Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

Did anyone else notice Maeve's overuse of the word ''guy'' during her conversation with Dolores in Vinos in tonight's episode?:p

duridian wrote: »
    Rachael Pilkington

She's nice!

Still a lasher. Looks as if she age a day even since her Glenroe days

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

jos28 wrote: »
    Loved the scenes between Decco and Caoimhe tonight, very touching and nice to see Caoimhe has a heart

... and poor Decco having to deal with all that Paddy's ashes business on his own, I thought the actor did a great job conveying the conflict of somehow still loving his father even though he was a "psycho".

And Laura's definitely got her eye on Ama, which makes a change cos Damian never stops blinking when he's looking at Ama!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I think Caoimhe and Decco should get back together. They've both matured a lot since they were last together. Although I wanna see how Decco does up his bachelor pad!!! Please make it awesome.

I thought the introduction of Callum's ma would be boring, but I stand corrected... A welcome addition.

I think on a whole the show has been getting consistently better as of late. Everyone pulling a blinder this week I think. Everyone looking out for Decco was sweet and I had a laugh with Bela Doyle creepily showing up in the Brennan's new digs. Perfect mix of comedy and drama at the moment. Hope they keep it up.

And I can't say that I'm sad that Maeve has left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

With his ashes gone, the screen presence of the great FC character that was Paddy Bishop will live on in the form of Decco's snazzy new pencil holder for his office.

Was happy to see Decco and Caoimhe have good scenes together that didn't exist solely to end with them eating the face off one another, but rather just being there for each other and maybe laying the groundwork for a more mature relationship than the first time around, after both have since been through the mill with their respective families. Though if they were to start making out on that couch, I would have ended the episode with a slow zoom out to reveal Bela sitting on the opposite armchair going unnoticed. After being kicked out of the Brennans' he let himself in to Casa de Bishop with his copied key to deliver a sympathy card but didn't want to interrupt.

• Advertisement

I now want to say Bela Doyle just randomly appear in the background of other people's houses... Would be so funny, if he never interacted with anyone else in the show except Charlie ever again, and then after months of this it is mentiones that Bela died months ago offscreen in the same place Tommy Dillon and Christy Phelan are currently hanging out and has only existed as a figment of Charlie Kelly's imagination since then...

Ah no, I'm only messin. Wouldn't be Fair City without Bela...

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I must have missed something somewhere I thought Caoimhe and Damo had become a couple... when did that relationship end??

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I must have missed something somewhere I thought Caoimhe and Damo had become a couple... when did that relationship end??

They had an affair, but were never a couple. I reckon Caoimhe and Decco get back together, and if I was a betting man I'd say that Callum's ma will become a love interest for Damo once they get bored dangling her in front of Paul to annoy Niamh...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

peewee_44 wrote: »

Friends with benefits :cool:

Ama wasn't givin and Damo wasn't gettin so Caoimhe stepped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Vahevala wrote: »
    Where did you read about that?

I didn't read it - I heard it on the radio on a "soap slot". This was after the Bishops had gone to Spain - so I automatically thought there was going to be more going away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'd have a problem if my husband had a heap of different kids with all different mothers.

And the mothers living in the community, popping over for wine and some flirting. Niamh is the quintessential Carlsberg wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

walshb wrote: »
    And the mothers living in the community, popping over for wine and some flirting. Niamh is the quintessential Carlsberg wife.

Well Yvonne isn't exactly pally with them too much, and the commute from Cork and the Afterlife is a bit much for the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

walshb wrote: »

sorry am i missing something here? Should paul feel guilty for having previous relationships? Niamh wasnt part of his life when three of his kids were born. He didnt even know about callum until last year.
    (Incidentally its a ridiculous thing that callum almost went to jail recently and his mother only decides now to check up on him and it isnt even mentioned between paul and his mother)

anyway, back to this praise niamh is receiving for being such a saint of a wife, she was giving ultimatums 6 months ago (choose your son or me) when he chose callum, what did she do. Absolutely sweet f all. Rachel has always been part of pauls life do they come as a pair? So why should paul need to explain or seek forgiveness of saint niamh for that.
    Nicolas kid, is a son from a previous relationship. Again someone niamh knew about when she started HAVING AN AFFAIR with paul the evil fertile villain.

We all know about ruth and if thats a messed up situation and paul rightfully had to grovel there but as i said, niamh basically has her own child out of that relationship.

So tell me, why does paul have to seek forgiveness off Naomh Niamh for his past sins in reproduction when niamh wasnt a in his life? In fact sh was only in school at the time (where incidentally she was getting extra special "tuition" off her teacher Barry.)

as i said fair play for finally accepting callum, but she only done that as she knew she hadnt a choice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

sorry am i missing something here? Should paul feel guilty for having previous relationships? Niamh wasnt part of his life when three of his kids were born. He didnt even know about callum until last year.
    (Incidentally its a ridiculous thing that callum almost went to jail recently and his mother only decides now to check up on him and it isnt even mentioned between paul and his mother)

anyway, back to this praise niamh is receiving for being such a saint of a wife, she was giving ultimatums 6 months ago (choose your son or me) when he chose callum, what did she do. Absolutely sweet f all. Rachel has always been part of pauls life do they come as a pair? So why should paul need to explain or seek forgiveness of saint niamh for that.
    Nicolas kid, is a son from a previous relationship. Again someone niamh knew about when she started HAVING AN AFFAIR with paul the evil fertile villain.

We all know about ruth and if thats a messed up situation and paul rightfully had to grovel there but as i said, niamh basically has her own child out of that relationship.

So tell me, why does paul have to seek forgiveness off Naomh Niamh for his past sins in reproduction when niamh wasnt a in his life? In fact sh was only in school at the time (where incidentally she was getting extra special "tuition" off her teacher Barry.)

as i said fair play for finally accepting callum, but she only done that as she knew she hadnt a choice!!
    This is a prime example of how well written FC is if ever it was needed.

You're totally immersed in the storylines.
    (Thats a good thing by the way)

Well all those events are pretty common knowledge tbh! And it doesnt take deep thinking to follow fair city! I actually rarely get to see it due to sporting commitments etc but like all soaps, all you have to do is watch one episode a fortnight and your an expert!

Lovely gesture by paddy with the whale. Never would have thought he'd like whales though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

History lesson please!!
    So who are Rachel & Ruth's mothers? Did Paul have an affair on Niamh, if so with who? How long have Paul & Niamh been together?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

History lesson please!!
    So who are Rachel & Ruth's mothers? Did Paul have an affair on Niamh, if so with who? How long have Paul & Niamh been together?

Rachael's mother is Helen Doyle who died. She and Paul were a couple (as far as I remember ) (might have been an affair when he was married to Nicola )

Then Paul was with Nicola. They have a son . They now live in Cork.

Then Paul got together with niamh. She can't have kids herself.

Paul had a one night stand with Yvonne. Ruth was begotten and Yvonne put her up for adoption and niamh and Paul took her in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Rachels mother is Helen Doyle, Bellas daughter - deceased

Ruths mother is Yvonne Doyle, from a 1 nighter, put down to emotions about Helen.

edit: u beat me to it Lisha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

nice_very wrote: »

Ruths mother is Yvonne Doyle, from a 1 nighter, put down to emotions about Helen.

:)
    Have confused myself now! Was nicola's son Paul's or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

yeah as far as I remember he is, just forgot about him.. you know being disappeared to Corcaigh and all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

When Meave drove off in the taxi, I thought Wayne was going to do a little dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Lisha wrote: »
    Rachael's mother is Helen Doyle who died. She and Paul were a couple (as far as I remember ) (might have been an affair when he was married to Nicola )

Then Paul was with Nicola. They have a son . They now live in Cork.

Then Paul got together with niamh. She can't have kids herself.

Paul had a one night stand with Yvonne. Ruth was begotten and Yvonne put her up for adoption and niamh and Paul took her in.

Cheers for that. Paul's certainly seen some drama ove the years!! Was Helen as, um hard to get on with as Yvonne?? (whom incidently, I read, suffers from schizophrenia although they never refer to it)
    nice_very wrote: »

Cheers!
    padd b1975 wrote: »
    When Meave drove off in the taxi, I thought Wayne was going to do a little dance.

So did I!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How the hell does Paul get the birds :confused: and Callum's mother looks as young as him

I don't know how Damo or Judy haven't told Ama to f*ck off yet she is so annoying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Doubleskipper

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How the hell does Paul get the birds :confused: and Callum's mother looks as young as him

I don't know how Damo or Judy haven't told Ama to f*ck off yet she is so annoying

Paul could be in trouble with the law considering how old Jane was when Paul had his wicked way with her.

Both Damo and Laura both fancy Ama Chisenga.

light spoilers from tv now magazine
    Callum Mother Wont Leave & wants money

Yvonne Meet a New Man -
    the start of the rape story maybe

more at midnight

just catching up on Sundays episode

Callum's ma looks familiar she was in the clinic (I Think)

how old is she lol is she supposed to be his mother she looks about 17

is Jane full time she is good actress

ah someone give deco a hug big old softie , I love him even more now

Paul and Niamh discover that Callum has been hiding Jane in their old house, leading to another argument. Jane hands Callum back the key for Ridgeview and reveals that she is planning to head to Drogheda, where she hopes to stay with some friends. Jane starts to snoop around the house and uncovers the plans for Ridgeview. She also stashes a bank statement in her handbag and is still in shock after seeing the balance.

Later, Callum pressures Paul and Niamh into allowing Jane to stay in Ridgeview, even if it's just for a few days. He knows there are tenants lined up but they won't be moving in for a while. Paul and Niamh know it's a bad idea but they reluctantly agree, not wanting to push Callum back into a life of crime.

Dan give Caoimhe her old job back © RTÉ
    Dan give Caoimhe her old job back
    Meanwhile, after struggling to find new employment, Caoimhe swallows her pride and asks if Dan will still interview her. At the interview, Dan is quick to outline Caoimhe's selfish qualities, but he eventually offers her a job as assistant manager in the bar. Dan insists that Caoimhe will need to do things his way, and so long as she doesn't have a problem with that, then they should get on fine.

Elsewhere, Orla desperately tries to recover Wayne's collectibles after Jo gives them away to the charity shop.

Callum asks Paul to fix the shower in the house as Jane has been having cold showers since she moved in. Jane learns from Callum that Niamh can't have kids of her own. He is worried that his mother will repeat the confidence, but she reassures him that she will not say a word. Soon afterwards, Niamh offers to have a look at the shower for Paul as she is sure it is nothing big. Heading over there, Niamh finds that the curtains are drawn and there's a bottle of wine and two glasses on the table. Suddenly, Jane appears wearing make-up and dressed in a provocative way. Niamh angrily accuses Jane of trying to seduce her husband, but Jane makes various excuses and manages to turn this back against her, accusing her of not trusting Paul.

Later, Paul and Niamh agree to have dinner with Jane. Although Niamh says nothing about the earlier incident, tensions are cleary running high. In the end, Jane attacks Niamh and nastily remarks that she has enough step children of her own without having to steal Callum from her. Callum is irate as Jane has broken her word about not commenting on Niamh not being able to have children of her own.

Meanwhile, Yvonne and Carol take an interest in getting to know Dan better. Dan remembers that he already knows Yvonne as they were in Primary School together. Later, Dan brings Leo into his office, but Leo is distracted as he looks at the couch. He is sure that it was the one that was in his house before the break-in. Dan explains that he bought it fair and square at a market. Dan suggests that he could buy it back from him for what he paid for it, but Leo tells him where to go and tries to repossess the couch.

Elsewhere, Charlie's plans with Esther are thrown off course by an embarrassing ailment

Jane looks through a savings account bank statement of Paul's. She eyes the balance of €74,000. Soon afterwards, Callum arrives and tells Jane that he doesn't want her in his life after yesterday's events. Jane is concerned that her plans are in jeopardy and tries to use emotional blackmail to manipulate Callum. However, when Jane says that she is sorry she didn't give him up for adoption, she knows that she has taken it one step too far. As a result, Callum starts to go off the rails again and fails to show up in the Helping Hand for his community service.

Later, Paul and Niamh are furious when they find out what Jane has said to Callum. Paul tells Jane that she's no longer welcome to stay, telling her to pack her bags as no-one wants her around.

Meanwhile, Leo offers to buy the sofa for the amount Dan paid for it. When Dan reveals that it cost €80, Leo is riled as he paid a lot more for it. Dan enjoys winding up Leo and refuses to sell it back, adding how he was going to return it to him before he started calling him a thief. Leo's determination to get his sofa back grows.

Elsewhere, Carol and Yvonne vie for Dan's attention, while Charlie keeps a secret from Esther

Jane is supposed to be leaving today, but she reels Paul in as she shows him sweet childhood photo of Callum. She reminisces about Callum as a kid and talks about how she was not cut out to be a mother at such a young age. Paul seems to be softening when a sound makes them look up - Niamh has let herself in and is standing watching them furious. Paul's aware of how it must look to Niamh and he tries to explain, but Niamh is incensed as he promised not to see Jane and now he's sneaking around behind her back. Soon afterwards, Paul stands up for Jane, saying that Callum really doesn't want her to go. Niamh finally softens and agrees with Paul, who suggests they should let Callum decide if he wants his mother around or not.

Later, Callum decides that he wants Jane to stay. Alone with Paul, Jane wells up with gratitude to him for not driving her away from their son. As Paul tries to comfort Jane, she kisses him. Paul pulls away, horrified. Jane splutters an apology but Paul warns her not to confuse things, reminding her that she is there for Callum.

Meanwhile, Mondo tries to play peacemaker between Leo and Dan. All Leo has to do is apologise to Dan for accusing him of stealing the couch and he will return it. However, Leo is agitated and stubbornly refuses to back down.

Elsewhere, Carol uses Dan's attention to wind up Yvonne, while Charlie's secret bunions lead to a misunderstanding over Esther's birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Hope Callum's Ma sticks around,decent actress and very good looking. Niamh might have a little problem on her hands. The look of devastation on Laura's face when Ama told her that she kissed Damo,she has it bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

The writers seem to be at a loss with what to do with Laura

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement