Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

oh god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo threw the lips on Dermot !!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna be sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Ben will be bald before he's even a teenager with the amount of head rubbing that Dermot and Jo give him, how old is Ben anyway, Dermot and Jo talk to him as though he's a three-year-old...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Jo will get her man, wreck his head with mind games forever.

Judith will take to the bottle.

Paul will be broke.

And Orla will join a Convent because she can't get a man.

****toddles off to write script****.........

You heard it here first folks..........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,823 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Jo really warn Orla off Dermot :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

why is Wayne walking around all the time with his mum? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

amdublin wrote: »
    Ben is cooking lunch :confused:

He has the handwriting of an adult.
    And he cooks lunch.
    :confused:

Scarier and scarier...:D

Hitchens wrote: »
    why is Wayne walking around all the time with his mum? :rolleyes:

In case Lucy returns :p

Is Damo after Doug's homeless friend now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

In case Lucy returns :p

Is Damo after Doug's homeless friend now?

Watching it tonight I got a vision of damo and lost girl bonding over tales of domestic abuse

Damo really needs a happy ending

Wayne is some mope

Lisha wrote: »

Wayne is some mope

I still wanna him to win against Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I still wanna him to win against Paul

Ha I think you right

Paul drives me a bit mad, niamh too good for him

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    Ha I think you right

Paul drives me a bit mad, niamh too good for him

Niamh has gone very quiet, I say give her a makeover and let her tear into Eddie or Wayne she needs a revenge affair after Paul's night with Yvonne :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Jo lobs the gob on Dermish, he walks off in disgust and then she stands there looking smug?? Wha?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Good god, what a crap episode that was tonight. After weeks and weeks of building up the Tommy-Judith-Luke love triangle that was a total anti-climax. Tommy nails Judith on the sofa and despite having her bag already packed to head off with Luke she decides to stay with Tommy, like wtf??? And then Luke doesn't even bother to fight for her, just takes what Tommy said on board that she doesn't want to see him. The whole thing was a farce to be honest.

And when you look at it having Judith leave Tommy for Luke invited far more supplementary storylines, i.e. the fall out from doing so and how Zack, Caoimhe and Nessa would have handled their mum doing a runner with their uncle. Which would have made for far better viewing than what we are dealt with now. It also could have opened the possibility of Tommy going back to Jo right when Dermot decided he wants her back.

I think all of us here accept that Fair City is a poor quality soap vis a vis the British ones. But we accept that it is tacky and not to be taken seriously and still watch it nonetheless. But when storylines finish after a few months the way that one did it really makes me wonder why I bother....

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

I've got it!! Juddish is schizophrenic. Last time she was begging poor old Viv to be her one and only, true friend when she desperately needed one friend, and then today, she dumps her and insists, in her arched way, that their relationship shall revert to a more professional one. Last time she'd "made her decision" and was going off with Luke, definitively, forever - this time she's "made her decision" and she's going to back with Tommy, forever and ever. Seeing her skip into her house with Tommy, as if delirious with joy, while Luke stalked her one last time, confirms my diagnosis. I wouldn't like her to be making a decision about treatments for me but it is only a soap - isn't it??!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

CommanderC wrote: »
    Jesus- they'd wanna shut about this wind fall !!

I know! Who the hell goes round talking about their money like that!!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The seem to make paul an absolute idiot every few months..It was cloud computing a few months ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Dear writers of Fair City ,
    for the last few months you have written s**te , pure s**te around a huge issue that affects hundreds of thousands of people in Ireland - namely divorce and separation . A great chance to inform and entertain the nation has been squandered week after week . The Dermot/Jo split has been riddled with a lack of credibility from day one . Please, oh please, let the "thaw" in their hostilites be a reflection of the following Q. and A. quoted from www.divorceinireland.net :

What happens if we are seperated four years but living under the same roof?

The court will need to hear evidence proving that there are two clear and separate households living under the same roof. For example if the parties were not sleeping in the same bed but were sharing dinners and household chores the court might be of a view that they are still
    married.

Please let this be at least mentioned in their rows ! Give us something to believe in !!!

Yours in anticipation ,

SFFC

The seem to make paul an absolute idiot every few months..It was cloud computing a few months ago...

He has always been an idiot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Paul has come a long way since the first series, back then he was repairing kettles and toasters in a little room in the back of what is now the Hungry Pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ah fer gawwwd's sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

I have sussed the hidden story in the Tommy Judith Luke story. Nessa is Tommy daughter but Judith and Luke had s secret affair and she had caoimhe from it. Its obvious by the Luke gurning in the car sun night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

amdublin wrote: »
    Ben is cooking lunch

:confused:

Why did Ben ask could they go to Vinos for a treat , they went in , sat down then went home and cooked lunch ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

It's a terrible thing to say about a child but that kid Ben actually turns my stomach. The head on him is enough to make me want to change the channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

xLexie wrote: »
    It's a terrible thing to say about a child but that kid Ben actually turns my stomach. The head on him is enough to make me want to change the channel.
    Poor taste - so hope you aren't a parent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

sffc wrote: »
    Poor taste - so hope you aren't a parent.
    Fun fact - not all kids are adorable little darlings. He's a dreadful actor, he serves absolutely no purpose and you'd think his parents would save him the embarrassment and take him out of acting since it's painfully obvious it is not the career for him.

I watched a youtube clip titled "sloth on a speedboat" at the weekend. Ever since i've been trying to think what character in Fair City should be replaced with a sloth. I'm not criticizing FC as I firmly believe all tv shows could be improved with the addition of a sloth....Right now i'm picturing Jo and Dermish holding paws with a smiling sloth walking to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I watched a youtube clip titled "sloth on a speedboat" at the weekend. Ever since i've been trying to think what character in Fair City should be replaced with a sloth.

I think Ray would be happiest with a sloth's life. Paul's new riches mean he wouldn't even have to be fired. He could be a mascot for the garage.

I think Ray would be happiest with a sloth's life. Paul's new riches mean he wouldn't even have to be fired. He could be a mascot for the garage.
    That's true and his paws wouldn't be a hindrance to being a mechanic either as ray fixes everything with a hammer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lorna doone

I would love to see a the start of a new, big storyline in Fair City. Would prefer for this to be a murder; but perhaps involving many characters, maybe some of the "criminal underworld" peeps making a comeback.. Sylvester Garrigan wasn't killed off was he?(he was d e a d l y!!)
    Maybe it could centre around Eddie and his funny money, idk but wouldn't it be great to have a good oul fashioned murder to bring some extra excitement to humble Carraigstown?

• Advertisement

I would love to see a the start of a new, big storyline in Fair City. Would prefer for this to be a murder; but perhaps involving many characters, maybe some of the "criminal underworld" peeps making a comeback.. Sylvester Garrigan wasn't killed off was he?(he was d e a d l y!!)
    Maybe it could centre around Eddie and his funny money, idk but wouldn't it be great to have a good oul fashioned murder to bring some extra excitement to humble Carraigstown?
    yea the whole "follow the money" story!! What criminal shenanigans are the other end of eddies deals....

the truth of it is that story will drag on and on and on...it will then end in one episode and then forgotten about entirely from then on!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement