Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Randomiser wrote: »
    That was compelling. My stress levels are through the roof!

Is Paddy Bishop the vilest, nastiest character in the history of any soap? I can't think of one who has ever been scarier and crueller.

But I am so, so ready for him to be bumped off now. Cannot come soon enough!

Bryan Murray that owns the Hungry Pig was another wife beater/child abuser in Brookside, he ended up under the patio.
    He was pretty horrible too.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

I wish they'd hurry up and make sure that the Bishops get help and that Paddy gets what he deserves cos I can't watch anymore of those scenes. The young actress who plays Charlotte was amazing tonight and Viv too, but really, I have to turn away. It's so awful to think that some families really do have to suffer domestic abuse and violence.

Yes, a few proper laughs please from Mondo's bimbo, and a few classic Wayne gaffs - please!!! We need them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭homingbird

I thought it was tonight he was killed as it is on the front of the rte guide are they going to knock another week out of it !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

It's nice to see Zumo's years of Karate lessons came in handy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Cool scene when Paddy looked furious [LIKE A WOLF] then cut to Niamh who looked great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Bryan Murray that owns the Hungry Pig was another wife beater/child abuser in Brookside, he ended up under the patio.
    He was pretty horrible too.

I remember him in Brookside very well. He was brilliant in it. Don't remember him being as scary as Paddy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Randomiser wrote: »
    I remember him in Brookside very well. He was brilliant in it. Don't remember him being as scary as Paddy though.

I have to agree, Paddy is the pits!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Tremendous performances from all the Bishops tonight. So creepy and scary, they all seemed so powerless against that evil b***ard.
    edelweis wrote: »
    Yes, a few proper laughs please from Mondo's bimbo, and a few classic Wayne gaffs - please!!! We need them!
    Love that - Mondo's bimbo - brilliant. I like her though, a bit of a laugh after the scary scenes at the Bishops.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,176 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Is this the same Zumo that floored Paddy a few weeks ago?Pity there's no golf clubs laying around

It's a joke. Zumo never showed fear of Paddy in any scenes and now he's crying like a sissy?

I had to laugh at Wayne comparing Mondo and Caoimhe. Scunthorpe and Spurs. Is this the same girl that has had more c&%k than hot showers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

jos28 wrote: »
    Tremendous performances from all the Bishops tonight. So creepy and scary, they all seemed so powerless against that evil b***ard.

Love that - Mondo's bimbo - brilliant. I like her though, a bit of a laugh after the scary scenes at the Bishops.

Fair City is doing a great job with this storyline. How they can instill fear in the viewer and all that.

Paddy is a pig. Did you hear what he said to Viv about Charlotte - 'should have got rid of her while you had a chance'. Probably relating it to her cancer.

• Advertisement

mondo only back for a week ? :(

mondo bimbo when she going hate her :)

zumo cant cry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Andrew Connolly plays the villain brilliantly. Paddy is one scary mofo. Desperate to see Zumo and Decco beat the tar out of him. He's held his own against kids, women and old people, all that's left is grown men, in the forms of his adult sons, even if he refers to them as children.

Jesus RTE, way to get ahead of yourself and show
    Paddy on the run from the law and returning to Carrigstown straight after a scene in which noone was any the wiser of the abuse and the murder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Mondo: Let's go to McCoys for a pint.
    Wayne: Ermmmm......I'm not sure.
    Mondo: Ah c'mon, I'll even let you pay.
    Wayne: Ok, so.

Classic Wayne.........:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Paddy's mistake is that by the time he got out of prison it was too late to be the kind of father that he wanted to be.

Also, I don't believe his treatment of Charlotte is in even the remotest sense believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Fair City is doing a great job with this storyline. How they can instill fear in the viewer and all that.

Paddy is a pig. Did you hear what he said to Viv about Charlotte - 'should have got rid of her while you had a chance'. Probably relating it to her cancer.

I think she was going to have an abortion. But viv ran away, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Jesus, that was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Paddy's mistake is that by the time he got out of prison it was too late to be the kind of father that he wanted to be.

Also, I don't believe his treatment of Charlotte is in even the remotest sense believable.

I thought that was brilliantly done. Called her home from school, making her think something dramatic had happened to one of her family. Making her kneel (the way my Da did it to me), calling her names and getting others to do the same. The result was that Charlotte was terrified, demoralised and degraded without Paddy laying a finger on her. Jeez I was never a fan of Charlotte but my heart went out to her tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

jos28 wrote: »
    I thought that was brilliantly done. Called her home from school, making her think something dramatic had happened to one of her family. Making her kneel (the way my Da did it to me), calling her names and getting others to do the same. The result was that Charlotte was terrified, demoralised and degraded without Paddy laying a finger on her. Jeez I was never a fan of Charlotte but my heart went out to her tonight.
    It illustrates that psychological abuse can be as/or more damaging than physical abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Zumo: Im not leaving!
    Viv:Bring your sister for some food Zumo
    Zumo:ok :/ ............
    Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

As someone who works with abuse victims, it's likely the scriptwriters did their research on this one. Very believable, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

The way Paddy treated his family in tonight's episode reminded me of a scene from the League of Gentlemen when Pop disowns his son Rich for allowing nine Maverick bars to be stolen from the newsstand!

http://vimeo.com/67721732

I cannot understand why Zumo did not beat the crap out of Paddy for his hideous behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm really disliking Zumo is this storyline :mad: he didn't even try and lamp Paddy, I expected more from him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

dipdip wrote: »
    As someone who works with abuse victims, it's likely the scriptwriters did their research on this one. Very believable, unfortunately.

Still not convinced, it just doesn't seem to fit with his character for me. Especially considering how girls from "tough" families are skanky all the time, I'm not buying it. The worst he would say is "people are going to say you're a slut, my daughter the slut", not just repeatedly call her it.

Maybe Vivienne's concoction caused a personality change as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

agree,diesnt matter how much of a hard man zummo is meant to be,when he seen paddy for what he was tonight,he regressed to zummo the 8 year old boy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    It's nice to see Zumo's years of Karate lessons came in handy. :rolleyes:

He did taekwon do....(just for the record)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

How long is Mondo back for? I like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    He did taekwon do....(just for the record)

Or maybe it was taikwon don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I too was willng Zumo to deck Paddy. But can see that he's brought them all back to a very dark place, like when they were kids. I was expecting Charlotte to stand up to him though and felt his treatment of her really disgusting.

Hope he gets what's coming to him. Hard hitting for soapland this storyline. But close to home for some unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Dhl

Hope Zumo decks him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Still not convinced, it just doesn't seem to fit with his character for me. Especially considering how girls from "tough" families are skanky all the time, I'm not buying it. The worst he would say is "people are going to say you're a slut, my daughter the slut", not just repeatedly call her it.

Maybe Vivienne's concoction caused a personality change as well?

Unfortunately it does seem believable to many! Incl me. He's trying to humiliate her, to teach her the lesson only he, the authoritarian can, so he thinks anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement