Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Is the working class hero Sash ever coming back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

Is Maeve on the dole ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

July Rain wrote: »
    Is Maeve on the dole ?

close.............she's a Primary teacher! :D

Hitchens wrote: »

when & where :rolleyes: she was late back for the school year

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Hitchens wrote: »

classic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

when & where :rolleyes: she was late back for the school year

She was doing some subbing work I'm sure in Galway for a small while.

Luno wrote: »
    She was doing some subbing work I'm sure in Galway for a small while.

The fair city writers sure love Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

The fair city writers sure love Galway.

Cork was the place to be for years according to Fair City they've decided to change it up a little, would love to see someone jet off to Leitrim :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Kerryanne:
    Jenny Dixon
    Height
    5' 8" (1.73 m)

Mini Biography
    Irish actress born in Dublin. Jenny graduated with a first class honors science degree in zoology and a post grad in Education from Trinity College. She taught secondary (highschool) students while also commencing her study of acting. She studied with Cathal Quinn at the Gaiety as well as David Scott and Terry McMahon while in Ireland. She then went on to study with Lesly Kahn and Crystal Carson in Los Angeles from 2009. She now spends part of the year in Ireland and part in LA.

Since moving to Hollywood, Jenny has built on the success by playing theatre roles in Hollywood including 'Gretel', 'Vampire Vixen' and Pink Floyd's 'Innocent Soul'. Jenny has also shot a comedy promo piece to launch the new FOX Sports1 Network with 20th Century Fox. She appeared in an episode of 'The Girls Next Door' on E! She appeared on Brendan O'Connor's The Saturday Night Show on RTE as well as Morning Ireland on TV3. Jenny has featured in music videos including Taio Cruz's 'Dynamite' as well as Amir Kahn & Mr Capone-e's world fight promo video. She has appeared on both Irish and American TV for national modeling slots, IrelandAM and ABC America Mario Lopez's show Extra, as well as shooting campaigns for C7 Couture.

Jenny has appeared in over 20 short Irish films, playing lead roles in over half of them. One of these was screened at Cannes Film Festival 2010 and went on to win an award at LA Film Festival. She was nominated for 'Best Actress in a short film' in 2011's Cork Underground Film Festival. In 2012 she shot two features 'The Ecstasy of Isabel Mann' a supporting role and 'The Spymasters Apprentice', playing Russian Villain 'Allesandra'.

:O

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Just noticed they're calling Facebook Facebook now. Instead of pal page. What changed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

"Pal page" was an insult to our intelligence.

cue: some whiner going on "They can't mention products"

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Actually remember when they set up Sarah's 'pal page' after the Barry thing,they actually gave her a real Facebook page which you could search for and see. (Yes I am that sad that I searched for her)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

nice_very wrote: »
    Kerryanne:
    Jenny Dixon
    Height
    5' 8" (1.73 m)

Mini Biography
    Irish actress born in Dublin. Jenny graduated with a first class honors science degree in zoology and a post grad in Education from Trinity College. She taught secondary (highschool) students while also commencing her study of acting. She studied with Cathal Quinn at the Gaiety as well as David Scott and Terry McMahon while in Ireland. She then went on to study with Lesly Kahn and Crystal Carson in Los Angeles from 2009. She now spends part of the year in Ireland and part in LA.

Since moving to Hollywood, Jenny has built on the success by playing theatre roles in Hollywood including 'Gretel', 'Vampire Vixen' and Pink Floyd's 'Innocent Soul'. Jenny has also shot a comedy promo piece to launch the new FOX Sports1 Network with 20th Century Fox. She appeared in an episode of 'The Girls Next Door' on E! She appeared on Brendan O'Connor's The Saturday Night Show on RTE as well as Morning Ireland on TV3. Jenny has featured in music videos including Taio Cruz's 'Dynamite' as well as Amir Kahn & Mr Capone-e's world fight promo video. She has appeared on both Irish and American TV for national modeling slots, IrelandAM and ABC America Mario Lopez's show Extra, as well as shooting campaigns for C7 Couture.

Jenny has appeared in over 20 short Irish films, playing lead roles in over half of them. One of these was screened at Cannes Film Festival 2010 and went on to win an award at LA Film Festival. She was nominated for 'Best Actress in a short film' in 2011's Cork Underground Film Festival. In 2012 she shot two features 'The Ecstasy of Isabel Mann' a supporting role and 'The Spymasters Apprentice', playing Russian Villain 'Allesandra'.

:O

You beat me to it, she taught science to one of my son's friends. Apparently the boys at St Davids in Artane loved her ;)

what a huge lose to fair city are the bishops but Im glad deco is staying

at least the goodbye were decent

Vivienne saying goodbye to Judith & Ray

Charlotte saying goodbye Rachel

Zumo should of had a goodbye with Charlie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Just noticed they're calling Facebook Facebook now. Instead of pal page. What changed

Product placement. I'm surprised he didn't tell her to have a 7-UP while she was on Facebook.

the spar shop hasn't been seen in awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's a wonder the Bishops didn't move to Galway, nearly every character that has left since Linda was in it has moved here, they must nearly have a "little Carraigstown" community by now.

Seriously though, I don't get the reason for getting rid of the Bishops, they were definately some of the best characters in the programme and if it was a case of getting rid of someone there is certainly a few pointless characters to choose from i.e the Dillons especially Judith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

It is awful to lose the Bishops and I am still mad about it but all I hope is that it is temporary as the actors need a break or something but it is hard to say what other stories they could give them after such a huge story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I would say it is just giving the actors a break, that seems to be the way Fair City operates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I can't imagine they will get rid of the Bishops full time. Maybe only a break.

The Dillons, the Fahys, the Dowlings & the Molloys could easily go. No loss in any of them.

• Advertisement

There wasn't much more for zumo to do. All he did was walk around all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There wasn't much more for zumo to do. All he did was walk around all day.

I'd prefer to watch that any of the Dillion's scenes

tv now didn't have much spoilers as I already told you guys last week

but there is one spoilers most of us will love
    Maeve the Supermodel is Leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I think this may call for a party finally Charlotte has gone absolute pain in the backside girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Why would Rachel feel bad about keeping Charlotte's confession a secret? Charlotte saved her mother's life. Therefore, Paddy's death is not murder.

Rachel said to Paul that they were lying to the cops again, after the dangerous driving incident involving Callum. But they haven't been asked for a statement on Paddy's death. Therefore, they're not lying this time. There is no legal obligation in this jurisdiction to report an alleged unlawful killing unless it is terrorist-related.

Bill1709 wrote: »
    Sorry, just saw fair city. but what a ridiculous conclusion to a murder case. That is a joke. A few questions, no inquest and that is it.only a few days since he died!

Not necessarily. The inconsistencies in the statements of Viv and Charlotte could be easily explained away by a defence lawyer at a trial. Furthermore, Paddy was a convicted murderer who was known to have been violent to his wife and was wanted for Conor's murder. Therefore, it's not implausible for the DPP to decide that there was not a realistic prospect of achieving a conviction and that it was not in the public interest to prosecute. The DPP makes such a decision all the time in real life.

An inquest would be months away. The fact that Viv and Charlotte are out of the country means that they cannot be compelled to testify at it.

Would the dpp have decided within 7 days though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

The legal system in carrigstown works at a much faster pace than the rest of the country.

Maybe the DPP wasn't inclined to spend much time on the case of a murdering scumbag who had been killed by the woman who he battered. Obviously, the storyliners have used a small element of dramatic licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

jjf1974 wrote: »
    The legal system in carrigstown works at a much faster pace than the rest of the country.

Barry O'Hanlon is proof of this. Terrible miscarriage of justice done to the poor guy, and now even his best friend Paul has forgotten about him. Poor oul Barry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement