Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

Skid X wrote: »
    That's not accurate - It attracted a good audience but it was a long way from being the second highest rating of the year ...

http://www.thestar.ie/star/killings-boost-tv-shows-ratings-35497/[/QUOTE]

sorry if i was wrong , i believe you though :( i must of read it wrong

all thoose thanks i got were for notting NOTTING I TELL YOU :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Skid X wrote: »
    That's not accurate - It attracted a good audience but it was a long way from being the second highest rating of the year ...

http://www.thestar.ie/star/killings-boost-tv-shows-ratings-35497/[/QUOTE]

sorry if i was wrong , i believe you though :( i must of read it wrong

all thoose thanks i got were for notting NOTTING I TELL YOU :D

Still, 642,000 is a brilliant figure. And well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,139 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What's so unconvincing and unbelievable about it? The knife was stuck in him and he fell backwards clutching it. That's how stabs are normally done on tv. :confused:

You know how Paddy said sorry to Zumo after hitting him and how he said to Vivienne that he would never hurt his kids? Something didn't sit right about that with me. Didn't Paddy threaten something about the kids to Vivienne also?

We obviously watched a different stab scene. He leaned in and Charlotte just stood there. Within seconds he was dead from a wound to the lower stomach. It was so unconvincing.

walshb wrote: »
    We obviously watched a different stab scene. He leaned in and Charlotte just stood there. Within seconds he was dead from a wound to the lower stomach. It was so unconvincing.

it was still better than eastenders that hole death scene was just unbelieveably bad and ee have a huge budget compared to fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

it was still better than eastenders that hole death scene was just unbelieveably bad and ee have a huge budget compared to fair city

ah here, do ye want it to be called "Snuff City" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 KeanoIsALegend

Why would Charlotte be done for Manslaughter..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Bill1709

Randomiser wrote: »
    Fair City has been deadly these past few months and this Bishop storyline will go down in history as one of its greatest. I for one am very proud of our home grown soap and it has been knocking spots off all of the UK ones for a while now.

The usual naysayers on here like nothing better than to pick holes in the show, no matter what. Your Facebook page is a far better reflection of what real people think!

maybe the facebook page is a better reflection of what YOU think. I dont think this site thread has any benefit in criticising fair city and lets be honest, there is a lot of holes to be picked (as with all soap operas). Its drama on low budget and not meant to be a work of brilliance so there are guaranteed "suspensions of reality" and character inconsistencies and poor acting which, in my opinion are good to discuss, if just for a laugh but also sometimes out of frustration.

The pAddy story was good, first in a while and many have acknowledged that here. I dont take fc too seriously but i like this thread and if that makes me not a "fan" like you, i'm deeply disheartened and hurt. .

If you are here just the criticise the thread and its "naysayer" members, my advice is to stay away from us non fans! We stink of negativity!

And mods, this is a discussion of fair city, a defence of this thread and its members so in my reading it is a fair post! Ill be very confused and disapointed to see it removed.

Why would Charlotte be done for Manslaughter..?

if they had called the police there and then, there is no way any jury would convict her of anything but self defence. It is fairly believable that zumo et al were ignorant to this, perhaps enhanced by their shock, grief and panic and logic wasnt kicking in.

Also, at no point did charolette explain to the 2 lads exactly how it happened, simply declaring "i did it" as if she premeditated her action. As opposed to paddy walking into a knife so smoothly like he was a block of dairygold on the kitchen table on a summers day.

I think its clever writing as it will give legs to the story and create suspense but if the writers are anyway intelligent, it will end with charolette admitting to the police so as to prevent vivienne going to prison.

Its very understandable why a mother and 2 brothers would want to protect an already messed up kid going "away" (even if this belief is in ignorance to reality)

• Registered Users Posts: 56,139 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Was Zumo taken to the hospital after his head was nearly taken off by the bat?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

Great few months on FC. Really well acted and gripping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Was Zumo taken to the hospital after his head was nearly taken off by the bat?

Nah, it was a bit like watching the Road Runner cartoon where Wile E. Coyote is whacked on the head with an anvil and gets knocked out, and then two minutes later he's chasing after Road Runner again.

Nah, it was a bit like watching the Road Runner cartoon where Wile E. Coyote is whacked on the head with an anvil and gets knocked out, and then two minutes later he's chasing after Road Runner again.
    :D 'meep meep' ......(or beep beep) :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

We're Zumo and Charlotte SITTING on top of Paddys body in the sofa (without blood stains anywhere?) when the cops came in?

I could replay on the player, but would rather someone who saw it tells me!

It was a great storyline. Not without its faults, but riveting viewing. As someone else said, gives the UK soaps a good run for their money IMV at the mo.

No, Decco brought Paddy's body outside before the ad break -

278588.png

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Mr. G wrote: »
    No, Decco brought Paddy's body outside before the ad break -

278588.png
    I know Paddy was always fairly cold - blooded, but even he could not be chucked around like a rag doll without leaving a trace of blood. The place should have like a abattoir by the time they finished dragging his carcass in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

They had Paddy slouched on a black plastic bag so I am guessing they cleaned up before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Vahevala wrote: »
    They had Paddy slouched on a black plastic bag so I am guessing they cleaned up before that!

yeah reality was dispensed with during the ad breaks. I have to say I was disapointed by the outcome to this storyline. But it seemed badly directed or something making some of the strongest acting performances recently seem awkward and over rehearsed.

I think killings are hard to do in soapland because of the pre watershed etc. But I would've preferred Paddy to be arrested and a tense court scene following it next year because he deserved his comeuppence to be dragged out slowly - ending in him getting life and sharing a cell with the harmonica playing lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Bill1709 wrote: »
    We stink of negativity!

You said it kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Not a massive follower of fair city here but have been watching a lot lately.

Really enjoyed the bishop storyline, far better that the whole judith/tommy/luke saga.

I think it would have far better if chartlotte hadn't actually killed paddy and he came back after a nice spell in hospital, even more madder that before.

They way the episode played out, I kept roaring at the telly for them to call the gardai, I know decco and zumo's history wouldnt be for calling the gardai but surely viv's instinct would have been to call them.

It felt like a cop out escpecially compared to how dragged out the judith/tommy/luke thing went on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Pretzill wrote: »
    yeah reality was dispensed with during the ad breaks. I have to say I was disapointed by the outcome to this storyline. But it seemed badly directed or something making some of the strongest acting performances recently seem awkward and over rehearsed.

I think killings are hard to do in soapland because of the pre watershed etc. But I would've preferred Paddy to be arrested and a tense court scene following it next year because he deserved his comeuppence to be dragged out slowly - ending in him getting life and sharing a cell with the harmonica playing lad.

It would've been a lot more interesting if Zumo or Deco had killed Paddy. That would have meant that they would have had no option but to dispose of his body because both of them have a criminal record, or else face a gruelling murder trial. Even though it might have been a "twist" that Charlotte killed Paddy, it ultimately led the storyline into a cul-de-sac because anybody with half a brain knows that Charlotte would've got off with a plea of self-defence. It pretty much confirms what we already know; that the Fair City writers are a bunch of morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

moy83 wrote: »
    Charlotte got the knife into his stomach about 40 times quicker than he could push it through the photo .

Just caught up on Wednesday and Thurday's episodes, this is just what I needed to see to lighten the mood :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Fairly morbid! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Blackie Connors and Paddy Bishop both dead within 6 weeks or so.
    Who will be next?

Hopefully Bela Doyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

MJ23 wrote: »
    Who will be next?

Hopefully Bela Doyle.

Wayne?

Maeve might go into Basic Instinct mode when she finds out about Orla.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've always wanted them to do a storyline that would take out half the cast - not unlike the Emmerdale plane crash in 1993. An opportunity to get rid of the weak links, bring in a plethora of new characters, and not to mention re-build some of the dated sets. The wallpaper in most of the houses in Carrigstown does my head in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I've always wanted them to do a storyline that would take out half the cast - not unlike the Emmerdale plane crash in 1993. An opportunity to get rid of the weak links, bring in a plethora of new characters, and not to mention re-build some of the dated sets. The wallpaper in most of the houses in Carrigstown does my head in.

Put them all onto a bus on a big road trip somewhere and they're all excited, full of high spirits, (I wouldn't even mind Jo making her noises this once) when they set off. Then we see a clip of a bus that looks a little similar falling off some huge cliff that appears to be taken from an old movie (as opposed to blowing the yearly budget on a cringey pile of crap) and they're all gone and quickly move on.

But who would go in it? Let's see:

Maeve, Orla, Wayne, Jo, Dermot, Damien, Decco, Esther, Judith, Val (just in case), Zach, Pete (not so much annoying, but a pointless character really), Callum, Sean, Bela. Bela's not so bad but there are too many old farts and Bela is about the weakest of them.

I'd have definitely said Charlotte before but I thought her latest performances were good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

MJ23 wrote: »
    Who will be next?

Hopefully Bela Doyle.

He's immortal.

Put them all onto a bus on a big road trip somewhere and they're all excited, full of high spirits, (I wouldn't even mind Jo making her noises this once) when they set off. Then we see a clip of a bus that looks a little similar falling off some huge cliff that appears to be taken from an old movie (as opposed to blowing the yearly budget on a cringey pile of crap) and they're all gone and quickly move on.

But who would go in it? Let's see:

Maeve, Orla, Wayne, Jo, Dermot, Damien, Decco, Esther, Judith, Val (just in case), Zach, Pete (not so much annoying, but a pointless character really), Callum, Sean, Bela. Bela's not so bad but there are too many old farts and Bela is about the weakest of them.

I'd have definitely said Charlotte before but I thought her latest performances were good enough.

might be easier to say who should stay............let's see now...........ah...........mm............cough..........yawn
    oh yeah, bring Neasa back :P

this would never happen. You have to remember who the cast are essentially employed by : RTE. And given the fact that RTE rarely takes the decision to fire employees or "let them go", the onus is on the cast to decide when they want to leave. Natuarally this will result in popular characters who have shown certain acting capabilities that may get them other opportunities taking a chance and departing while the "dead weights" hang around as its a cushy wage.

Obviously this is the same in other soaps also but not as evident. Take corrie for example who are not afraid to get rid of deadweight at the drop of a hat.

They lost an opportunity both with the crazy lucy and the factory fire to lose a few but i dont expect many of the oldies to depart.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Do people like that Kerry Anne wan actually exist?

There are more brain cells in a fly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

Talking of Lucy, I'd love to see her back even for a few episodes. She must feel she has a lot of "unfinished business" ....Wayne, Delores, Pete (especially Pete), Laura and no doubt some others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement