Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Paul stole or embezzled €50k from the garage and he was caught. He is a common criminal albeit an uncommonly stupid one. The fact that he had to get a legal opinion to confirm that if one takes €50k out of a company bank account for his own personal enrichment that this is in fact a CRIME says a lot about him. He now needs to take his porridge and do the time. This whinging plonker should remember that if he can't do the time don't do the crime.

I don't think that storyline makes sense to be honest, they gambled shares in the garage, which means its structured as a company, most likely a limited one. Paul should therefore have a directors loan account. The loan was only overdrawn for a few days, thats if it was overdrawn at all. He certainly wouldn't go to jail for this, so the storyline is completely rubbish as any half decent solicitor would argue that point!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

Every so often I have to turn FC off for a few weeks till it gets some omph in it again and I think this is one of them times. You and I know that money is not gonna lead to anything good. I don't care about Dermot and the strumpet. Although I kinda want then to patch things up I mean Ahh look it was just a mistake. Not one I would forgive but this would be done and dusted now in Stenders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Paddy001 wrote: »
    I don't think that storyline makes sense to be honest, they gambled shares in the garage, which means its structured as a company, most likely a limited one. Paul should therefore have a directors loan account. The loan was only overdrawn for a few days, thats if it was overdrawn at all. He certainly wouldn't go to jail for this, so the storyline is completely rubbish as any half decent solicitor would argue that point!

The Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement will be very interested in the criminal behaviour of garage conman Paul Brennan. The rule is that directors are prohibited from using company assets for personal purposes, which conman Brennan clearly did. The Gardai will also be very interested in the money laundering aspect of this fraud. If Brennen did this in the USA he would be taken away in handcuffs.

The Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement will be very interested in the criminal behaviour of garage conman Paul Brennan. The rule is that directors are prohibited from using company assets for personal purposes, which conman Brennan clearly did. The Gardai will also be very interested in the money laundering aspect of this fraud. If Brennen did this in the USA he would be taken away in handcuffs.

Correct, but he could just claim it was a Directors loan and argue his way out that way. However, it was insider dealing so what ever happened their all in trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Wayne the muppet went to the guards purely out of spite and revenge. He was quite happy to accept the 25000 when he thought that was half the winnings and signed something to that effect. When he heard about the 500000, he demanded half of that. If Paul had given it to him, no way would he have gone to Deegan even knowing that Paul financed it from the garage account.

There's a pair of them in it!

I'd still like to know where eddy got the 500000 though?? Surely Dolly would need to have at least a million if he was hoping to scam her and still make a profit on his dealings..but wait, this is Fair City :rolleyes:

I'm assuming of course that it wasn't a genuine investment that increased ten fold in a few days lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

maurv1 wrote: »
    but wait, this is Fair City :rolleyes:

we should always keep that in mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Not quite correct. Paul took the 50,000 out of the company bank a/c that Wayne had got for the vintage car. No company shares were in play.

As a minority shareholder (remember Wayne and Delores bought Ali's shares) Paul would have needed Wayne to agree to the withdrawl of the money.

Obviously Paul went on a solo run making it illegal.

That the way I see it.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Not quite correct. Paul took the 50,000 out of the company bank a/c that Wayne had got for the vintage car. No company shares were in play.

As a minority shareholder (remember Wayne and Delores bought Ali's shares) Paul would have needed Wayne to agree to the withdrawl of the money.

Obviously Paul went on a solo run making it illegal.

That the way I see it.

I was making the point that if they were able to gamble shares it is a company as opposed to a partnership or sole trader. Paul is still a shareholder and presumably a Director, so what I was getting at is he could pass it off as being an overdrawn loan which he repaid. Obviously there's more comes into play, but it is one way out for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

I was making the point that if they were able to gamble shares it is a company as opposed to a partnership or sole trader. Paul is still a shareholder and presumably a Director, so what I was getting at is he could pass it off as being an overdrawn loan which he repaid. Obviously there's more comes into play, but it is one way out for him.

In order to improve compliance by directors with regard to their obligations on directors loans, the ODCE has produced a booklet on ‘Transactions Involving Directors’ which is available from the ODCE website at www.odce.ie or on request from the Office at info@odce.ie, (01) 8585800 or Lo-call 1890 315 015. The ganster Brennan should have done some basic research before he embezzled the €50k for the garage for his own selfish reasons. I urge us all who are aware of this breach of Companny Law to act as Whistle Blowers and report Brennan to the ODCE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jo should tell Ben that his father has in fact become an astronaut and he wont get to see him any more.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

what an effing pr1ck wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

They know more about that homeless girl than Wayne knew about loopy Lucy......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's all very shouty and confrontational on FC tonight.

Dermish & Jo.
    Orla and Dermish.
    Dolly and Village Idiot Paul.
    Other village Idiot Wayne and homeless girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

I think Wayne is a racist...what he said about the towel out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Why does Dermot believe that he cannot forgive Jo for her affair?

And the homeless story girl storyline is ridiculous - like a public safety announcement film or something:

"I.am.going.to.go.the.Migrants.Rights.Centre. They.help.people.like.me"
    "Do.you.know.where.it.is?"
    "It.is.in.the.city.centre. I.have.a.map"

Are they fake cooking sounds in the background there? :D

endakenny wrote: »
    Why does Dermot believe that he cannot forgive Jo for her affair?

oh he can, he just doesn't know it yet :cool:

Dermot and Joe, with Bill Murray, in Groundhog Day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

woo hoo douggie lobs the gob on Ama

• Advertisement

Paul puts on his Sideshow Bob evil voice :pac:

sideshow-bob.jpg

These pair think they are Gordon Gekko and Bud Fox :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Face off.........

Ohhhh..........I'm scared............

******runs behind couch****

:)

Paul puts on his Sideshow Bob evil voice :pac:

And then into his New Yawk gangster voice :D

I've said it before, I'll say it again Fairly Sh1tty is the best comedy that RTE has ever ever ever produced.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Any idea what's going to happen Paul and Waine?

Right over to At Your Service thread - Jonanon are you driving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Any idea what's going to happen Paul and Waine?

Didn't Deegan say that its being investigated now by the fraud squad ? If its anything like real life fraud cases, will probably take years ;)

Wayne looked scared sh1tless there !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

maurv1 wrote: »
    Didn't Deegan say that its being investigated now by the fraud squad ? If its anything like real life fraud cases, will probably take years ;)

Wayne looked scared sh1tless there !

I hope it doesn't go on long enough! I wonder is Paul's or Waine's (the actual actor's) career finishing in FC?

• Advertisement

I wonder will Vincent become a regular cast member like Stephen? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement