Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

branie wrote: »
    Yvonne really knows how to ruin things

There wasn't much to ruin in fairness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Isn't there a possibility that Paddy is dead now? That's what I thought happened. It would certainly work out well for Vivienne, noone would suspect her since they would have no reason to, they thought she was getting married to him again. Clearly it could be someone from Paddy's past, someone Conor knew etc. Vivienne could say he confessed Conor's murder to her which is partially true if things got heated, talking about the necklace etc. but she might not even have to do that for the sake of the children. She was (quite reasonably) in total fear of her own life and the life of her children, that could easily override any ethical qualms about killing Paddy. That's what I thought happened. He may as well go out like that, no need to ruin the exit of a fine character with a fair city murder scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Well who could have dreamt that it'd be so easy deal with the Paddy Bishop problem. All she has to do now is
    (a)pack her bags once he's in a stupor and head off into the night.
    (b)report him to the cops.
    (c) tell zumo and deco and let them deal with him which would be easier while he's drugged up.

But will she do any of the above or will we have weeks of her slipping him sedatives and flapping around the place in hysterics before he finds out ?

It isn't that easy, when you are in a relationship with domestic abuse, it isn't that simple, remember where is she going to go? she has no money and Paddy has the bank card and phone and took her passport.

It will be her word vs his and she will be afraid of the repercussions and afraid that he will kill her kids. His vows were shocking last night, implying there is no escape from him :eek:

Some people take years to take steps to get out of relationships like this, all I hope is that this storyline will give even one person the strength to get out of a similar situation, then Fair City have done a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

A cunning master criminal like Paddy Bishop would not waste even a second of his precious time hacking into the Fair City website. While working as the mild mannered janitor in the community centre Eddie O' Dwyer gave Paddy some high level computer lessons on hacking into bank accounts and my guess is that he will use these IT skills to clean out Baldy Brennan's bank account of every single cent Genial Paddy Bishop will then buy up the whole of Carrickstown and subjugate the residents to do his will. :cool:

a la Phil Mitchell...that'd be cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

At the risk of planting some disturbing images in your head, can someone remind me how Paddy got his DNA on Conor's body? I can only think of a couple of possibilities, and they all make me glad of the watershed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Haha charlotte is taller than decco, he looks like a little dwarf next to her

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Why does Deco always look as if someone has farted nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Haha charlotte is taller than decco, he looks like a little dwarf next to her

I feel his pain, for I too am vertically challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

coolhull wrote: »
    Why does Deco always look as if someone has farted nearby?

Because he's living with Zumo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The copper topper on Dean is hilarious. He's codding no one with the hair dyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Vahevala wrote: »
    It isn't that easy, when you are in a relationship with domestic abuse, it isn't that simple, remember where is she going to go? she has no money and Paddy has the bank card and phone and took her passport.

It will be her word vs his and she will be afraid of the repercussions and afraid that he will kill her kids. His vows were shocking last night, implying there is no escape from him :eek:

Some people take years to take steps to get out of relationships like this, all I hope is that this storyline will give even one person the strength to get out of a similar situation, then Fair City have done a good job.

I understand that domestic violence is very complex and insidiously chips away at someone sense of self esteem and that over time it leaves someone with a very warped view of themselves,their worth and their options.

However in this situation it's been going on for 2 weeks. Vivienne has a job so she will have money, she is established in a community that would support her and offer her refuge, she could go to Ray or to Judith for starters. She outright owns their home,she has two adult sons who would not be adverse to using any means to protect her. She really does have some options here. She could report Paddy for his confession, get a barring order, take several steps to help herself.

This situation is by no means typical. I have full sympathy for anyone who finds themselves in any abusive situation regardless of what form that abuse might take.However in this situation I think it would be more positive for everyone, including anyone watching who might identify with the situation, that it take a more sane path than her hanging around for longer sedating a would be murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I don't think she owns her home. Wasn't that a house the council gave her mother in law, and she just took it over, I remember them saying something about them having the same name, Mrs Bishop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I don't think she owns her home. Wasn't that a house the council gave her mother in law, and she just took it over, I remember them saying something about them having the same name, Mrs Bishop.

She signed the house over to Viv as far as I recall. Several times they've mentioned "its me ma's house now" etc to Paddy who'll no doubt be looking to get his name on it soon enough.

She signed the house over to Viv as far as I recall. Several times they've mentioned "its me ma's house now" etc to Paddy who'll no doubt be looking to get his name on it soon enough.

Ah ok maybe I'm wrong. I thought it was with council that they changed names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Ah ok maybe I'm wrong. I thought it was with council that they changed names.
    Ah, standard mistake in the Fair City thread - expecting that what happens in FC has any relation to what happens in reality. :pac:

Pushing around that old baby pram must be very lucrative, if she could just sign over a house in Dublin and buy a new one in Spain. Must be in the wrong business here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Does anybody in Carraigstown own a pet? According to statistics 1 in 3 households in Ireland have a dog but I haven't seen as much as a goldfish in Fair City.
    Edit; I have waaay too much time on my hands.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Paddy looked as bald as a coot in that photo :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

vektarman wrote: »
    Does anybody in Carraigstown own a pet? According to statistics 1 in 3 households in Ireland have a dog but I haven't seen as much as a goldfish in Fair City.

Didn't Dermot and Joe have a dog for a week a short time ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Didn't Cass have a dog too ?

• Advertisement

paddy shirtless :) just catching up on rte player

felt so bad for deco :(

he really wants to go straight

just onto Thursday episode now

paddy lines are just brilliant

when I come home I want cold beer in the fridge and dinner on the table

omg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

omg
    He's starting to turn my stomach at this stage.Creepy Fu**er...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

vektarman wrote: »

Stephen has a pet Siberian Hamster which he affectionately refers to as "Basil". He frequently brings Basil with him to McCoys although Orla Kirwan is oblivious to this (as she is to most things). :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some posts have been deleted. Talking about actors appearances is against the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

omg
    Ahh, a man after me own heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

omg
    Ahh, a man after me own heart!