Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

Hitchens wrote: »

I think the writers may be setting up a Dermot/Orla scenario. Dermot gets to keep Ben in a custody battle, and Orla's biological clock must be ticking fairly loud by now :)
    I think Paul will go to prison over the financial shenanigans...where he will meet up with Barry...and they have a jailbird romance. It's so obvious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I think the writers may be setting up a Dermot/Orla scenario. Dermot gets to keep Ben in a custody battle, and Orla's biological clock must be ticking fairly loud by now :)
    I hope Dermot & Orla do get together actually. They seem to get on well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

More of charlie and cass's nonsence tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 zimzum55

Dermots getting as much use outa that coat as Columbo did

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Oh shut that feckin child up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Dermot has permanently watery eyes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 zimzum55

Muzzle that kid

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

Niamh has beautiful hair. Apart from the gorgeous colour, it is so healthy and glossy.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Anyone spot that Flynn's car was left hand drive

wordsmithi wrote: »
    Niamh has beautiful hair. Apart from the gorgeous colour, it is so healthy and glossy.

Isn't hair actually dead though? I remember reading that it was, I'm nearly sure I did anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Isn't hair actually dead though? I remember reading that it was, I'm nearly sure I did anyway

I'd prefer dead hair to a lively head like Medeusa had :)

Niamh's hair is lovely alright

I don't know if hair is dead or alive. Give Gary Kavanagh or someone in the know a bell about that one!

Dead or alive, Niamh's hair is in beautiful condition. Just an observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Here's an idea...Niamh should get her hair cut and get a decent amount off. The cuttings could then be saved and turned into a hairpiece for Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Tisserand wrote: »
    Anyone spot that Flynn's car was left hand drive

And he was listed first in the closing credits. As "Flynn". No Christian name.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    And he was listed first in the closing credits. As "Flynn". No Christian name.

he could be a Muslim or a Buddhist ...maybe :rolleyes:

On a side note, does anybody remember Suzanne's boyfriend Morgan and his mate Pete (the Irish racists from Foxrock!) who beat up Joshua Udenze?

I think he eventually set fire to the house and Joshua (or was his name Gabriel?? ) died .

I'm pretty certain that the guy who played Pete was one of Pat Shorts barfly mates in Killinaskully.

On another side note, read in the papaer today that Suzanne is being axed from Fair City (and I don't mean that Damo/Bella/Yvonne/Mark..take your pick.. lost the rag and gave her a few belts of an axe).

dixiedan wrote: »
    Here's an idea...Niamh should get her hair cut and get a decent amount off. The cuttings could then be saved and turned into a hairpiece for Paul.[/QUOTE

Stop, trying to give me nightmares! :eek:

dixiedan wrote: »
    I think he eventually set fire to the house and Joshua (or was his name Gabriel?? ) died .

I'm pretty certain that the guy who played Pete was one of Pat Shorts barfly mates in Killinaskully.

The father Gabriel died.

Pete was indeed in Killinaskully.

Sinister.

On another side note, read in the papaer today that Suzanne is being axed from Fair City (and I don't mean that Damo/Bella/Yvonne/Mark..take your pick.. lost the rag and gave her a few belts of an axe).[/QUOTE]

Suzanne was one of the original cast wasn't she? There are a few who should follow her too. (Damo should breathe a sigh of relief)

Jimmy and Timmy were the mates at the bar.

Timmy was played by Joe Rooney and Jimmy was played by Jack Walsh.
    Can't remember the actor (FC Pete) in it at all. He did play the vicar in Glenroe, a show, which is not that different from Killinascully. Both comedies really.

• Advertisement

He is only known as Flynn to us the audience. No one seems to use his first name when speaking to the git.

His christening must have been interesting! assuming he was ahem christened.

wordsmithi wrote: »

On another side note, read in the papaer today that Suzanne is being axed from Fair City (and I don't mean that Damo/Bella/Yvonne/Mark..take your pick.. lost the rag and gave her a few belts of an axe).

Suzanne was one of the original cast wasn't she? Since she was 8 years age I think There are a few who should follow her too.

Jimmy and Timmy were the mates at the bar.

Timmy was played by Joe Rooney and Jimmy was played by Jack Walsh.
    Can't remember the actor (FC Pete) in it at all.Different Pete (worked for Leo as a taxi driver) in the Gabriel storyline years ago

He did play the vicar in Glenroe Yep...that is the modern Pete as in the Pete/Dolly storyline, a show, which is not that different from Killinascully. Both comedies really.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 86,823 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How come Paul hasnt tried to sell his own shares in the garage to Wayne or Dolores now he is minted :rolleyes:

jjf1974 wrote: »
    More of charlie and cass's nonsence tonight.

They're both a pain in the h0le !!

As are Jo/Dermot/Benny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Yes.. I completely forgot about the fella who played 'my mate Pete'. It was indeed the guy from Killinascully (not Joe Rooney).

Joshua was Gabriel's son, had a ghetto Laindin accent and was as wooden as they come. He went on to be a Hollywood star in Mama Mia - I have no idea what part he played as I've never seen it.

I genuinely thought FC production was improving, but this Ama character is dragging us back to the dark old days.

Nothing to do with her race or anything else, they have made a character the audience should be sympathetic to absolutely detestable.

Remember the guy who lived with Keith, was African-Irish? He was on here bigging himself upand was caught red handed?

Would love some immigrant cast members, but at least give us ones who are actual actors?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I remember the Udenze family story. Wasn't a bad old arc actually. The father died when the house they had bought, and he stayed the night in since he left the windows open to vent the paint fumes, was burned down by Pete (who indeed was Jimmy in Killinascully) and Suzanne's then-boyfriend Morgan, who later hung himself in his cell. The mother and daughter returned to London and the son went out with Louise (which I think was the root of the conflict) and ran Bela's old shop, before disappearing off the face of the earth with no proper outro of mention.

Now-Pete's tech buddy who was middle eastern and whose name escapes me, also vanished

Then there was that friend of Leo(?)'s who had the immigrant wife he was abusing; both of whom just stopped appearing with no resolution. Then of course there was Leo's own wife Lana who after having a decent stint on the show was unceremoniously killed offscreen a year after an out-of-nowhere, but at least acknowledged, disappearance. Also her brother(?) who hung about for a while and courted Dolly before also disappearing without comment

Then there was Dermot's sponging eastern European secretary who had a filler storyline that served no purpose.

And last but not least, the INVASION of Russians into Carrigstown during Sylvester Garrigan's tenure, who all vanished when the arc ended.

Fair City has an awful habit of having characters drop off the earth without acknowledgement, but nowhere is this more egregious than with non-white or non-Irish characters who the writer's don't know what do do with when their establishing storyline is over.

On a side note, speaking of vanishing characters, whatever happened to that guy who rivalled Dermish on a lot of things and then found out his son was dating his illegitimate daughter?

Side side note: the above reminded me, feckin' Bela's Bazaar man, makes Dolly's charity shop look like Brown Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mike hunt Jnr

Jikashi wrote: »

Now-Pete's tech buddy who was middle eastern and whose name escapes me, also vanished

I was only thinking of that fella think his name was Avi. He popped up out of nowhere,set up a business with Pete then vanished. Must of sold his shares to damo.

If I remember right I think ray had a Brazilian bird once who was clearly played by an Irish bird putting on a terrible accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I remember the Udenze family story. Wasn't a bad old arc actually. The father died when the house they had bought, and he stayed the night in since he left the windows open to vent the paint fumes, was burned down by Pete (who indeed was Jimmy in Killinascully) and Suzanne's then-boyfriend Morgan, who later hung himself in his cell. The mother and daughter returned to London and the son went out with Louise (which I think was the root of the conflict) and ran Bela's old shop, before disappearing off the face of the earth with no proper outro of mention.

Then there was that friend of Leo(?)'s who had the immigrant wife he was abusing; both of whom just stopped appearing with no resolution. Then of course there was Leo's own wife Lana who after having a decent stint on the show was unceremoniously killed offscreen a year after an out-of-nowhere, but at least acknowledged, disappearance. Also her brother(?) who hung about for a while and courted Dolly before also disappearing without comment

Then there was Dermot's sponging eastern European secretary who had a filler storyline that served no purpose.

And last but not least, the INVASION of Russians into Carrigstown during Sylvester Garrigan's tenure, who all vanished when the arc ended.

Fair City has an awful habit of having characters drop off the earth without acknowledgement, but nowhere is this more egregious than with non-white or non-Irish characters who the writer's don't know what do do with when their establishing storyline is over.

On a side note, speaking of vanishing characters, whatever happened to that guy who rivalled Dermish on a lot of things and then found out his son was dating his illegitimate daughter?

Side side note: the above reminded me, feckin' Bela's Bazaar man, makes Dolly's charity shop look like Brown Thomas

Great memory guys. Brilliant!

I think Dermot's rival was Seamus Mannion - a fellow Councillor?

Remember there was a week or two where there was some sort of spin off which iirc involved Mannion. There was a brand new cast of characters for a week or two. Colin O'Donoghue (The Rite, Captain Hook from ABC's Once Upon a Time) played the son.

Mind is a bit foggy on the details.. Remember it being weird though?

Actually did it involve McAleers daughter rather than Mannion's?

Remember the guy who lived with Keith, was African-Irish? He was on here bigging himself upand was caught red handed?
    ?

Felix! Bad actor.

• Advertisement

Great post.
    Joshua was dating the pre-recast and non-plastic Louise.
    Avi was the computer whizz kid.
    Tim was the taxi driver / control freak. His wife Olga. Sergei was Lana's bro.

The Seamus Mannion story. Let me see. He had an unknown child as a result of a long-ago affair. The lady in question died suddenly. Not sure if he discovered the daughter before or after her mother died. Her name was Ciara and I am pretty sure she was re-cast. Big into study but the pressure might have got to her. Yes - she did start seeing Mannion's son. Mannion's long-suffering red-headed wife previously appeared in Fair City as Dr Bowen back in 1989.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement