Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

RTE cutbacks apparently - they don't get the ratings on Bank holiday weekends so they don't show it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Crap I was looking forward to seeing what happens with the Bishops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Bill1709

Its hardly "cutbacks" if they never show it on bank holidays. Makes perfect sense considering that audience will be depleted due to people going out. Anyway, with the way they have released the story already via the RTE guide and on ads etc, is there any need to watch it. I really despise the spoiler culture. Ruins storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Bill1709 wrote: »
    Its hardly "cutbacks" if they never show it on bank holidays. Makes perfect sense considering that audience will be depleted due to people going out. Anyway, with the way they have released the story already via the RTE guide and on ads etc, is there any need to watch it. I really despise the spoiler culture. Ruins storylines.

Apologies, that should read 'budgetary constraints' according to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

They reduced the yearly output by 8 this year, I hope next year that figure is not even higher because they are getting less money from the Govt from the budget :(
    The annual payment to RTÉ for the Free TV Licence will be reduced by €5 million.

:(

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    RTE cutbacks apparently - they don't get the ratings on Bank holiday weekends so they don't show it :mad:

oh yeah I forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

i really didn't know any of that

I was hoping they'd show an hour long for Halloween or something :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

ms.c wrote: »
    i really didn't know any of that

I was hoping they'd show an hour long for Halloween or something :(

My dream is for a special hour long Shakespeare type soliloquy with Stephen musing from behind the bar on the cast of characters drowning their sorrows as they enter into McCoys watering hole den of inequity. This would showcase the superior thespian skills of Stephen while simultaneously putting Fair City on the map of worldwide literature.

This episode would finish with Stephen ringing the Bell while uttering the immortal words of ........

"I go, and it is done; the bell invites me.
    Hear it not, Duncan; for it is a knell
    That summons thee to heaven or to hell. "

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

^^^^^

Ah Blanch , would ya ever give it a rest ffs These type of posts are getting ridiculous :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

My dream is for a special hour long Shakespeare type soliloquy with Stephen musing from behind the bar on the cast of characters drowning their sorrows as they enter into McCoys watering hole den of inequity. This would showcase the superior thespian skills of Stephen while simultaneously putting Fair City on the map of worldwide literature.

This episode would finish with Stephen ringing the Bell while uttering the immortal words of ........

"I go, and it is done; the bell invites me.
    Hear it not, Duncan; for it is a knell
    That summons thee to heaven or to hell. "

You remind me of Charlie Haughey, Blanchflower. He didn't believe in the results of polls, either, no matter how obvious.

• Advertisement

Enjoy the stephen "jokes" while you can. Poll looking ominous.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

dixiedan wrote: »
    ^^^^^

Ah Blanch , would ya ever give it a rest ffs These type of posts are getting ridiculous :mad:

Ah dixiedan, if you are so offended by Blanch why, god's sake, oh why, oh why, can't you just press the ignore button and give us all a rest. What will it be next that you cannot discuss on this thread. The fact that people are so incensed by these posts are probably why they continue. This is an internet forum not a creche.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

You beat me to it cofy. I was about to recommend either the ignore function or the simple act of skipping over the posts whose content you dislike, which is what I do when I see posts on here discussing the weight of the actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Enjoy the stephen "jokes" while you can. Poll looking ominous.

will do.

the darkness of halloween falls on Carraigstown, Paddy Bishop lurks, watching every move of his family with evil intention. Stephen, weary after another night of carrying Orla and Payne, wonders about his future as he locks up McCoys.. Walking past Phelans Spar, he notices movement towards Monastary Avenue and debates whether to investigate or get home to Svetlana, his baltic love..

Suddenly he hears a noise, and willing to protect his clientele he stealthly moves towards the Bishops house, like a ninja he approaches and peers into the house...
    seeing the bauld Patrick with his hands around the badgers neck, he leaps into action, laying the smack down on Paddy leaving a stunned Decco Xavier and Charlot to ponder what to do next...... "finish him" said Stephen, coldly like in the street fighter game from years ago, before returning to the cold dark night of Carraigstown, another job done.. Stephen is what Carraigstown needs right now, a thirst quenching, crime stopping, silent hero

Someone has 2 accounts . . . . .

nope, Im not blanche, just another Stephenite fighting for his just cause........ why was there not a poll option of "if you dont like it, ignore the poster" bit like the seanad thing if u ask me

nice_very wrote: »
    the darkness of halloween falls on Carraigstown, Paddy Bishop lurks, watching every move of his family with evil intention. Stephen, weary after another night of carrying Orla and Payne, wonders about his future as he locks up McCoys.. Walking past Phelans Spar, he notices movement towards Monastary Avenue and debates whether to investigate or get home to Svetlana, his baltic love..

Suddenly he hears a noise, and willing to protect his clientele he stealthly moves towards the Bishops house, like a ninja he approaches and peers into the house...
    seeing the bauld Patrick with his hands around the badgers neck, he leaps into action, laying the smack down on Paddy leaving a stunned Decco Xavier and Charlot to ponder what to do next...... "finish him" said Stephen, coldly like in the street fighter game from years ago, before returning to the cold dark night of Carraigstown, another job done.. Stephen is what Carraigstown needs right now, a thirst quenching, crime stopping, silent hero

You should be the chief Script Writer on Fair City Nice_very. :P

You are quite astute in recognizing the super hero capabilities possessed by Stephen and how his martial arts prowess could easily be interwoven into the plot of Fair City to greatly enhance it's entertainment value.

Oh, how i can't wait until 17.57 thursday! Democracy rules!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 TOMJONESsings

Oh, how i can't wait until 17.57 thursday! Democracy rules!

Whats so special about 17.57 on thursday Bill?

The world will be a better place :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 bertbliss

It's Halloween on Thursday so there will be blood flowing in FC?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 roise2000

the results of the stephen poll!

You should be the chief Script Writer on Fair City Nice_very. :P

why thank you Blanchflower, alas I fear this thread will not be the same should references to and possible storylines for the bauld Stephen be banished, akin to Caddle being banished to the smoking aea of McCoys (the street) for her nicotine hit.

However I can confirm to Stephenites and other thread posters/lurkers, I have something up my sleeve for thursdays visit to Carraigstown, should the current poll trend continue. :D

nice_very wrote: »
    However I can confirm to Stephenites and other thread posters/lurkers, I have something up my sleeve for thursdays visit to Carraigstown, should the current poll trend continue. :D

Permission to shout "Bravo" at an annoyingly loud volume :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 bertbliss

Who are the Stephenites?

Are they some kind of religious cult or something?

I finally be able to post spoilers tonight and get my sweet revenge on Jikashi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

I have always defended certain posters here but I think we have to acknowledge the amount of duplicate accounts that have arrived here just to vote. Pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Please report any suspect accounts so they can be checked out - some duplicate accounts have been sitebanned already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement