Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Wayne with a farmers tan :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Halloween is tomorrow so why was Niamh giving out stuff to Trick or Treaters tonight :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What a let down exit death for Paddy

I called it that Charlotte would be the one who killed him even though he technically did it himself :P

I think most people thought it would be Charlotte......so obvious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rosieboo

ahhh lads lads lads!never mind all this paddy stuff!did no one think to ask how poor ray's finger is??? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

It's a good job Callum didn't decide to take Charlotte up on her offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Fair City now has twice as many murders in the last couple of weeks than season 4 of love hate

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

MJ23 wrote: »
    The funniest part was when he bursted Zumo on the head, and then asked him was he okay.
    He should have told him to kneel down with his hands behind his head.

Worked with Deco last time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Did anyone notice Waynes nipple is nearly in under his oxter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Zed Bank wrote: »
    FC just killed the greatest character in its history (except for orla of course) is anyone else amazed that Paddy didn't lay a finger on Charlotte while she was threatening him with a knife?

Please don't say they killed Leo!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Charlotte got the knife into his stomach about 40 times quicker than he could push it through the photo .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

Thought it was crap and a big let down tbh. Very much a rehash of old storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

moy83 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice Waynes nipple is nearly in under his oxter ?

LOL I did notice that actually. Very peculiar. Feckers wouldn't show Orla's nipples. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    LOL I did notice that actually. Very peculiar. Feckers wouldn't show Orla's nipples. :mad:

Would not want to see hers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Dhl

Great episode with such a bad way to kill paddyy 2 seconds. Him and Zumo should of got in a fight and battered each other would if been much more entertaining.

im telling you were getting a twist tomorrow night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Bill1709

They brushed the callum story under the carpet quickly, didnt they! 2 episodes and its tidied up. I bet you this whole paddy incident will be sorted within a fortnight.

I see Lycra Laura in a role in "what richard did". What an irritating voice the lead role has. It should be called "What richard did loike". Give me a Drumcondra accent anyday. (and im a culchie so im neutral!)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Dhl wrote: »
    Great episode with such a bad way to kill paddyy 2 seconds. Him and Zumo should of got in a fight and battered each other would if been much more entertaining.

That's true, and there could have been some great dialogue between them too - Zumo finally standing up to his Father, "I'm not scared of you anymore, This is for all the years you hurt Ma, Did that hurt? - 'cos I'm only getting started" etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I thought Paddy looked much the better of his week on the lam. Got himself a nice haircut, maybe even a facial, he didn't have the usual greasy look he usually sports. Apart from the murderous crackpot air about him he looked much more respectable. Overall I thought the episode was disturbing and sinister though.

The Orla and Wayne nipple scene did not help things either. I loved how it seemed like she was desperately trying not to look at it, trying to stare out into the middle distance looking concerned but only managed to look dismal and frightened with a gaze that said "must.not.look.at.nipple."

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Skid X wrote: »
    That's true, and there could have been some great dialogue between them too - Zumo finally standing up to his Father, "I'm not scared of you anymore, This is for all the years you hurt Ma, Did that hurt? - 'cos I'm only getting started" etc ...

How did you not get the script-writing gig, Skid?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

I feel sorry for Charlotte :o

So do I. Callum has always treated her like dirt and now she's going to have to live with having killed her da. I think she's a great character. I hope she gets a break in life - stroppy brattish teenager and all, she deserves a bit of the "happy".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Bill1709 wrote: »
    "what richard did".

I thought "What Richard Did" was brilliant. **** happens in D4 too you know, not just in da norsoide.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They must be very flexible that they mamaged to do the dirty deed on the couch, it didn't look like there was much space to move.

Re. What Richard Did, Very overrated film after the reviews i heard. I get the idea, and i like those type of films where dialogue is kept minimal and simple.Adam and Paul and Garage are 2 excellent examples but i felt a sense of frustration at how this story was told. The story was driven by the societal backgrounds of the characters rather than the characters personalities. And thats a risky thing, considering the story itself has such a profound event. Most of the film seemed to be a social study into how young privileged teenagers act which isnt very surprising or anything enlightening or exciting. Most teens act the same, drink, hang out, have sexual encounters ,bond etc, no matter the background. The writers almost anticipated that there would be a focus on this privileged upbringing and put a lot of effort into ensuring it was real. And maybe it was, but i felt the story got slightly neglected and the ending was all too rushed. There was no arc. It was like "tune in for an hour to find out what richard did and then get no sense of closure about what he did"

Apologies mods for going off topic , just had the urge to discuss it.

I think fair city underuses its young actors. I am not saying they are great but many are just there to act as the support roles to older actors. So that when they are thrown in to a scene they overact considerably and are at loss with their identity. Maybe give them some side stories to build their character up a bit. I mean, rachel has been on scxreen how many years and could you really give a detailed character description. This is the same as many of the characters to be honest, where their personalities ebb and flow to suit the storyline. Very few stay consistent, maybe Ray, Leo, Damien, and Pete. Who, lets be honest arent the deepest characters to start with!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I feel sorry for Charlotte :o

I can't feel sorry for her, she has been a cocky little madam for weeks. Even after the first lot of abuse from her Da she was still a cocky going out dressed like that till 11 on a SCHOOL night

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I can't feel sorry for her, she has been a cocky little madam for weeks. Even after the first lot of abuse from her Da she was still a cocky going out dressed like that till 11 on a SCHOOL night

Mid-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Mid-term.

I still would not have been let out till 11 at that age mid term or not

Really? She is circa 17!? Its hardly a godawful hour. Besides should it not be viv you should have the issue with in this regard. What teenager isnt going to push their luck and try get out and about over the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I still would not have been let out till 11 at that age mid term or not

She is 16/17. It is very realistic for parents to leave their children stay out with their friends until 11 especially with it being the mid-term and Halloween. They are teenage discos in my local town that finish at 00:00 and parents have no problem letting their kids go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Zed Bank wrote: »
    FC just killed the greatest character in its history

WRONGGGGGG, I think you will find that tomorrow the bauld Stephen will be behind the taps in McCoys running the place as per usual, while the kirwan/molloy affair continues its debauched sofa-sex sessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Here is a halloween competition with a difference........... Who can guess what Stephen will go as. (bear in mind his tinsel wig episode)

I myself think that, being a man of the world and having enjoyed 10 days in Summer with Svetlana in sun kissed Tenerife (where he metered out advice to up and coming barmen) and, having learned some of the language of his chosen holiday destination, that... the bauld Stephen will simply hang a fork on a bit of string around his neck. Thats very cryptic, answer tomorrow after 1800hrs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement