Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm really disliking Zumo is this storyline :mad: he didn't even try and lamp Paddy, I expected more from him

Zumo is probably back to being the little child that was beaten by Paddy all those years ago.

To be honest i haven't watched yesterday's episode yet but that's just my thought from what I'm reading here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Judging from the headline, Paddy's exit is going to be unique in soap opera. Apparently he
    gets eaten by a bear

http://bit.ly/19u5GXu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I must admitt i couldnt stop laughing at that rubbish last night,the state of declan kneeling next to the sister and zumo just standing there watching his family being abused,if i was viv the first thing id do is get those 2 lads out of my house and dissown them they are so pathetic its actually funny unfortunatly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Zumo has been quite aggressive and confident in front of Paddy before. His actions last night were a complete U turn; very unbelievable. At one satage he squared right up to Paddy, and then a few seconds later he's crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The arrogant actress who plays Orla was on that 'Midday' show yet again talking about how she took a piss in a bin.

TV3 are using her talking about it as a promo for the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Temaz wrote: »
    The arrogant actress who plays Orla was on that 'Midday' show yet again talking about how she took a piss in a bin.

TV3 are using her talking about it as a promo for the show.

She's a great ambassador for herself. What's this midday show is it more tripe from rte?

Sam Kade wrote: »
    She's a great ambassador for herself. What's this midday show is it more tripe from rte?

A couple of women sitting around a table talking about women stuff. 'Tis on TV3. I sat through two episodes of it on days off and Orla was on it both days and she really sees herself as a big shot.

But someone at TV3 thinks the same seeing as a promo for the show now has her telling a story about how she pissed in a bin in her house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Catching up on Fair City now.

Jenny Dixon (who plays Mondo's girlfriend) was never this bad before. She's actually a reasonably alright actor, but the accent and the acting is kinda woeful. Mondo's coming across kinda terribly too.

And as for Decco and Zumo sitting down and shutting up? I'm conflicted. On the one hand it's believable to an extent, but on the other, if that was my little sister, I'd have gone mad--especially if I was a big lad like Zumo. Felt fairly sorry for Charlotte though! Her acting wasn't half bad! Was a tough watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Catching up on Fair City now.

Jenny Dixon (who plays Mondo's girlfriend) was never this bad before. She's actually a reasonably alright actor, but the accent and the acting is kinda woeful. Mondo's coming across kinda terribly too.

And as for Decco and Zumo sitting down and shutting up? I'm conflicted. On the one hand it's believable to an extent, but on the other, if that was my little sister, I'd have gone mad--especially if I was a big lad like Zumo. Felt fairly sorry for Charlotte though! Her acting wasn't half bad! Was a tough watch.

Remember 2 weeks ago, Paddy was hauled in for questioning over Conor's death by the cops. Last night when their sister on her knees on the floor and Paddy standing over her, they realisied at that stage that never changed and he killed Conor. There's not the lads can do when Paddy was in the state he was in.

Bored of Wayne and the bin pisser having so much screen time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

There is no need to be so crass. We get the message that you dislike the actress. That has nothing to do with FC the soap.

dipdip wrote: »
    There is no need to be so crass. We get the message that you dislike the actress. That has nothing to do with FC the soap.

They are using her talking about pissing in a bin on a national tv station. It's being broadcast for all to see.

She went on national tv and talked about pissing in a bin and you are calling me crass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

A couple of women sitting around a table talking about women stuff. 'Tis on TV3. I sat through two episodes of it on days off and Orla was on it both days and she really sees herself as a big shot.

But someone at TV3 thinks the same seeing as a promo for the show now has her telling a story about how she pissed in a bin in her house.
    Yeah I suppose you hit the big time by being on fair city :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

They are using her talking about pissing in a bin on a national tv station. It's being broadcast for all to see.

She went on national tv and talked about pissing in a bin and you are calling me crass?

Maybe it's your uses of the word piss? Urinate may have been a little better. The word piss is crass. Did Orla/Panel use this word?

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Yeah I suppose you hit the big time by being on fair city :D

After the TV3 ad thats being shown she'll be only known for one thing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Yes I am. You have told us this story four times now. Some of us don't want to hear it. Stop drawing attention to this story, we have heard you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Paddy Bishop punishes his family the only way he knows how...

"Head , Shoulders, Knees and Toes, Knees and Toes...."

r2te.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

walshb wrote: »
    Zumo has been quite aggressive and confident in front of Paddy before. His actions last night were a complete U turn; very unbelievable. At one satage he squared right up to Paddy, and then a few seconds later he's crying.
    I have to agree completely. I actually liked this storyline up until the last couple of episodes. In reality, Zumo would have knocked Paddy out. The fact that he stood back and watched what Paddy did was completely unbelievable. Pathetic writing in my opinion. The writers have ruined what could have been a brilliant storyline. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

max life wrote: »
    I have to agree completely. I actually liked this storyline up until the last couple of episodes. In reality, Zumo would have knocked Paddy out. The fact that he stood back and watched what Paddy did was completely unbelievable. Pathetic writing in my opinion. The writers have ruined what could have been a brilliant storyline. Shame.

Less is more, Paddy dear. Simply not in the same league as Bryan Murray's Trevor Jordache in Brookie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Did mondo actually know wayne before? I dont think they ever met? That blonde one thats meant to be 'comedy' source is annoying me already. Does she have to whisper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

max life wrote: »

I don't believe that Zumo would have automatically knocked Paddy out. Zumo grew up with this threatening, violent, vile bully of a man for years. You never forget that. I have a friend who still physically tenses when she hears a man shout at someone. She still feels like the vulnerable little child who grew up in a violent household.

You're very lucky to find this so unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Zumo is probably back to being the little child that was beaten by Paddy all those years ago.

To be honest i haven't watched yesterday's episode yet but that's just my thought from what I'm reading here.

I have preferred to see Zumo try and punch Paddy and have Paddy beat him badly, obviously they all knew Viv was going to get it bad and they left :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Just checked the dates. As suspected, mondo and wayne molloy never ineracted, shared screen time or have any history of meeting before. Another lazy way storyline by the fair city writers. Even if they had known each other, dont you think the first question wayne should ask is ' so are you safe now or is there still a hit on you'?. . . . . . . . . Next week, Harry turns up from the grave and picks up where he left off with his friendship with zumo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    That blonde one thats meant to be 'comedy' source is annoying me already. Does she have to whisper

She's a beautician, therefore she must be annoyingly kooky. Think of Marilyn in Home & Away, and the blonde one who used to be with your man in Molloy's garage (can't remember either of their names- how ditsy am I?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I have preferred to see Zumo try and punch Paddy and have Paddy beat him badly

Problem there is that Paddy would likely be no match for Zumo if the latter was to really go for him and/or was backed up by Decco. Paddy excels against kids, old people and women, so he has to resort to psychologically breaking these adult men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jikashi wrote: »
    Problem there is that Paddy would likely be no match for Zumo if the latter was to really go for him and/or was backed up by Decco. Paddy excels against kids, old people and women, so he has to resort to psychologically breaking these adult men

Your giving Fair City writers alot of credit if you thought that in depth about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

I'm afraid, I find the bishop storyline very unrealistic , As a nurse viv wound know where to find help for domestic Violence. As for paddy having her bank card, why doesn't she go down to the bank and have an new one issued ? Doesn't decko own a Courier company ? is he ever at work like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They've forgotten zumo at the parade with all his martial arts buddies - surely he could have beaten the crap out of Paddy instead of crying? Makes no sense to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

July Rain wrote: »
    I'm afraid, I find the bishop storyline very unrealistic , As a nurse viv wound know where to find help for domestic Violence. As for paddy having her bank card, why doesn't she go down to the bank and have an new one issued ? Doesn't decko own a Courier company ? is he ever at work like ?

Unfortunately, knowing where to find help for DV isn't enough if you're in a relationship with a psychopath (I know). You often have to bide your time and wait for the right opportunity to "escape". i think the storylne is being potrayed very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I thought the most ridiculous part was when they left their mother alone with the clearly crazed and angry once murderer they knew had stabbed and raped her in the past while they all went off to the chipper.

It was rather obvious they weren't leaving them together to discuss things over a cup of tea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement