Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Wayne will be posting a bill very soon through you know who's letterbox :eek:

I hope he remembers to use an envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I hope he remembers to use an envelope.
    :D:D:D

was fair city sponered ws 7-up last night ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

was fair city sponered ws 7-up last night ?

Heh heh I saw that too. It's always got product placement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

Where is ama gone ? Is damo not worried that she could have gone back to Dr McCormac ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

July Rain wrote: »
    Where is ama gone ? Is damo not worried that she could have gone back to Dr McCormac ?

She got her bag and she went.

The point of product placement is that it's supposed to be subtle. This doesn't apply to the Fair City people. I mean, who puts a bottle of 7-Up on the breakfast table? :D

I remember a few years back, everybody in McCoy's was drinking Miller beer and the only beermats in the pub were Miller beermats :rolleyes:

The point of product placement is that it's supposed to be subtle. This doesn't apply to the Fair City people. I mean, who puts a bottle of 7-Up on the breakfast table? :D

I remember a few years back, everybody in McCoy's was drinking Miller beer and the only beermats in the pub were Miller beermats :rolleyes:

apparently mondo does

so ama is gone ? don't remember her leaving

laura said she could stay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Miller is god awful stuff. No wonder Orla was pissing in a bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Temaz wrote: »
    Miller is god awful stuff. No wonder Orla was pissing in a bin.

We get it,she pissed in a bin. It's getting older quicker than the Stephen jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Was there a going-away patty?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

If the Stephen jokes along with the Orla pissing in a bin tale get Stalin'd from the thread then so do the Ama comments.
    'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'

the funny old story about jokes

its funny the first few times , then after that it becomes annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Temaz wrote: »
    If the Stephen jokes along with the Orla pissing in a bin tale get Stalin'd from the thread then so do the Ama comments.

Let's hope so given the ones mocking her accent seem borderline racist to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Considering its not a real accent (she puts it on) - is it still racist? Jesus. Next time I go to New York and the bar lady tries copy my 'brogue' remind me to accuse her of being racist, or when I'm in England and they make fun of me for saying "it's the turd of November"

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

No more slagging Mondos birds accent. I'm highly offended as an irish person. ^_^

Don't think they're being racist towards Ama it's more that it's a terrible put on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Considering its not a real accent (she puts it on) - is it still racist? Jesus. Next time I go to New York and the bar lady tries copy my 'brogue' remind me to accuse her of being racist, or when I'm in England and they make fun of me for saying "it's the turd of November"

So you fink the English will make fun of you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Calling all Stephenites....Calling all Stephenites......believers in the one true Stephen......ignore d'unbelievers....doubting Thomases the whole bally lot of them... our day will come....eventually....Permission to shout "Bravo" at an annoyingly loud volume :p

Cheers!

984310_542647525776899_2079859915_n.jpg

Paddy Bishop (Andrew Connolly) on UTV now in Murder, she Wrote. 'Tis an Oirish episode, so 'tis. Wake up, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

Is he playing a baddie?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Mondos piece of skirt obviously attended the leo dowling "jazz hands" school of acting. Its like its a separate person contolling her arms

:-) :-)

• Advertisement

millie35 wrote: »
    Is he playing a baddie?

Not sure- the dodgy accents were annoying me, so I switched to watching sickness films on True Movies 1. Check out his imdb profile- there's a pic of him dressed as a lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Obviously, months will pass before Leo stands trial for gross negligence manslaughter. It look like either he'll be convicted by the jury or he'll plead guilty. If he pleas guilty, he might get a suspended sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

endakenny wrote: »
    Obviously, months will pass before Leo stands trial for gross negligence manslaughter. It look like either he'll be convicted by the jury or he'll plead guilty. If he pleas guilty, he might get a suspended sentence.

Or maybe the FC writers are hoping that in a few months the viewers will have forgotten the whole fire thing ever happened, and life in Carrigstown will just move on at its own leisurely pace.
    Already, the topic of the factory fire doesn't even get a mention, and it's like Greyie and even Tommie never existed.
    FC script -writers are able to bring messy scenarios to a conclusion by simply sending the characters involved to a relative in Kilkenny/ Cork for a few weeks, and when they come back, it's like anything that happened before has been consigned to the dustbin of history, never to be mentioned again.... Oh, happy days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 TOMJONESsings

coolhull wrote: »
    Or maybe the FC writers are hoping that in a few months the viewers will have forgotten the whole fire thing ever happened, and life in Carrigstown will just move on at its own leisurely pace.
    Already, the topic of the factory fire doesn't even get a mention, and it's like Greyie and even Tommie never existed.
    FC script -writers are able to bring messy scenarios to a conclusion by simply sending the characters involved to a relative in Kilkenny/ Cork for a few weeks, and when they come back, it's like anything that happened before has been consigned to the dustbin of history, never to be mentioned again.... Oh, happy days!

Agreed. Script writers of FC are very disjointed. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I think the biggest problem with Fair City is that they have a storywriting team rather than just one/two/three writers so at times you can have a different writer writing each episode and sometimes that can make it feel a bit disjointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Vahevala wrote: »
    I think the biggest problem with Fair City is that they have a storywriting team rather than just one/two/three writers so at times you can have a different writer writing each episode and sometimes that can make it feel a bit disjointed.

Not sure if it's that. More detrimental is the need to make the show issue driven rather than character driven . At the moment the only character that they seem to leave alone is Yvonne. However I fear this will change with the imminent storyline :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

desbrook wrote: »
    Not sure if it's that. More detrimental is the need to make the show issue driven rather than character driven . At the moment the only character that they seem to leave alone is Yvonne. However I fear this will change with the imminent storyline :-(

The show and its characters have indeed suffered due to the show's issue driven agenda - the issue of cheating during a cake baking contest has ruined Carol, the issue of falling for somebody who is engaged to be married to somebody else has positively damaged Orla and Wayne beyond repair and the terrible issue of being a bimbo with new addition Kerri-Ann is indeed taking this issue led agenda to the extreme. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Bill1709

Why is everyone convinced that this so called yvonne storyline is definitely occurring? I see no evidence and it makes zero sense that such a story would be released to the public so far in advance. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

No FC tonight :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

yeah, how come?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement