Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Anybody notice when Dermo was in Father Ted's room last night pinning up the picture, he was still wearing his wedding ring? Surely he would have thrown that away months ago :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Great post.
    Joshua was dating the pre-recast and non-plastic Louise.
    Avi was the computer whizz kid.
    Tim was the taxi driver / control freak. His wife Olga. Sergei was Lana's bro.

The Seamus Mannion story. Let me see. He had an unknown child as a result of a long-ago affair. The lady in question died suddenly. Not sure if he discovered the daughter before or after her mother died. Her name was Ciara and I am pretty sure she was re-cast. Big into study but the pressure might have got to her. Yes - she did start seeing Mannion's son. Mannion's long-suffering red-headed wife previously appeared in Fair City as Dr Bowen back in 1989.

Thanks for filling in the blanks. And to a previous poster, I had forgotten Felix, the social worker guy who also disappeared, but he only really existed to bring in the Faheys foster kids. Which brings another question as to why they brought back that foster daughter just to have her as an extra with a name in Christy's shop?

I don't think that girl's mother died. I might be getting my characters mixed up but wasn't her mother a teacher under Principal Barry, who had an affair with a student who then accidentally left ecstacy on Dolores' carpet and her daughter ate them and died and Harry Molloy beat the guy to death and Barry was a suspect and then he did a stint in the loony bin while Harry disappeared and committed suicide offscreen, now with the recently added point of Lucy-bedding-but-we-don't-know-for-sure-cos-she's-nutterbutters? (phew)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

The father Gabriel died.

Pete was indeed in Killinaskully.
    They used to sell knock off sports gear in bellas arcade!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,823 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I love how Wayne thinks he is boss of the Halpin house, no strays yet he brought Lucy there to live :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Jikashi wrote: »
    I don't think that girl's mother died. I might be getting my characters mixed up but wasn't her mother a teacher under Principal Barry, who had an affair with a student who then accidentally left ecstacy on Dolores' carpet and her daughter ate them and died and Harry Molloy beat the guy to death and Barry was a suspect and then he did a stint in the loony bin while Harry disappeared and committed suicide offscreen, now with the recently added point of Lucy-bedding-but-we-don't-know-for-sure-cos-she's-nutterbutters? (phew)

The daughter in that scenario was Jenny. Different characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Jikashi wrote: »

If I remember right I think ray had a Brazilian bird once who was clearly played by an Irish bird putting on a terrible accent.
    She was played by his real life partner, her name in the show was Francesca.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Paddy001 wrote: »
    Anybody notice when Dermo was in Father Ted's room last night pinning up the picture, he was still wearing his wedding ring? Surely he would have thrown that away months ago :confused:

Well spotted Paddy001 but perhaps Dermish found the ring in the room....the ring that Father Ted lost when he was dreaming of his "Lovely Horse"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Why did Ben draw a family pic with a couple of other people in it and who are they? I know Paul Brennan had another child doesn't he, I'm trying to think does Jo or Dermot but I don't recall either of them having any other kids?

Does Niamh Brennan only have the 1 black dress for every single episode?

When are Orla & Dermot gonna get a room?!? I'm sick looking at them! :pac:

Was Mr. Flynn in something else in a similar role as a Baddie, anyone know? Or maybe he could just have that familiar look about him.

/endofquiz :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Why did Ben draw a family pic with a couple of other people in it and who are they? I know Paul Brennan had another child doesn't he, I'm trying to think does Jo or Dermot but I don't recall either of them having any other kids? They used to foster kids.

Does Niamh Brennan only have the 1 black dress for every single episode? This is a neverending issue here

Do you mean get a life or move in together ? :eek:

Was Mr. Flynn in something else in a similar role as a Baddie, anyone know? Or maybe he could just have that familiar look about him.
    Don't really know

/endofquiz :cool:[/QUO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

dixiedan wrote: »
    Why did Ben draw a family pic with a couple of other people in it and who are they? I know Paul Brennan had another child doesn't he, I'm trying to think does Jo or Dermot but I don't recall either of them having any other kids? They used to foster kids. Paul's other kid is Oisin. Ben and Jo fostered Kelly and Zoe and Ben has a half sister he knows nothing about (Eleanor, the bould Renee's granddaughter) Also Ben's mother (Deirdre) hooked up with Ken (Dermot's brother) so he could have half cousin/siblings aswell off screen.

Does Niamh Brennan only have the 1 black dress for every single episode? This is a neverending issue here

Do you mean get a life or move in together ? :eek:

Was Mr [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"](Thomas)[/COLOR] Flynn in something else in a similar role as a Baddie, anyone know? Or maybe he could just have that familiar look about him.
    Don't really know I[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"][COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]ts Don Baker - Irish singer/musician. He was in an episode of Love/Hate and was in the film In the Name of the Father. [/COLOR][/COLOR]

/endofquiz :cool:[/QUO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I wonder will they bring Lucy back with a bump, claiming that it is Wayne's. Then keep the story running for 3 months and when the child is born it turns out that Lucy got pregnant by AI through some witless doner.

As for Dermots wedding ring, maybe the actor is married in real life and forgot to take off the ring or maybe, this is what is deluding Jo into thinking that their marriage may have a chance - if so DERMISH take off the bloody ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Why did Ben draw a family pic with a couple of other people in it and who are they? I know Paul Brennan had another child doesn't he, I'm trying to think does Jo or Dermot but I don't recall either of them having any other kids?

Does Niamh Brennan only have the 1 black dress for every single episode?

/endofquiz :cool:

Flynn is acted by Don Baker who is a musician and also acted "in the film In the Name of the Father (1993). He featured in the role of "Joe McAndrew", the head of the IRA in the prison where Gerry Conlon (Guildford Four) was detained. The movie, directed by Jim Sheridan, starred Daniel Day-Lewis, Emma Thompson and Pete Postlethwaite. Don has since had many successful roles including "Mia, Liebe meines Lebens" (1998), starring alongside Claudia Cardinale and On the Nose (2001), starring alongside Dan Ackryod and Robbie Coltrane. " (Taken from imdp.com)

I'm sure I've seen him on the Late Late Show too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

how come big Ears and Paul and Niamh have never asked to see any paperwork with regard to their investments with Eddie? Surely a QFA would be obliged to provide documents and benefit statements? And why would you give someone your bank account details to transfer the funds?

Oh wait, I forgot, this is Fair City ...

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

how come big Ears and Paul and Niamh have never asked to see any paperwork with regard to their investments with Eddie? Surely a QFA would be obliged to provide documents and benefit statements? And why would you give someone your bank account details to transfer the funds?

Isn't it because they're both idiots? They know nothing about stocks and investments, but they're too arrogant to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dermot is looking more like a sex offender by the day, Jo should just call the cops and say her ex is freaking her out hanging around the house in a rain coat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Dermot wears his wedding ring all the time - he was in the cafe and the pub and the house wearing it. Odd!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

amtc wrote: »
    Dermot wears his wedding ring all the time - he was in the cafe and the pub and the house wearing it. Odd!

That is no wedding but an ecclesiastical ring which Dermot found in Father Teds bedroom. Now this ring could belong to any of the Fathers Ted, Dougal or Jack but my bet is that it formerly belonged to Bishop Len Brennan which he lost when Father Ted kicked him up the arse.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

dixiedan wrote: »
    Suzanne was one of the original cast wasn't she? Since she was 8 years age I think There are a few who should follow her too.

Jimmy and Timmy were the mates at the bar.

Timmy was played by Joe Rooney and Jimmy was played by Jack Walsh.
    Can't remember the actor (FC Pete) in it at all.Different Pete (worked for Leo as a taxi driver) in the Gabriel storyline years ago

He did play the vicar in Glenroe Yep...that is the modern Pete as in the Pete/Dolly storyline, a show, which is not that different from Killinascully. Both comedies really.
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was involved in the fire which is a long time ago. Wasn't Suzanne's boyfriend involved and he took his own life inside of prison _Morgan.
    The twosome were briefly in the soap. Remember that "Pete" now. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Red does stand out. Good to see your points.

amtc wrote: »

He can't get the damn thing off!!

Dermot is looking more like a sex offender by the day, Jo should just call the cops and say her ex is freaking her out hanging around the house in a rain coat

He reminds me of Inspector Clouseau from The Pink Panther!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

happyday wrote: »
    Flynn is acted by Don Baker who is a musician and also acted "in the film In the Name of the Father (1993). He featured in the role of "Joe McAndrew", the head of the IRA in the prison where Gerry Conlon (Guildford Four) was detained. The movie, directed by Jim Sheridan, starred Daniel Day-Lewis, Emma Thompson and Pete Postlethwaite. Don has since had many successful roles including "Mia, Liebe meines Lebens" (1998), starring alongside Claudia Cardinale and On the Nose (2001), starring alongside Dan Ackryod and Robbie Coltrane. " (Taken from imdp.com)

I'm sure I've seen him on the Late Late Show too.

Yeah he has done a good few movies but he is primarily known as a musician and in blues circles he is largely accepted to be one of the best harmonica players in the world. I remember seeing him play the harmonica live before in a pub in Dublin (think it was JJ Smyths)- the things he can do with that instrument are absolutely amazing. He as also written five or six books on playing the harmonica and has a few DVD's too.

He was born and raised in Sherriff Street, he's a real salt of the earth inner city boy done good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Ama, you didnt clean up the dishes"
    "I.get.my.bag"
    "Ama, what's the weather like today"
    "I.get.my.bag"

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

"Ama, you didnt clean up the dishes"
    "I.get.my.bag"
    "Ama, what's the weather like today"
    "I.get.my.bag"

:D

If only she would...then take the next bus outta' town.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Who'd expect the story line to go link this.. (Decco)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Fair City is insufferable at the moment. So many detestable characters in the show, between Charlie, Wayne, Paul, Pete, Jo, Ama, Ben, Eddie I really can't decide who I hate more and I am probably leaving someone out at that.

I think Wayne is just about winning it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 zimzum55

Gary.....fine traditional Native American name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

How many times do Cass and Charlie have to play out the same predictable nonsense..?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

So....what's the Choctaw for "Charlie..you're a pompous old fart"?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 zimzum55

He'll shove a harmonica up ur jacksie Eddie....trust me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

I learned from the closing credits that Gary White Deer, obviously, played himself. His website is under construction.

http://garywhitedeer.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement