Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

halkar wrote: »
    Paul and Eddie story is very stupid. If Eddie is able to make 10 times profit from an investment why isn't he investing and making himself rich instead of others? Also what planet is FC writers on to think that one can make X10 of their money in one week :rolleyes:

If he is laundering money it is also stupid as owner will want cleaned money back?

Making a 10fold return was just so unrealistic and stupid
    If it had been a 2/3 fold return it would have been more believable

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

I agree with all the comments made about Paul's fantastic windfall...totally unbelievable! You give a guy you hardly know 50000 on the street , nothing signed... 5 minutes later , that has magically turned into 500000!

And Paul going round like the cock of the walk with that smug grin on his face...would anybody be so stupid to let the whole neighbourhood know? But the question still remains..where did eddy get the money? From his gangster pal...and if so why and what are theyhoping to get out of it? It won't be much anyway if Esther's investment of 500 is anything to go by :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Paul, Niamh, Ester, Dermot and Eddie all working from the same office? Is that office Carrigstown Business Park..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

How long we're niamh and Paul in their house with their big coats on
    Typical rich too stingy to put on heating :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Credit where it's due - Eddie's scenes have improved. he's definitely less wooden recently.

• Advertisement

This homeless refugee storyline is cringeworthy... Like something from Glenroe bak in the 1980s.. All the Irish people scared of the person with the different coloured skin, but they find out that she's just the same as them after all... Give me a fkn break..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Doug makes the most ridiculous facial gestures. No wonder she's not interested

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Bore off Jo , Dermish and that child listening behind doors, then coming up with some trick to get attention, it's the same scenario over and over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

They have to end this Jo Ben Dermish triangle.. Played out ages ago!

Few good laughs from Wayne tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Paul's arms are quite short. In last night's episode he put his arms around Niamh's waist from behind ...and his hands didn't meet in front :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Hitchens wrote: »
    Paul's arms are quite short. In last night's episode he put his arms around Niamh's waist from behind ...and his hands didn't meet in front :cool:
    Thats because she's a fat f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,823 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where the hell did Eddie invest Paul's money to get a return of half a million so fast :confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where the hell did Eddie invest Paul's money to get a return of half a million so fast :confused::eek:

Perhaps he hacked into the bank's computer system and 'lodged' €500,000 into Paul's account. The bank will be onto him on Monday when they figure it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tonyclifton

annapanna wrote: »
    Bore off Jo , Dermish and that child listening behind doors, then coming up with some trick to get attention, it's the same scenario over and over again

I happen to know for a fact that dermot wets the bed too...well he has since he has been staying in that bed and breakfast .. I know a girl that works there!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Eddie should be minister for finance,he would have the country out of debt in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Eddie should be minister for finance,he would have the country out of debt in a few weeks.

lol...he sure would

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

It would be far too risky adopting the get rich financial practices of Eddie. He would ruin the country. Just like Fianna Fail did I suppose. Now I bet Edded would go far in the Fianna Fail party.:cool:

i read on digital spy eddie money landerin ( i think thats how you spell it )

why you wash your money ill never know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭apache

I thought eddie was gonna take the 50K and run.
    Money laundering? Don Bakers money and then they invest more after reeling them in and then run?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,823 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some funny lines from Wayne tonight to Damo and Laura about the homeless girl :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Why do Dermish and Jo never make sure Ben isn't on the stairs or at the doort when they have their millionth same-topic row. They need to put a string of tin cans at the top of the stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

When Benny came down the stairs tonight with the wet sheets, did Jo not check to see were his pyjamas wet.. or did she make him wear those pampers pants after the previous incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Is it Eddies plan to befriend Dolly, and get her money and then leg it. He has tried to win her over with his "honesty & fairness" for Wayne. Does she really have that much I wonder!??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Credit where it's due - Eddie's scenes have improved. he's definitely less wooden recently.
    Eddie does "nasty" really well, it's almost like it's a different actor when he turns evil!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

How much money has Dolly got? If he really made the 500K for paul why didn't he just do a runner with that money?

Surely he can't expect to make more than 500K off dolly and dummy Wayne

I don't know its fair city i suppose :rolleyes:

I think he's also mentioned in the bible, some story about loaves and fishes.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

After the 50k Niamh goes shopping - but still has been wearing the same black thing all week?

My gran, who has dementia, picked up on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Eddie does "nasty" really well, it's almost like it's a different actor when he turns evil!

Probably got that in prison :)

If Paul was to join Barry then that would be interesting. They could try and escape and could call it something like Prison Break....oh wait :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Probably got that in prison :)

If Paul was to join Barry then that would be interesting. They could try and escape and could call it something like Prison Break....oh wait :pac:

Paul stole or embezzled €50k from the garage and he was caught. He is a common criminal albeit an uncommonly stupid one. The fact that he had to get a legal opinion to confirm that if one takes €50k out of a company bank account for his own personal enrichment that this is in fact a CRIME says a lot about him. He now needs to take his porridge and do the time. This whinging plonker should remember that if he can't do the time don't do the crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

Just been looking at an old episode of Mattie (Pat Short) on Rte from 2010. Nessa was in it playing a small part as a waitress. Just thought I'd mention..:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement