Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Not Val, it's Vivenne with this mad blonde bit at the back.

Val has the makeup plastered on - she looks a state.

annapanna wrote: »
    Why was Eddie at a staff dressing down?

my mother said that also :pac:

Did anyone else expect to see a halo form around Christy's head as he launched into his "One of you has betrayed me!" spiel? :rolleyes:

someone quick photoshop his head onto jesus at the last supper please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Vivianne must not have a cooker at home. Twice she was in vinos and then she's coming out of the pig. Nobody eats out that much
    I suspect Viv is Zacks real mother, due the fact they call "cars" "corrs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Shamrock21 wrote: »
    She's not choosing to "get her bag" every two minutes.... Granted she's not a great actor but I think there would only be a certain amount of times that Al Pacino could tell us he's going to get his bag and we wouldn't find it boring and tedious and still manage to make it look natural

So we're not all morons then? :) I didn't bring up the point of her going to get her bag every 5 mins..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

dave1982 wrote: »
    Seriously???

Talk about sterotyping a illegal immigrant

Its a wonder they dont have her walking the streets with roses saying "Flower for lady?"

Every week Alma should get a different stereotype job, next week a chimney sweep etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Every week Alma should get a different stereotype job, next week a chimney sweep etc

Why has she not been given a free pram yet??

:pac:

Boombastic wrote: »

she did but she left it at a bustop as it wouldn't fit on the bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Boombastic wrote: »

That's next week and then she leaves it at the bus stop when getting on the bus and get's another one when she arrives at her destination! :pac:

Great minds Ash.J.Williams!

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    That's next week and then she leaves it at the bus stop when getting on the bus and get's another one when she arrives at her destination! :pac:

16.33 that's incredible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,819 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FC is on at 8.30 tonight as Eastenders is on as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

leahyl wrote: »

Ah Jesus then Prenderville will have be written in to fair city :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Missed last nights episode. How the f**k is Christy walking around the place, he was in a coma on Sunday?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Why haven't they checked whose alarm was last typed in?

Whenever our alarm goes off in the workplace they can tell who was about at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

amtc wrote: »
    Not Val, it's Vivenne with this mad blonde bit at the back.

Val has the makeup plastered on - she looks a state.
    I get mixed up with Val and Viv, both awful looking yokes, totally unbelievable that they pull any men. Mind you Ray....Christy....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

are the scriptwriters trying to inject comedy all the time?

Orla is very funny , good Leo put down!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mike hunt Jnr

I suspect Viv is Zacks real mother, due the fact they call "cars" "corrs"
    Could well be. The dillons are supposed to be from Kilkenny yet all the kids have posh D4 accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Missed last nights episode. How the f**k is Christy walking around the place, he was in a coma on Sunday?!

He wanted to get away from Val I'd say :D

You doing well pookiesboo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Could well be. The dillons are supposed to be from Kilkenny yet all the kids have posh D4 accents.

probably from around the Kilkenny/South Tipp border where the accent is quite similar to the D4 brogue ;)

Hitchens wrote: »
    probably from around the Kilkenny/South Tipp border where the accent is quite similar to the D4 brogue ;)
    Really???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Wednesday times - was 7.30, now 8.30. Annoying.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Wednesday times - was 7.30, now 8.30. Annoying.

fair city is always on at 8pm on wednesday not 7:30pm its only one at 8:30pm because eastenders was on tonight instead of friday becuase of comic relief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

fair city is always on at 8pm on wednesday not 7:30pm its only one at 8:30pm because eastenders was on tonight instead of friday becuase of comic relief

It was on at 7.30 for long enough (a couple of years) before recently settling to 8.00pm. Wasn't it 8.30pm last week as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

dixiedan wrote: »
    Didn't know that Christ's shop had so many staff. Apart from Sean, they all seemed so dumbstruck with Christy's rant, they couldn't open their mouths :rolleyes:

Yeah there were about 10 staff who had to endure Christys rant. It is really amateur hour on Fair City during scenes like these. Like apart from Val, Eddie and Sean in the scene everyone else was an extra. If an extra opens their mouth and says a single word they then become an 'actor' and hence have to be paid a better wage.

But the cheapskates at RTE can't be having that. So instead what we have is a farce of a scene where Christy is outright accusing staff to their face of robbing the shop and putting him in a coma. But they all stand there dumbstruck and don't even bother to defend themselves, like that just wouldn't happen in real life. As if you'd say nothing when someone has just slandered you and accused you of criminal activity in front of all your colleagues.

But this is FC :rolleyes:I feel like I am saying that phrase lately so I might switch off soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

A weird observation, but what was with that gigantic old-ass PC taking up half of the mediator's desk? Put it under the desk and just have the monitor ffs.

Between Christy and Val slandering the staff in public and Paul hunting Ray back to the garage to work time he's entitled to have off regardless of what he does with the time, not to mention the amount of time Yvonne spends badmouthing new hires to customers, if there's ever a human resources manager character put into this show she'll be inundated with complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Leinsterr wrote: »
    I have not once read one of these spoilers but since FC has been horrific over the last few months, my arm has been twisted on this occasion. To my horror, I have found that I will be bored to death with
    Joe and dermot and the Dillons
    for another week. Bring back Lucy.

That's hardly a spoiler! That's what happens every episode!

Why haven't they checked whose alarm was last typed in?

Whenever our alarm goes off in the workplace they can tell who was about at the time.
    an alarm can't tell who is about? surely you need a clock in system for that..and if there is only one alarm code shared between each user, then you can't tell who keyed it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

that shop must be the only place that don't have CCTV ya think they would check that first?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement