Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Temaz wrote: »
    She went on national tv and talked about pissing in a bin and you are calling me crass?

You can tell us, Temaz. Was it your bin? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Bishop story is really getting surreal at the moment. I can't understand how Zumo didn't lay into Paddy . I reckon he should be well able for him, given he is supposed to be some kind of a karate expert. As for Decco..great man for threatening the likes of Ray :rolleyes:

And the way they all just walked out , leaving Viv to face the music.

I thought for a minute Paddy was going to turn into a werewolf when he roared and bared his gnashers :eek:

Good acting by Charlotte. I couldn't imagine Rachel or Leo's young wan doing it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,164 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I don't believe that Zumo would have automatically knocked Paddy out. Zumo grew up with this threatening, violent, vile bully of a man for years. You never forget that. I have a friend who still physically tenses when she hears a man shout at someone. She still feels like the vulnerable little child who grew up in a violent household.

You're very lucky to find this so unbelievable.

It's unbelievable when you factor in that Zumo has shown little fear of Paddy since Paddy arrived. He harbors hate for him now. He even smacked him at one stage and showed that he no longer is the little boy. Then last night he goes from squaring up to crying in seconds? Ridiculous, and yes, unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

It must be very disheartening for the actor who plays zumo to think after 5 years, he still hasnt been considered for a story with a girl. Or even a boy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Or even a boy :o

You know it has to happen. Oh please, let it happen :o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

It must be very disheartening for the actor who plays zumo to think after 5 years, he still hasnt been considered for a story with a girl. Or even a boy :o

Seems to be the opposite in real life,fancies himself quite the 'ladiez' man if you follow him on twitter. Bit more sleaze than please I reckon.

walshb wrote: »
    It's unbelievable when you factor in that Zumo has shown little fear of Paddy since Paddy arrived. He harbors hate for him now. He even smacked him at one stage and showed that he no longer is the little boy. Then last night he goes from squaring up to crying in seconds? Ridiculous, and yes, unbelievable.

Not really that ridiculous as someone pointed out yesterday, he reverted back to the little helpless boy he was years ago when it was going on in front of him. You'd be surprised how it can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Zumo should stop running across the street with his hands in his pocket in fact he should walking with his hands in his pockets could be nasty if he fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,164 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Not really that ridiculous as someone pointed out yesterday, he reverted back to the little helpless boy he was years ago when it was going on in front of him. You'd be surprised how it can happen.

I could buy that if Zumo displayed some sort of fear since Paddy's return, even a little fear. He hasn't. He has diplayed hate/disgust and the wanting to beat the daylights out of his father. Usual FC story writing. It makes very little sense a lot of the time.

Even Zumo slagging Decco for not disfiguring Graham painted Zumo as a right low life scumbag. He showed Decco no support at all. That says that he supported Paddy in wanting Decco to disfigue Graham. It's all over the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,730 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder which Bishop offspring will now become more violent and abusive and a bully like their dad

I hope Eileen and Denzo return for Paddy's funeral

• Advertisement

Zumo reminds me of a slug. All he does is slouch around, eat and leave a mess. Before paddy was invited back in, i used to laugh at how a significant amount of scenes would commence with vivienne walking around the corner, or into the shop, bar, or hungry pig followed by zumo 2 steps behind. The scene would not need zumos presence but he was still there. I would hate to see a 'home and away' style reversal of his character traits (ie bad guy turns good guy ) but he is becoming very boring. Unless he makes a significant impact in this paddy storyline, you would have to think fair city's "writers" (ahem...) are wasting his character a bit. I do believe his portrayal in the front room was realistic. Zumo does act the hard man a lot but he seemed to be in a bit of shock with paddys behaviour which was very psychologically intimidating.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

I do believe his portrayal in the front room was realistic. Zumo does act the hard man a lot but he seemed to be in a bit of shock with paddys behaviour which was very psychologically intimidating.

It's probably worth remembering also that Zumo is totally unaware that Paddy has been beating Viv. Yes, clearly the scenes were fcuked up scary and Paddy was angry and yelling, but he was not violent. Indeed, the only person who was violent was Vivienne who slapped Paddy and Paddy did not respond in kind. The family also know that Paddy has 'anger issues' and was getting counselling for that. I also felt that they were so stunned by what was happening that they didn't know how to react.

And, from Zumo's perspective, all that was happening in those scenes was Paddy trying to discipline the kids - trying to do the right thing but in a really dangerous and OTT way. Now, Zumo DID stand up to Paddy in that scene, but he was calmed down, and given nobody raised a fist it is understandable why Zumo felt able to leave Viv alone with Paddy.

And we have seen a softer side to Zumo before (think he was sitting on Charlie Kelly's knee a few times eating werther's originals learning his ABC's) so he's not a complete cold hard bastid like his da.

the writers make him out to be all front but show also that he does have a soft side. Writers could have done it a bit better without it looking like Zumo has split personality. Ready to fight one minute the next in tears. But you get what they're trying to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I thought the most ridiculous part was when they left their mother alone with the clearly crazed and angry once murderer they knew had stabbed and raped her in the past while they all went off to the chipper.

It was rather obvious they weren't leaving them together to discuss things over a cup of tea.

The storyline has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

In all honesty I really wanted to like Paddy, when he first turned up I really did think that he was just trying to make up for all the years he was in prison and not with his children. At one stage everything seemed to fall into place with the bishops. Paddy even seemed to try his best working at the community centre and giving his kids a hand if they needed it (Zumo and the reading) controling his anger nearly? When the truth came out about Connor, Paddy felt as if the situation was getting out of his control, the psychopathy started to show then, the story line is s bit surreal for me, it has advanced to quickly, and as others pointed out not so believable.

Zed Bank wrote: »
    In all honesty I really wanted to like Paddy, when he first turned up I really did think that he was just trying to make up for all the years he was in prison and not with his children. At one stage everything seemed to fall into place with the bishops. Paddy even seemed to try his best working at the community centre and giving his kids a hand if they needed it (Zumo and the reading) controling his anger nearly? When the truth came out about Connor, Paddy felt as if the situation was getting out of his control, the psychopathy started to show then, the story line is s bit surreal for me, it has advanced to quickly, and as others pointed out not so believable.

Well except we did see back in the summer he was a psychopath when he lied he was abused to win his family over and killed his best mate to keep the secret. It's hardly a surprise it has unravelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭8mv

Bloody RTE just showed an ad for the latest RTE Guide with a major spoiler on the cover. You might argue that is is not an unexpected development in the story, but still.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

When Emily was assessing whether or not Dermot and Joe were fit to foster again, Ben was agitating for Zoe to be brought back. So why is Ben doing the dirty on Zoe?

Wouldn't you think she could have got some roofies from her sons, rather than use up her stash of nicked sleeping pills?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Paddy's not a pretty picture in bed........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

great bank in carrickstown ,Loan approval for Pauls house in a couple of hours

Now that Paul has bought the Dillons' former home, there's no indication of whether or not Tommy is still in Carrigstown. Presumably, Judith is still the GP. Where's Caoimhe?

<Mod snip>

Busy up there, I'd say.

Is this blonde one meant to be comedic???? That whispering she does is really irritating beyond belief.

For an accountant at the height of tax season Dermot has a lot of time on his hands. I know accountants doing 16 hour days at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

endakenny wrote: »
    Now that Paul has bought the Dillons' former home, there's no indication of whether or not Tommy is still in Carrigstown. Presumably, Judith is still the GP. Where's Caoimhe?
    Caoimhe was in last nights episode briefly, she has her own apartment now.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Caoimhe was in last nights episode briefly, she has her own apartment now.

Thanks for that. I've been avoiding the show because of the domestic violence. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

I've been affected by mondo's woman's voice.

That episode was disappointing tonight. It lacked a lot of the tension of recent ones and seemed strangely unemotional, considering what was supposed to be happening. It's like they missed out loads of bits to go to the other stories which were not as good. I certainly could have done without all that stuff with Ben and the photo. Still, I like Mondo being back and his dizzy girl seemed to be a bit less nervous tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Decco was on the receiving end of my sympathies tonight.
    This is a young man, who has made every genuine attempt to turn his back on crime by going 'legit'. However, he must once more overcome in adulthood the same very obstacle that caused his demise as a teen-his Father. Decco's self-rehabilitation has been so admirable.
    He could not even look Graham in the eye the other night, when Paddy was trying to get him to beat the lard of Graham, his recovery from a life of crime and the likes of Collie and Flynn well behind him.
    To see him cower having received, no doubt one hell of a beating from his 'loving' father was both upsetting, and there was a real and tangible vulnerability so well-acted by David O' Sullivan. Well done.
    Zumo, Viv and the Detective... Absolutely Fab, and loving the show!
    Wayne... if you want her.. go get her. Stop playing silly mind-games!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement