Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Shamrock21 wrote: »
    Honestly your all a bunch of morons if you cannot see that Ama has been written the biggest lump of ****e script that has ever been created inFC! Don't question her acting skills before then

Ama: I don't need you to defend me and cause problems, I will go *goes for coat and backpack for hundred time*

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

vektarman wrote: »
    Sorry Damien..
    :D:D
    Jikashi wrote: »
    Ama: I don't need you to defend me and cause problems, I will go *goes for coat and backpack for hundred time*

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would have thought Bob and Carol would have visited Christy by now and shouldnt Val contact Renee and Farrah to inform them?

and bring back Farrah #4? No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

don't worry Judy ...Blackie's door is always open :pac:

romany_fmps_2007.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    and bring back Farrah #4? No thanks!

what did the 4 Farrah looked like? I think I remember 3rd started in a comedy show with Ed Byrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I met both Val and Cass in the last week.. It was in a work environment so I wasn't able to chat with them about FC :o but chatted about work (his) in general to Eamon Morrissey..

For the record, both were extremely nice!

Yes, I am easily pleased! :)

An observation from last week - Damien came down from his room and asked Ama what was going on outside.. How on earth did he not hear the sirens right outside his window..?

As for Shamrock21's comments, there are thousands of examples of terrible movie scripts portrayed by good actors - a bad script doesn't make you a terrible actor. Ama is totally wooden and unnatural on screen that's not the scripts fault.. :o

An observation from last week - Damien came down from his room and asked Ama what was going on outside.. How on earth did he not hear the sirens right outside his window..?

triple glazing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

wordsmithi wrote: »
    The doctor is a brother of the actor who plays Bob Charles.
    his hands were way to shakey for a head doc!!!

Also as soon as christy came too, val grabbed his mothf0ckin head??? what's up with that???

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

That guy is the most unlikely looking Doctor and the hair 'do'....please!
    Definitely not in the same league as his bro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,822 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was expecting Judy to jump on the next Dillion brother or dig up the father's corpse and jump on that too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

mtjm wrote: »
    what did the 4 Farrah looked like? I think I remember 3rd started in a comedy show with Ed Byrne

sorry. There's only three. But if she was summoned I'd imagine she'd be recast yet again.

Farrah #2 was in The Cassidys with Ed Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Shamrock21

I met both Val and Cass in the last week.. It was in a work environment so I wasn't able to chat with them about FC :o but chatted about work (his) in general to Eamon Morrissey..

For the record, both were extremely nice!

Yes, I am easily pleased! :)

As for Shamrock21's comments, there are thousands of examples of terrible movie scripts portrayed by good actors - a bad script doesn't make you a terrible actor. Ama is totally wooden and unnatural on screen that's not the scripts fault.. :o
    She's not choosing to "get her bag" every two minutes.... Granted she's not a great actor but I think there would only be a certain amount of times that Al Pacino could tell us he's going to get his bag and we wouldn't find it boring and tedious and still manage to make it look natural

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    sorry. There's only three. But if she was summoned I'd imagine she'd be recast yet again.

Farrah #2 was in The Cassidys with Ed Byrne.

One of the Farrah's played Fran's wife in Love/Hate if my memory serves me correctly. I didn't see Series 1 but she was definitely in Series 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Val's hairdresser should be shot, what's with the streak of dirty blonde at the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

annapanna wrote: »
    Val's hairdresser should be shot, what's with the streak of dirty blonde at the back
    Talking of hair, the young fella that works in Christys, he got a haircut mid episode yesterday and now it's grown back again!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Did anyone else expect to see a halo form around Christy's head as he launched into his "One of you has betrayed me!" spiel? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Why was Eddie at a staff dressing down?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

yes, but luckily for Eddie, Christy didn't see him, he'd his back to him all the time!! Pure panto - "he's behind you", "wha??" "he's behind you" etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

spoilers up to next tuesday...
    Decco is accused of attacking Christy
    Airs Wednesday, Mar 13 2013 at 20:00

In Phelans, it becomes apparent to all that Christy's paranoia is growing. Sean becomes suspicious of Decco when Deegan says that someone close to an employee could have stolen the keys and memorised the alarm code. He becomes even more annoyed when Val points the finger at Kelly.

Later, Decco calls into the shop and he bonds with Christy about being attacked. When Christy tells him that he's not sleeping, Decco runs to his house and gets DVDs. However, when he returns, Sean accuses him of breaking in. Decco begins to look suspicious and Christy questions Decco. Eddie arrives in and then Decco makes matters worse when he threatens Sean. Decco leaves the shop with everyone thinking he is guilty.

In McCoys, a humiliated Decco is frozen out by the community. Furious, he bumps into Eddie and tells him that he better end Sean's accusations or he's taking him down.

Meanwhile, Dermot and Jo go to their mediation. It starts smoothly, but old wounds are re-opened when they talk about Jo's affair. Dermot loses his temper and tells Jo that she doesn't deserve Ben. Later, Jo tells Orla that Dermot attacked her and Dermot realises that he crossed the line.

Elsewhere, Ray tells Paul that he needs to go to the dentist at lunch time and won't be able to work on a car that needs to be fixed. Paul is suspicious, but doesn't realise that Ray is going on a lunch date with Vivienne. They meet in Vinos and everything is going well until Paul arrives in and catches Ray out on his lie. Vivienne is secretly pleased that he wanted to see her that much. Ray is also caught between a rock and a hard place when he wants to support Sean's theory about Decco but doesn't want to upset Vivienne.

Also today, Tommy's anger bubbles over at breakfast and a fed-up Zak tells them that he won't be having breakfast with them or eating dinner. This leaves an upset Judith to wonder what she can do to fix things.

A devious Eddie frames Sean
    Airs Thursday, Mar 14 2013 at 20:00

Eddie realises that he must act quickly to move suspicion away from Decco. Eddie tells him to stay away from the Phelans for the next few hours as he's going to do something. He then goes into Phelans staff quarters and plants money and his wallet in Sean's locker. Going out to the shop, Eddie pretends to Christy that his wallet has been stolen. Christy, who is on high alert, closes the store and calls all employees into the staff quarters.

Sean is shocked when Christy checks everyone's locker and Eddie's wallet and money is found in his. He is incredulous that Christy believes he would do this and insists he has been framed. Christy calls Deegan to the shop and Sean is questioned, but he is still claiming that Decco set him up. However, when Deegan asks him where he was the night of the robbery, he is caught out on a lie by saying he was with a friend when he was on his own. Deegan arrests Sean and takes him away in handcuffs.

Meanwhile, Judith tries her best to please Tommy, but he keeps referencing Luke and pushing her away. She continues her charm offensive on Tommy. Later, Tommy sees Judith crying in the kitchen but leaves her on her own.

Elsewhere, Dermot gets the cold shoulder from Jo, so Paul asks him out for a pint to cheer him up. Dermot begins to feel lonely and realises that he can't face returning to the B&B. After a few drinks, he calls to his house and demands to see Ben. Jo tells him he stinks of drink, but relents when Dermot breaks down and tells her how much he misses his son.

Also today, Ray finally picks up enough courage and asks a delighted Vivienne out on a date. He is forced to defend the Bishops and feels protective over Vivienne

Christy's attitude leaves Sean crushed
    Airs Sunday, Mar 17 2013 at 20:00

Eddie and Val stop a worried Sean from seeing Christy. Val then makes matters worse when she clashes with Niamh over the situation. Christy refuses to engage when Niamh questions whether he believes Sean.

In Vino's, a small group of people gather to support Sean, but he is sad that Christy isn't there. Later, Sean begs Christy to listen to him, but Christy tells Sean that he doesn't believe him. Sean informs Christy that he was like the dad he never had and is distraught that he won't see that he has been set up.

Meanwhile, though Eddie tries to convince Decco that everything is working, Decco demands that the transfer of Chariot be speeded up. Later, he meets with Decco's lawyer and transfers Chariot to Decco, much to the Bishops' delight. However, he then gets a call from his broker to say that he has lost all the money. A shocked Eddie tells him that it can't be true. Decco overhears this and laughs, telling him that he signed over Chariot too fast. He leaves a shaken Eddie to wonder what his next move is going to be.

Elsewhere, Tommy punishes Judith by depriving her of time with Zak. He also doesn't stop making her feel guilty about her decisions.

Also today, Dermot vows to fight Jo for custody of Ben, while Orla encourages Ray to persevere with Vivienne and not to give up so easily.

Paddy Bishop arrives in Carrigstown
    Airs Tuesday, Mar 19 2013 at 20:00 GMT

Ray is thrilled when Vivienne invites him over for dinner. With Zumo, Decco and Charlotte out for the evening, Vivienne promises a quiet house. Ray turns up for dinner with flowers and wine, but his romantic plans are scuppered when he sees that Charlotte and Decco have decided to stay in for the evening. Their date night goes from bad to worse with the arrival of an unexpected visitor - Paddy Bishop. Vivienne sends Ray home immediately.

Decco and Charlotte are shocked to see their father out of prison. This is Vivienne's worst nightmare, so she rings Zumo to come home and get rid of Paddy. Charlotte is fascinated to see her father for the first time, and Decco quickly forgives Paddy for deserting him in prison. Zumo rushes home and punches Paddy, warning him to stay away from Vivienne and Charlotte.

Meanwhile, Eddie is anxious over how Flynn will react over the lost money. Eddie feels the pressure when Wayne and Flynn come calling for their windfall. Wayne tells Dolores to expect the money by the close of business on Wednesday. Later, Eddie takes Wayne aside to persuade him to get Dolores to invest again. Eddie then winds up Decco over his father being out of prison. Decco makes him regret his jibes when he marches straight up to Wayne and tells him that Eddie has lost all his money.

Elsewhere, Ama feels pressured by Wayne to contribute towards the house. She finds a way to bring in some money - selling wipes for windscreens. Wayne feels bad when he hears what Ama had to do to get some money in. Damien finds her an alternative job, ironing for Ray and Deegan! Ama fights the tears back at the injustice of where she finds herself.

Also today, Ray gives Christy the cold shoulder in Phelans over his treatment of Sean, Sean vows to clear his name and make whoever framed him pay, while Judith and Tommy hope to overcome their difficulties.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Did anyone else expect to see a halo form around Christy's head as he launched into his "One of you has betrayed me!" spiel? :rolleyes:
    The church will sue fair city for plagiarism

was there a slight rumble of thunder when he said it? :D

Yes that made no sense but when does FC :rolleyes:

So sick of the Dillions and the Faheys

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Didn't know that Christ's shop had so many staff. Apart from Sean, they all seemed so dumbstruck with Christy's rant, they couldn't open their mouths :rolleyes:

I wish Val would just fook off for good , and while she's at it bring the Dillons, Faheys , Charlie, Esther, Cass, Wayne and his mammy with her!

dixiedan wrote: »
    Didn't know that Christ's shop had so many staff. Apart from Sean, they all seemed so dumbstruck with Christy's rant, they couldn't open their mouths :rolleyes:

I want to know where was Fergal :p hiding under the tree

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

When is the dillon and fahy marraige break up stories ever going to end ?Where's carol gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

What is it with fair city and wedding ring bloopers

I've never noticed it before but tonight Ray was wearing a wedding ring

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Seriously???

Talk about sterotyping a illegal immigrant
    , Ama feels pressured by Wayne to contribute towards the house. She finds a way to bring in some money - selling wipes for windscreens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

nice_very wrote: »
    spoilers up to next tuesday...
    Decco is accused of attacking Christy
    Airs Wednesday, Mar 13 2013 at 20:00

In Phelans, it becomes apparent to all that Christy's paranoia is growing. Sean becomes suspicious of Decco when Deegan says that someone close to an employee could have stolen the keys and memorised the alarm code. He becomes even more annoyed when Val points the finger at Kelly.

Later, Decco calls into the shop and he bonds with Christy about being attacked. When Christy tells him that he's not sleeping, Decco runs to his house and gets DVDs. However, when he returns, Sean accuses him of breaking in. Decco begins to look suspicious and Christy questions Decco. Eddie arrives in and then Decco makes matters worse when he threatens Sean. Decco leaves the shop with everyone thinking he is guilty.

In McCoys, a humiliated Decco is frozen out by the community. Furious, he bumps into Eddie and tells him that he better end Sean's accusations or he's taking him down.

Meanwhile, Dermot and Jo go to their mediation. It starts smoothly, but old wounds are re-opened when they talk about Jo's affair. Dermot loses his temper and tells Jo that she doesn't deserve Ben. Later, Jo tells Orla that Dermot attacked her and Dermot realises that he crossed the line.

Elsewhere, Ray tells Paul that he needs to go to the dentist at lunch time and won't be able to work on a car that needs to be fixed. Paul is suspicious, but doesn't realise that Ray is going on a lunch date with Vivienne. They meet in Vinos and everything is going well until Paul arrives in and catches Ray out on his lie. Vivienne is secretly pleased that he wanted to see her that much. Ray is also caught between a rock and a hard place when he wants to support Sean's theory about Decco but doesn't want to upset Vivienne.

Also today, Tommy's anger bubbles over at breakfast and a fed-up Zak tells them that he won't be having breakfast with them or eating dinner. This leaves an upset Judith to wonder what she can do to fix things.

A devious Eddie frames Sean
    Airs Thursday, Mar 14 2013 at 20:00

Eddie realises that he must act quickly to move suspicion away from Decco. Eddie tells him to stay away from the Phelans for the next few hours as he's going to do something. He then goes into Phelans staff quarters and plants money and his wallet in Sean's locker. Going out to the shop, Eddie pretends to Christy that his wallet has been stolen. Christy, who is on high alert, closes the store and calls all employees into the staff quarters.

Sean is shocked when Christy checks everyone's locker and Eddie's wallet and money is found in his. He is incredulous that Christy believes he would do this and insists he has been framed. Christy calls Deegan to the shop and Sean is questioned, but he is still claiming that Decco set him up. However, when Deegan asks him where he was the night of the robbery, he is caught out on a lie by saying he was with a friend when he was on his own. Deegan arrests Sean and takes him away in handcuffs.

Meanwhile, Judith tries her best to please Tommy, but he keeps referencing Luke and pushing her away. She continues her charm offensive on Tommy. Later, Tommy sees Judith crying in the kitchen but leaves her on her own.

Elsewhere, Dermot gets the cold shoulder from Jo, so Paul asks him out for a pint to cheer him up. Dermot begins to feel lonely and realises that he can't face returning to the B&B. After a few drinks, he calls to his house and demands to see Ben. Jo tells him he stinks of drink, but relents when Dermot breaks down and tells her how much he misses his son.

Also today, Ray finally picks up enough courage and asks a delighted Vivienne out on a date. He is forced to defend the Bishops and feels protective over Vivienne

Christy's attitude leaves Sean crushed
    Airs Sunday, Mar 17 2013 at 20:00

Eddie and Val stop a worried Sean from seeing Christy. Val then makes matters worse when she clashes with Niamh over the situation. Christy refuses to engage when Niamh questions whether he believes Sean.

In Vino's, a small group of people gather to support Sean, but he is sad that Christy isn't there. Later, Sean begs Christy to listen to him, but Christy tells Sean that he doesn't believe him. Sean informs Christy that he was like the dad he never had and is distraught that he won't see that he has been set up.

Meanwhile, though Eddie tries to convince Decco that everything is working, Decco demands that the transfer of Chariot be speeded up. Later, he meets with Decco's lawyer and transfers Chariot to Decco, much to the Bishops' delight. However, he then gets a call from his broker to say that he has lost all the money. A shocked Eddie tells him that it can't be true. Decco overhears this and laughs, telling him that he signed over Chariot too fast. He leaves a shaken Eddie to wonder what his next move is going to be.

Elsewhere, Tommy punishes Judith by depriving her of time with Zak. He also doesn't stop making her feel guilty about her decisions.

Also today, Dermot vows to fight Jo for custody of Ben, while Orla encourages Ray to persevere with Vivienne and not to give up so easily.

Paddy Bishop arrives in Carrigstown
    Airs Tuesday, Mar 19 2013 at 20:00 GMT

Ray is thrilled when Vivienne invites him over for dinner. With Zumo, Decco and Charlotte out for the evening, Vivienne promises a quiet house. Ray turns up for dinner with flowers and wine, but his romantic plans are scuppered when he sees that Charlotte and Decco have decided to stay in for the evening. Their date night goes from bad to worse with the arrival of an unexpected visitor - Paddy Bishop. Vivienne sends Ray home immediately.

Decco and Charlotte are shocked to see their father out of prison. This is Vivienne's worst nightmare, so she rings Zumo to come home and get rid of Paddy. Charlotte is fascinated to see her father for the first time, and Decco quickly forgives Paddy for deserting him in prison. Zumo rushes home and punches Paddy, warning him to stay away from Vivienne and Charlotte.

Meanwhile, Eddie is anxious over how Flynn will react over the lost money. Eddie feels the pressure when Wayne and Flynn come calling for their windfall. Wayne tells Dolores to expect the money by the close of business on Wednesday. Later, Eddie takes Wayne aside to persuade him to get Dolores to invest again. Eddie then winds up Decco over his father being out of prison. Decco makes him regret his jibes when he marches straight up to Wayne and tells him that Eddie has lost all his money.

Elsewhere, Ama feels pressured by Wayne to contribute towards the house. She finds a way to bring in some money - selling wipes for windscreens. Wayne feels bad when he hears what Ama had to do to get some money in. Damien finds her an alternative job, ironing for Ray and Deegan! Ama fights the tears back at the injustice of where she finds herself.

Also today, Ray gives Christy the cold shoulder in Phelans over his treatment of Sean, Sean vows to clear his name and make whoever framed him pay, while Judith and Tommy hope to overcome their difficulties.

I have not once read one of these spoilers but since FC has been horrific over the last few months, my arm has been twisted on this occasion. To my horror, I have found that I will be bored to death with
    Joe and dermot and the Dillons
    for another week. Bring back Lucy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

dave1982 wrote: »
    What is it with fair city and wedding ring bloopers

I've never noticed it before but tonight Ray was wearing a wedding ring

He is a widower

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement