "snitch". He berates them aggressively, but falls asleep mid-conversation as Vivienne has slipped him more sleeping pills. Vivienne warns Charlotte to stay out of her father's way and tells Decco to stay in his friend's house.

Meanwhile, Mondo arrives back early with girlfriend Kerri-Ann. Mondo springs it on Ray that he hopes to stay with him for the duration of their trip. He talks Ray into allowing them to use Deegan's room while he is away. Kerri-Ann flatters Ray with beauty treatments. Later, Ray congratulates Mondo about how well he seems to be doing business-wise in the UK, and for having such an attractive and helpful girlfriend.

Elsewhere, Dermot and Jo get to grips with their busy household, while Wayne and Maeve start planning for their upcoming wedding.

Charlotte comes home to receive her punishment and is instantly petrified when she realises that she is home alone with Paddy. She insists that she has learned her lesson, but Paddy has a punishment in mind. Soon afterwards, the family arrive in to find Charlotte kneeling on the ground of the kitchen with her hands behind her head, bawling crying. Paddy pushes Decco to tell Charlotte that she is a tramp and orders him down on his knees for being a snitch. He wants Charlotte to parade up and down wearing what she wore on her date and for them all to call her a tramp. Paddy says that Vivienne would rather have aborted her and this is the final straw for Vivienne, who slaps Paddy across the face.

Later, Paddy catches Vivienne putting sleeping tablets in some water, but she covers and says it's to settle her stomach. He makes her promise never to lie to him again and shows no remorse after he beats her black and blue.

Meanwhile, Mondo is impressed by Orla's looks and he bets Wayne that he can get her number. Mondo approaches Orla and tells her that Wayne has bet him to get her number and he offers to split the winnings with her if she agrees to give it to him. Orla is game for a laugh, but as she is in the middle of calling out her number, Kerri-Ann comes in looking for Mondo. She is unimpressed, but Mondo cajoles her into believing that he was drumming up business for her hair and beauty business.

Elsewhere, Wayne struggles with his feelings for Orla.

With Paddy asleep following more pills, Vivienne comes clean to Zumo and Decco about the abuse. She reveals the full extent of the horror, telling them that Paddy murdered Connor. Decco and Vivienne persuade a vengeful Zumo to choose working with the Guards over murdering Paddy.

Afraid to leave Zumo alone with Paddy, Decco remains at home with him as Zumo goes with Vivienne to the Garda station to make a statement. Soon afterwards, Decco receives a text from Zumo saying the Guards are on the way, but he is unaware that the notification has roused Paddy. Paddy bombards Decco with questions but catches him out as he contradicts himself. Paddy plays along with him and takes an opportune moment to grab him by the neck, ordering him to tell the truth or else he'll break his neck.

The guards try to reassure a petrified Vivienne that Paddy has no intention of returning home as he knows how much trouble he is in. Soon afterwards D.I. McCabe has some news - Vivienne's bank card has been used in Birmingham. It seems that Paddy has left the country. As a result, Vivienne tries to believe they are out of danger. She tries to take everyone's minds off the trauma Paddy has caused and she suggests they redecorate as she tries to act as if everything is back to normal.

However, Vivienne is distraught as she realises how damaged her family really is - she tells them they need to forgive themselves otherwise they will let Paddy eat away at their souls. Vivienne insists she is to blame as she brought him into their lives again and trusted him.

Mondo turns the charm on to impress YvonneMondo turns the charm on to impress Yvonne
    Meanwhile, Yvonne gives Mondo a job in Vino's. Ray is delighted as Mondo is one step closer to relocating home, but Mondo tells him to hold fire on the celebrations until he has a chance to talk to Kerri-Ann. Mondo attempts to gloss over the truth when Kerri-Ann wonders what will happen to his business interests if they are to stay in Ireland as he proposes. Eventually, he tells her that he is broke. She is insulted that he thought she was just a gold digger and is happy to move back to Ireland if it's what Mondo wants.

Elsewhere, Wayne decides to tell Maeve about his feelings for Orla, while Dermot and Jo have a tough choice to make about Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Shur won't Paddy be off galovantin at the John Gilligan party today seeing as he's out. Surely they must be ol' pals like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mykola

Anybody else who has read the spoilers think paddys departure is very anti climax ?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Mykola wrote: »
    Anybody else who has read the spoilers think paddys departure is very anti climax ?

yes...definitely. In fact, I get the impression that the whole storyline was speeded up in the last few episodes and the ending
    with Paddy legging it to the UK was just a copout because the actor has other commitments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

You're assuming that is his departure!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

No FC tonight :(

Feel jetlagged or something without FC, just doesn't feel like Tuesday all day. :( Is it cut out on Tuesdays altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

Feel jetlagged or something without FC, just doesn't feel like Tuesday all day. :( Is it cut out on Tuesdays altogether?

I think it's because of the football on the other side. Drat you RTE. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Seeing as there's none tonight they'll hardly cut the one on bank holiday Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Let the ladies have Dean,according to the Ray Darcy show this morning lads we've a playboy bunny to look forward to this week

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Let the ladies have Dean,according to the Ray Darcy show this morning lads we've a playboy bunny to look forward to this week

Val is back? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

i have to say
    i dont think thats the end of Paddy. I think he's very clever and devious and possibly luring them into a false sense of security

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ms.c wrote: »
    i have to say
    i dont think thats the end of Paddy. I think he's very clever and devious and possibly luring them into a false sense of security
    Definitely think Paddy will get a proper blowout on Halloween or maybe even Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Fair City has a habit of building villains for months and then dropping them in one concluding episode without properly wrapping up the loose ends.
    Lucy, Eddie, that family Ama was working for, then of course there's poor old Barry

• Advertisement

I think paddy will leave next week and be back for a Christmas showdown

Does anyone visit the bauld Barry in jail at all? I haven't heard a mention of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Seeing as we have no FC tonight, maybe someone can oblige me and tell me the story of Barry killing Sarah and ending up in prison. How did it happen? I missed it for several months when that story was running. I can't find much about it online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Jikashi wrote: »
    Fair City has a habit of building villains for months and then dropping them in one concluding episode without properly wrapping up the loose ends.
    Lucy, Eddie, that family Ama was working for, then of course there's poor old Barry

Some of the more vicious villains I remember include Billy Meehan, Marty Halpin and Terence. The former 2 were in it a long time, but Terence was introduced as killer of Leo's wife and an ex drug dealer but got rid of almost immediately. Eddie was the ultimate conman and I wouldn't bet on having seen the last of him! Lucy was more mixed up than bad (likewise, she could make an appearance again). The family Ama worked for may well come into it again (depends). Sylvester Garrigan was one of the kinder villains and came across as half farmer/half drug dealer. He would not last long with Nidge (and no he was nothing like Fran, who could also be called half drug dealer/half farmer for different reasons!!). Anthony Farrell was a bit of a letdown in his recent episodes: once the dashing, devious solicitor but now just a poor pathetic drug addict and not a villain at all (so different to his Billy Meehan and Sylvester Garrigan days!). Mick was another of the kinder villains whose main job was to make things right for whoever he was working for. Zumo and Decco are far more complex and have their very kind and very tough sides. Their father, Paddy, is a totally different story as we know! Perhaps Fair City's strangest villain was Suzanne: the once and future gentle, stable, reliable and good natured Doyle girl suddenly went bad, physically and emotionally abusing Damian and showing her utter contempt and hatred for him. She reverted back to her normal self relatively quickly though. I think they also wanted to introduce Dominic as a very evil character along the lines of Paddy Bishop but the actor did not want this storyline and instead he was killed off.

Some of the more vicious villains I remember include Billy Meehan, Marty Halpin and Terence. The former 2 were in it a long time, but Terence was introduced as killer of Leo's wife and an ex drug dealer but got rid of almost immediately. Eddie was the ultimate conman and I wouldn't bet on having seen the last of him! Lucy was more mixed up than bad (likewise, she could make an appearance again). The family Ama worked for may well come into it again (depends). Sylvester Garrigan was one of the kinder villains and came across as half farmer/half drug dealer. He would not last long with Nidge (and no he was nothing like Fran, who could also be called half drug dealer/half farmer for different reasons!!). Anthony Farrell was a bit of a letdown in his recent episodes: once the dashing, devious solicitor but now just a poor pathetic drug addict and not a villain at all (so different to his Billy Meehan and Sylvester Garrigan days!). Mick was another of the kinder villains whose main job was to make things right for whoever he was working for. Zumo and Decco are far more complex and have their very kind and very tough sides. Their father, Paddy, is a totally different story as we know! Perhaps Fair City's strangest villain was Suzanne: the once and future gentle, stable, reliable and good natured Doyle girl suddenly went bad, physically and emotionally abusing Damian and showing her utter contempt and hatred for him. She reverted back to her normal self relatively quickly though. I think they also wanted to introduce Dominic as a very evil character along the lines of Paddy Bishop but the actor did not want this storyline and instead he was killed off.

Terence had been in fair city before in 1997 and 2002

dipdip wrote: »
    Seeing as we have no FC tonight, maybe someone can oblige me and tell me the story of Barry killing Sarah and ending up in prison. How did it happen? I missed it for several months when that story was running. I can't find much about it online!

He killed her by hitting her nose with the door or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Terence had been in fair city before in 1997 and 2002

I was thinking he was in it before but cannot remember his storylines in those years but I remember him in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

He killed her by hitting her nose with the door or something like that.

Best description ever!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Does anyone visit the bauld Barry in jail at all? I haven't heard a mention of him.

Stephen and Svetlana visit poor old Slappy O'Hanlon in the Joy every month or so and fill him in on the comings and goings in Carrickstown. Stephen smuggled him a nice banoffee pie last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Stephen and Svetlana visit poor old Slappy O'Hanlon in the Joy every month or so and fill him in on the comings and goings in Carrickstown. Stephen smuggled him a nice banoffee pie last month.

Good man yourself Blanch . Keep up the good work :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement