Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

bertbliss wrote: »
    Who are the Stephenites?

Are they some kind of religious cult or something?

Yes, they worship at the high altar of McCoys hanging on to their leaders every utterance, rumour has it that they will be rescued from the Earths destruction by reenergising their mortal bodies on the tail of a passing comet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Dolores forgives Wayne losing all her cash (nearly a million quid) as he is now engaged to Maeve :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Dolores forgives Wayne losing all her cash (nearly a million quid) as he is now engaged to Maeve :rolleyes:

And all of a sudden, Dolores and Maeve are best friends forever :rolleyes:

Vivienne is exhausted from questioning by D.I. McCabe as her interview continues. D.I. McCabe decides to interview all of the Bishops when they arrive at the station to pick their mother up. Paddy's death gets to Decco as he gives his interview, but he gives nothing away. The Bishops rally around one another, trying to ensure that the murderer is not revealed.

Later, Decco, Zumo and Charlotte return home and brace themselves to enter the house as they are returning to the scene of the crime. Vivienne has been kept in for further questioning and Charlotte is sick with worry. The boys try to reassure her and Decco breaks under the stress of it all as Zumo embraces Charlotte, who is uncontrollably upset.

Meanwhile, Wayne struggles to find the right way and time to break up with Maeve. Oblivious to this, Maeve asks Orla to be her bridesmaid. She agrees, but is embarrassed at being asked at all. Orla insists that she has something urgent for Wayne to do at work as she is having second thoughts about telling Maeve. Orla lies to a broken-hearted Wayne, insisting that she doesn't love him and does not want to talk to him about their relationship ever again.

Elsewhere, Deegan gets an unwelcome surprise when he returns from holiday

.I. McCabe gives Vivienne one last chance to come clean. A shocked Ray defends Vivienne to D.I. McCabe when he finds out that she is one of the Bishops accused of killing Paddy. Ray berates himself for not fighting for Vivienne when he had the chance. Later, Vivienne is released by D.I. McCabe. Decco tries to talk Zumo into attending a service for Paddy, insisting that he needs to be there for his gran's sake. With the brothers at odds, Vivienne enters Monastery Avenue for the first time since she sat with Paddy's dead body.

Vivienne's children are delighted to see her, but are interrupted by Eileen arriving back from Spain. She marches over to Vivienne and demands to know what's happened to her son Paddy…

Meanwhile, Maeve is ecstatic as has secured a cancellation from the registrar's office for a Valentine's Day wedding. Orla feigns excitement and goes with Maeve to discuss arrangements for it, as she is her bridesmaid. Later, Wayne reminds Orla that she said she loved him and insists that he can't pretend they never slept together. Orla lies and insists the intimacy they shared meant nothing to her.

Elsewhere, Leo struggles to adjust to his new tenants

Vivienne is worried that Charlotte will blurt the truth out to a grieving Eileen when she discovers them chatting in the middle of the night. Eileen tells Charlotte that she thinks Vivienne murdered Paddy. A shocked Charlotte tells her that it isn't the truth. Vivienne tries to reassure a distraught Charlotte about how they must stick to their story about Paddy's murder and she comforts her with a steely determination when Charlotte breaks down, unable to cope with to Eileen's questioning. The boys are not happy when Vivienne later insists that Eileen should not be told the truth about Paddy's death. She reveals to them that when Paddy stabbed her previously, Eileen defended Paddy and blamed her for it.

During the funeral, Eileen admits that she could have done more for Vivienne over the years, but Paddy was her baby boy who she would always stand by. Suddenly, Charlotte bursts into the crematorium. She goes to hug her gran as Vivienne tries to comfort her. Eileen comforts a distraught Charlotte and holds her hand, while Zumo - who is standing at the back of the crematorium - is unable to take anymore and leaves.

Meanwhile, Wayne makes a heartfelt plea to Orla to own up to having feelings for him. Orla is aghast and calls Wayne stupid when he proposes to marry her. She is incensed that he thinks he can just break up one engagement and start another one with her. Later, Wayne professes his love for Orla, who gives into her feelings for him and they kiss passionately. Wayne and Orla despair at the thought of breaking Maeve's heart and they realise there is going to be no easy way to break it to her.

Elsewhere, Leo has trouble with his aura.

Charlotte is bullied by school friends in the Hungry Pig, who antagonise her about one of the Bishops killing their dad. Vivienne comforts a traumatised Charlotte, who bursts into the surgery and disturbs an appointment with Kerri-Ann. Charlotte insists that she cannot go back to school. Rachel arrives in pursuit of Charlotte and explains how the Ryan girls were being mean to her.

At the same time, Paul fishes for information from Ray whether John Deegan has said anything about the Bishops. Ray tries to read between the lines as Paul encourages him to visit Vivienne. Bob and Esther are discussing the conflicting story surrounding who was present when Paddy was stabbed. They speculate over what would have driven one of the family to kill him.

Meanwhile, Wayne is still planning to break up with Maeve, but he's unable to do so when she gets the news that her father has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer and he has been given a few months to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I defo think
    Charlotte is the murderer

• Advertisement

I defo think

You're right. It'll be a blatant rip off of the 'Who Shot Mr Burns' storyline from The Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

I defo think

agree with this.
    don't think they will be able to stay quiet either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I think that
    no matter what way the Bishop story line goes (with or without the intervention of Stephen) I am confident that the whistles of Carraigstown will be continued to be wetted by that most charismatic, community aware, award winning banoffi pie maker and pint puller extraordinaire, the one, the only... Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Viv is on Radio 1 now chatting Miriam

I hope
    Eileen
    is back for good

she fits into fair city so well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

:confused:

aura
    the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.

That's Leo right enough :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

dixiedan wrote: »
    aura
    the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.

That's Leo right enough :rolleyes:

I know what
    an aura
    is alright, just such a random character/storyline to be thrown in - then again, this is FC!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

I know what
    an aura
    is alright, just such a random character/storyline to be thrown in - then again, this is FC!

Didn't mean to imply you don't know what
    aura
    is ...just reading the official definition in black and white and thinking about it in
    Leo's
    case made me wonder .. what the FC writers (and I use the term very loosely) are up to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Leo should take his (Toyota Avensis) Aura to Paul Brennan's garage for a service
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Andrew Connolly in The Courier, 1988.

Viv is working overtime today. She's just been on that afternoon programme with Daithi Kerryman and Maura Makeover.

its been a hard slog since thursday, but we are nearly there.. Carraigstown is in sight!! The good thing about the Payne/Orla/Maeve storyline is that much of it should take place in the pub, so Stephen will be able to wow us with his effortless barmanship!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

kerry-anne ,modo's moth. . . . . . . . .is the worst actor iv seen on fair city , absolutely shocking

A V A wrote: »
    kerry-anne ,modo's moth. . . . . . . . .is the worst actor iv seen on fair city , absolutely shocking

She makes Leo look like Daniel Day Lewis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Is she related to leo by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Hooray - Wayne and Orla - together at last - but wait, Orla, why can't she go with it? Poor Orla, after Tommy it's a case of once bitten, twice shy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

There is zero chemistry between Wayne and Orla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Whenever I see herself and Mondo all smiley-wiley, I expect Jedward and Linda Martin to jump out from behind the scenery singing panto songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,152 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Who's Peath?

Callum: "Get out of the car, Peath.":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

MrsD007 wrote: »
    There is zero chemistry between Wayne and Orla.

At least if they get together, he can pick up a nice wedding ring cheap from Hatton goldsmiths.

woo hoo Stephen getting a bit of screen time tonight (and a mention from mondos mot)

Orla "now I know you are used to getting married, on a whim, but not everyone is like you!" - nice one Orla!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Orla is just mad about Wayne's ears. They're just so big and delicious.

• Advertisement

Oh sweet baby jeezus, I wasn't expecting that!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement