Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Some very good acting from Charlotte this evening.

Jaysus, I nearly shed a tear for Paddy myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

MrsD007 wrote: »

She's been fantastic lately, hasn't she?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Kerry Ann must have some impulse to have her hands close to her face/mouth constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

I agree with you totally. She really is a brilliant young actress - totally believable, she really goes for it, can't be an easy part to play for any young girl. May she go far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Who's looking after the stall in Moore Street? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Taking the Michael :eek: I never heard that before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Zumos near tear scene was inspirational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Fair play to Charlotte for telling the truth. Vivienne The Skunk's lies were annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Charlotte played the part well, she is a good actress, as for Rachel she finally got to use the constant surprised/shocked look she seems to have in every episode.

now for an extra crispy paddy slow cook for 30 minutes at 150 degrees

• Advertisement

to fake cry on screen is very hard while acting I was also impressed

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Taking the Michael :eek: I never heard that before

well the real saying is taking the mickey but people get offended by that my dad told me he said .

mickey is a slang word for cock/penis so I guess that's why

and they didn't want it said on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

well the real saying is taking the mickey but people get offended by that my dad told me he said .

mickey is a slang word for cock/penis so I guess that's why

and they didn't want it said on tv

Yes I've heard taking the Mickey but never Michael

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes I've heard taking the Mickey but never Michael
    ....ah c'mon, are you taking the Mick? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Xavier looks a lot better with the 5 o clock shadow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I really enjoyed one particular scene in tonights epi......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

if im being honest i didnt really like fair city and tried to get into it so many times, and finally over the past 4 or 5 weeks i have gotten into it and started to enjoy it,but ever since monto and his 'moth' came back,im starting to despise them and they ruin scenes for me , not so much monto , but your one is really annoying and its almost comedy acting

A V A wrote: »
    if im being honest i didnt really like fair city and tried to get into it so many times, and finally over the past 4 or 5 weeks i have gotten into it

what part do you play? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I was waiting for Paddy to do a real Freddie Kruger after the curtains closed.

Great acting by the girl who plays Charlotte - all that crying can you imagine keeping in character on many takes very difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Hitchens wrote: »
    what part do you play? :)

Presumably Ava.

005_2cce96e0f7073f53bcf512b98d37c6312f885687.jpg

• Advertisement

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a529341/coronation-street-and-emmerdale-to-move-to-utv-in-ireland.html

can anyone explain this

looks like tv3 is dropping coronation street and emmerdale in 2015

Hard to understand how TV3 is losing money on the ITV soaps seen as episodes of Emmerdale & Corrie are constantly listed as TV3's Highest Rated shows each week

utv will be creating a new channel called UTV Ireland and want to compete with fair city

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Presumably Ava.

005_2cce96e0f7073f53bcf512b98d37c6312f885687.jpg

:eek: jesus Christ that huge RTE logo as if someone would steal credit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a529341/coronation-street-and-emmerdale-to-move-to-utv-in-ireland.html

can anyone explain this

looks like tv3 is dropping coronation street and emmerdale in 2015

Hard to understand how TV3 is losing money on the ITV soaps seen as episodes of Emmerdale & Corrie are constantly listed as TV3's Highest Rated shows each week

utv will be creating a new channel called UTV Ireland and want to compete with fair city

They don't really have much choice. UTV gets dibs on the soaps. Them saying the soaps 'are losing them money' is just to save them face. It's actually caused quite the kerfuffle in TV3. TV3 may be in serious trouble with UTV taking their breadwinners from them--which is unfortunate for the 250 people working in TV3!

There's also the question of whether UTV will be able to sustain a channel on only 100 employees, but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

First off, think Charlotte did a great job tonight - fair play to her.

But, I really want to point out what a top notch actor Tony Tormey. He always pulls a blinder as Paul. Is totally believeable when he's playing the right a$$hole, but then when they give him something that's emotionally challenging and becomes the good guy again, he always knocks it out of the park. Himself and Bryan Murray (Bob), and Ciara O'Callaghan (Yvonne) are the cream of the crop in that show. I know Yvonne has a storyline coming up, Paul is always involved in some way or another, but they definitely gotta get Bob back doing something he can really get his teeth into. I remember when they did the whole homeless storyline with him and it was just captivating to watch (helped that they had the whole Damian/Suzanne abuse storyline going on at about the same time - it was when the show was at its best, really want to see them get back to that level again soon).

I don't know if it was because the lighthearted stuff with Kerri-Ann, Mondo and Leo worked well in contrast with the more serious Bishop stuff, but Kerri-Ann was actually growing on me a bit tonight - I could get used to her. I'm back to hating Maeve more. She's probably not going anywhere anytime soon, but even if she just faded into the background a bit more, that'd be great.

Wouldn't mind seeing the two coppers who've been prominent recently (the female detective and the younger male guard) come on in a more permanent capacity. I get the impression Deegan could be on his way out. In the last year, he's appeared in what, maybe 6 or 7 episodes out of 200?

TV3 may be in serious trouble with UTV taking their breadwinners from them--which is unfortunate for the 250 people working in TV3!

There's also the question of whether UTV will be able to sustain a channel on only 100 employees, but time will tell.

seriously, 250 people or 100 people................???

Insert required soap DVD in 1st machine, press play.

After 8(ish) minutes press pause.

Play 5 minutes of pre-loaded ads on 2nd machine.

Press stop.

Press play on 1st machine.

Repeat procedure as necessary.

Feed studio cat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

wait what?

Just what I thought! Googled and got this

www.thestar.ie/star/fair-citys-playboy-back-with-a-bunny-34806/

Eyes are too big there at all. Must be the actress trying out a certain clueless look with Kerry Ann

They don't really have much choice. UTV gets dibs on the soaps. Them saying the soaps 'are losing them money' is just to save them face. It's actually caused quite the kerfuffle in TV3. TV3 may be in serious trouble with UTV taking their breadwinners from them--which is unfortunate for the 250 people working in TV3!

I read tv now magazine and on page 3 (I think) they give you the run down of rating for rte 1 . 2 and tv 3

and surprise surprise tv3 top ratings is coronation street emmerdale and on a Saturday night x-factor

tv 3 is screwed in 2015 if utv Ireland happens and takes back there shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Absolutely brilliant episode all round tonight. Really stellar performances from the actors who play Charlotte, Rachel and Paul in particular. Loved it!

But, I really want to point out what a top notch actor Tony Tormey. He always pulls a blinder as Paul. Is totally believeable when he's playing the right a$$hole, but then when they give him something that's emotionally challenging and becomes the good guy again, he always knocks it out of the park.

after reading your post (going all marvel/DC here)

Paul is an anti hero :D sometimes good sometimes bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Amazing Orla never took much notice of Wayne until he started going out with Francis en stein :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement