Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

nice_very wrote: »
    as a factual aside, Paddy is married to Georgie Burgess' wife (in real life)
    Slightly Bonkers from Fortycoats!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Why did Vivienne have the knife in her hand when she answered the door? Thought it went well with her outfit?

i was so sure there would be a twist :( god damm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

The lads were on Todayfm talking about last night

http://www.todayfm.com/player/podcasts/The_KC_Show/The_KC_Show/6147/0/fair_citys_zumo_and_decco

By lads I mean Zumo and Decco.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Warning

We've had lots of reported posts tonight for -

Backseat modding, Breach of Charter (Stephen Jokes and Makey-Uppy stories), Calling out Mods .... the list goes on and on and on.

I realise that tonight has been a traumatic night for some (the poll results and the end of the Stephen jokes/tales) so I haven't issued any warnings or bans but I'm politely asking posters to accept the new rule (re: Stephen) which was democratically arrived at and stop sniping at each other.

• Advertisement

i was so sure there would be a twist :( god damm
    I think the writers missed a great chance for some black humour given the night that's in it.

We could have had Zumo and Decco getting into some 'Weekend At Bernie's' style capers as they tried to get rid of Paddy's body.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

i thought he was going to get the richie aprile treatment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Bill1709

Ha, i love how your one on the show traced the evolution of Denzo from Zumo and Deccos mate -> to their cousin and then finally -> to their brother! I had forgot about that!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I was getting sick of the whole Paddy storyline. Sort of inevitable what happened though. To be honest, FC is alright at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Watched the ''murder'' again on RTE Player tonight. Surely the most silly, engineered manouevre ever to accidentally to fall on a knife.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Why did Vivienne have the knife in her hand when she answered the door? Thought it went well with her outfit?

I answered the front door tonight with a meat cleaver and a candlestick. Maybe Viv was just getting into the spirit of Hallowe'en too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NormaDesmond

Long time thread lurker, first time poster - hello to all!

I felt very let down with the Paddy storyline. The ads for this week gave away a lot as did the blimmin' RTE Guide... but I liked the idea of Charlotte possibly being Paddys killer.

Then last night... I couldn't take it seriously from the minute poor Zumo got a belt of the baseball bat and Paddy then asking if he was OK .... and clearly Paddy is made out of unrefrigerated butter as I've never seen a knife go through something or someone so easily.
    As for the lack of blood on the sofa or in the living room, Zumo and Decco must have called in The Wolf from Pulp Fiction to do a clean up job before McCabe showed up cos it looked cleaner than my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Final Mod Warning:

Stay On Topic
    Do not insult or instigate arguments with other members
    Crude remarks about the appearance of actors or anyone else are not tolerated
    Be civil and respectful
    Do not argue with the moderators
    No backseat moderation - if you are not a moderator, mind your business (report the post, do not reply to it)

Warnings have been handed out as deemed necessary and the thread has been cleared of off-topic posts.

We can't make it much clearer than that. Break the rules again and you will get banned.

There is no need to respond to this post - doing so is going off topic and will result in an infraction.

You may now all return to discussing Fair City

Paddy was a bit of a CONTROL FREAK, wasnt he. . . . . . . . . #justsaying

Heres a funny link which perhaps may explain Binnnjuminnnn's sinister eyes and conniving and spiteful behaviour. A life of solitude and being ordered about may be the reason for his vengefulness

http://m.youtube.com/watch?rl=yes&v=qhoYCtjgi7Y&guid=&client=mv-google&gl=IE&hl=en-GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

I don't think McCabe is a very credible detective. Whatever happened to Myles Byrne and Rory Goff ?

July Rain wrote: »
    I don't think McCabe is a very credible detective. Whatever happened to Myles Byrne and Rory Goff ?
    She was very good when interviewing Paddy about Connor's murder, up to now she has been dim enough when dealing with Viv and the family.....that might change Sunday night though.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

It's funny how all of a sudden decco thought paddy was great, he seemed to have forgotten the beating he got from him last week

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Bill1709 wrote: »
    Heres a funny link which perhaps may explain Binnnjuminnnn's sinister eyes and conniving and spiteful behaviour. A life of solitude and being ordered about may be the reason for his vengefulness

http://m.youtube.com/watch?rl=yes&v=qhoYCtjgi7Y&guid=&client=mv-google&gl=IE&hl=en-GB

oh my god this is so funny :D

so just saw thursdays night episode now

decoo loves his dad now is a bit unbelivable

the acting from viv charolette zumo & decco were really great all round great episode

there should of been a twist where paddy was still alive and someone else would of killed him like in horror movies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Poor Charlotte. And she still doesn't know she can't have kids. Fair play to the actress she's great. Nice write up about her in yesterday's daily mirror too.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Poor Charlotte and she still doesn't know she can't have kids. The actress has been great deserves credit. Nice write up about her in yesterday's mirror too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jynx59

nice_very wrote: »
    as a factual aside, Paddy is married to Georgie Burgess' wife (in real life)

no he's not, he is married to the girl who played Georgie Burgess daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

there should of been a twist where paddy was still alive and someone else would of killed him like in horror movies

Yeah..i thought theyd have left Paddy alone for a while then back for a bumper chrimbo special....think they ended it too soon......
    Maybe too many people "were affected by " the voilence and complained....:P

TBO IMO say what you want about Fair City.its way ahead of Corrie and Emmerdale at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

You're right Tajd, there should have been a twist. Maybe like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction. Now THAT'S a twist (2 mins in)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There were some glaring holes in last nights episode that happily distracted me from what would've been a very disturbing storyline. Thankfully the pall of absurdity buffered me from any emotional reaction.

How was there not a drop of blood out of Paddys body? He's dragged to the kitchen, hes hidden behind the couch, hes propped up on the couch again. No problem,he's not making a mess.
    Clearly his house proud streak was even stronger in death than in life.

Did I hear Zumo tell Deco that they couldn't bury him because burying people was "the Bishop MO, we might as well be telling the guards". So we're now to believe that dozy Zumo mostly seen lumberng back and forth to the shop after his mother and occasionally referencing his lockup of christmas decorations and knock off dvds is a prolific murderer who buries his victims and that this is pretty much common knowledge,even to the guards?

Also Zumo devastated one minute by his fathers death is next minute offering to chop his body up and remove him from the house in pieces. I thought this was ridiculous but WAY ott for an evening soap.

It was like it was written by dehydrated Love Hate writers on magic mushrooms. They didn't even try to have it make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

so just saw thursdays night episode now

decoo loves his dad now is a bit unbelivable

the acting from viv charolette zumo & decco were really great all round great episode

I agree Tajd and with Murdoc90's post - "The actress has been great deserves credit"

Am I one of the very few out there in gogglebox-land who really liked what the crew and writers did last night by devoting an entire episode to the Bishop family? I thought it was intense and I think all the actors who make up the Bishop family are the best actors in Fair City - so there!!!! Please don't hate me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Wonder will Eileen and Dennis make it home for funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Eileen comes home for it and will be back next week.

I know I may be biased but I loved last nights episode and it was one of the best ones of Fair City and most people on my facebook & twitter seemed to love it too so I was a bit shocked when I read the posts here! :eek:

Fair City is really on top form at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

220px-Victor_Mature_-_publicity.JPG

Victor Mature (above), after being rejected for membership in a country club because he was an actor, he cracked, "I'm not an actor — and I've got sixty-four films to prove it!"

........something similar could be said by some of the FC cast! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement