Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,823 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

'How often do you get to see Oisín?'

Wha? I don't recall Paul ever even mentioning an Oisín...

That is his son with Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

jluv wrote: »
    How long has Jo been wearing that top and(very ugly) skirt. I know she changes into the T shirt for work but she never looks clean to me..

Don't know about Jo, but Maeve (Dermot's ex) and Vivs young wan come to mind..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

It amazes me how FC take on a token 'ethnic' character every now and again, use the character in a race-related plot line and then...the character disappears. The show is set in present day Dublin, but you'd find more black actors on 'heartbeat'.

remember Ashti ? The Kurdish refugee in 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That is his son with Nicola

Would love to see her in the show again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Oisin

242962.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

He appears from time to time.

He is of course a massive pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

ah here....pauls a role model for us baldies leave ih out!!!!
    Paul is a baldy with a difference a cone head :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Ben is a bit long in the tooth to have his daddy tuck him in at night :rolleyes:
    What's his breakfast menu that Dermot comes to cook it for him most youngsters I know hardly have any breakfast and if they do it's something quick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

nice_very wrote: »
    promotion of the grabenning grrrrrrrrrrrrr would'nt expect anything less than govt promotion from rte, I wonder what Stephen would say?

What does "promotion of the grabenning grrrrrrrrrrrrr" mean?:confused: I Googled it up but the only reference I got was yours nice_very!

Whatever it means I am sure that Stephen (the Best Bloody Barman Bar None) would have something very insightful and thought provoking to say about it!:cool:

Stephen as always was simply superb in tonights episode the way he was explaining to his boss Orla how to pull a pint properly!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Ben is a bit long in the tooth to have his daddy tuck him in at night :rolleyes:
    What's his breakfast menu that Dermot comes to cook it for him most youngsters I know hardly have any breakfast and if they do it's something quick.

Freshly squeezed orange juice
    muesli
    homemade fresh brown bread
    Jam or marmalade
    Natural yogurt
    Tea or milk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Rachel must have got that big blingy neck lace from MR T

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

maurv1 wrote: »
    muesli
    Jam or marmalade
    Natural yogurt
    Tea or milk

I read recently that museli may not be as healthy as we thought it was supposed to be.

I love the sound of the rice crispies when you pour the milk over them. (oh and the rice crispy buns ...yum, yum) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Hitchens wrote: »
    (oh and the rice crispy buns ...yum, yum) :)

Have you ever tried making them with coco pops?:)

I am recording FC until the Jo/Dermot saga is over, so I can fast forward their scenes. Talk about lazy script writing - "what's best for Ben" is in almost all of their lines. It is making any scene with them in it competely idiotic and unwatchable.

cofy wrote: »
    Have you ever tried making them with coco pops?:)

No, but it sounds like a runner alright ;)

The dreary spectre of a Charlie Kelly storyline raised it's ugly head in tonight's episode :(

padd b1975 wrote: »
    He is of course a massive pain in the hole.

He was an obnoxious, precocious little git. But I blame his ma Nicola.

Cass must have been doing a bit of research on Google.

https://pantherfile.uwm.edu/michael/www/choctaw/hiberian.html

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

Sam Kade wrote: »

Perhaps the actor who plays Ben is better than I thought - his performance as a spoilt, needy brat is so convincing that I'm beginning to imagine him to be at least as insufferable in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

Ah c'mon now folks, we must think of Ben. (If I hear that name one more time, I will scream) Please, please get rid of Ama. She bores me to death, and adds nothing to the show. :mad:

saw charlie kelly last night for 2 sec (fell asleep) such a bore

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

we had posh academic charlie last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Who is Ben's birth mother? I think the dad is the doctor who was married to Renee's daughter at some stage.

• Advertisement

maurv1 wrote: »
    muesli
    Jam or marmalade
    Natural yogurt
    Tea or milk
    I once had black forest gateau for breakfast:o

In my defence, it needed eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Am I living a sheltered life or is this Ama backstory completely unbelievable.. An Irish family (a doctor!) keeping her as a servant. I know this stuff happens but I would hazard a guess that in almost every case both parties are not Irish and there's definitely no doctors involved??

Her delivery is terrible and she is totally unlikeable as a character. Very annoying!

On a side note, does anybody remember Suzanne's boyfriend Morgan and his mate Pete (the Irish racists from Foxrock!) who beat up Joshua Udenze?

Am I living a sheltered life or is this Ama backstory completely unbelievable.. An Irish family (a doctor!) keeping her as a servant. I know this stuff happens but I would hazard a guess that in almost every case both parties are not Irish and there's definitely no doctors involved??

Her delivery is terrible and she is totally unlikeable as a character. Very annoying!

On a side note, does anybody remember Suzanne's boyfriend Morgan and his mate Pete (the Irish racists from Foxrock!) who beat up Joshua Udenze?
    I think its becoming obvious that Ama was working as a prostitute.

Terrible actress to be honest, but she can only work with the cliché and stereotypical drival thats written for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

What does "promotion of the grabenning grrrrrrrrrrrrr" mean?:confused: I Googled it up but the only reference I got was yours nice_very!

Whatever it means I am sure that Stephen (the Best Bloody Barman Bar None) would have something very insightful and thought provoking to say about it!:cool:

Stephen as always was simply superb in tonights episode the way he was explaining to his boss Orla how to pull a pint properly!;)

the grabenning, sometimes called the gathering, a year long govt initiative to "bring home" the Irish diaspora to spend money and boost the economy... all the while thousands of young educated people are fleeing the country :mad:

900 posts woot!

nice_very wrote: »
    the grabenning, sometimes called the gathering, a year long govt initiative to "bring home" the Irish diaspora to spend money and boost the economy... all the while thousands of young educated people are fleeing the country :mad:

900 posts woot!
    yeah ship off the doleys and bring in the spenders!

Shamrock21 wrote: »
    Christy's sex face looks great!
    arrrgh imagine vals sex gurning!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Ama should take her jacket off for once.She must be smelling up the place with BO.I want to see the sweaty curves.

Was Cass alive in the famine!!!!He has no place in the show just rambling on about rubbish every now and then.

I want to see the sweaty curves.

Now .... that's one of the weirder statements I've seen in this forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

dixiedan wrote: »
    Now .... that's one of the weirder statements I've seen in this forum :D

Stick around.... :)

I'm not a big fan of the Ama story-line, but I've been on the forum long enough to know that we ALWAYS hate new characters for about two months. PC or not, it's good to see some non-Irish faces. A few Poles or Czechs would add to the mix nicely.

On another note, is Orla going to go after Paul when she realises he's rich? She has a history of it.

• Advertisement

is Orla going to go after Paul when she realises he's rich? She has a history of it.

I think the writers may be setting up a Dermot/Orla scenario. Dermot gets to keep Ben in a custody battle, and Orla's biological clock must be ticking fairly loud by now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement