Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

an alarm can't tell who is about? surely you need a clock in system for that..and if there is only one alarm code shared between each user, then you can't tell who keyed it in.

Its possible to arm have different user codes. All alarms now that meet en50131 standard can tell you the time the system logs. Obviously here they all use the same code.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

mtjm wrote: »
    that shop must be the only place that don't have CCTV ya think they would check that first?

Apparently Decco got the footage. In reality that would be pretty difficult as they are normally in a locked safe/room.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

eddie's "freaked out" face is funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

sffc wrote: »
    Dear writers of Fair City ,
    for the last few months you have written s**te , pure s**te around a huge issue that affects hundreds of thousands of people in Ireland - namely divorce and separation . A great chance to inform and entertain the nation has been squandered week after week . The Dermot/Jo split has been riddled with a lack of credibility from day one . Please, oh please, let the "thaw" in their hostilites be a reflection of the following Q. and A. quoted from www.divorceinireland.net :

What happens if we are seperated four years but living under the same roof?

The court will need to hear evidence proving that there are two clear and separate households living under the same roof. For example if the parties were not sleeping in the same bed but were sharing dinners and household chores the court might be of a view that they are still
    married.

Please let this be at least mentioned in their rows ! Give us something to believe in !!!

Yours in anticipation ,

SFFC

Once again FC writers messed up ! The mediation scene where Dermot barks at Jo and leaves her in tears wasn't just factually wrong - it was irresponsible . Anyone going for mediation in the next while must have been put rightly off !

For the record if that happened in a REAL mediation session Dermot would have been asked to leave the room and take a seat in the waiting area . This wouldn't be to aportion blame just to give Jo a chance to regain her composure and decide if she wanted to carry on the session . This would have been encouraged . In real life the couple have arranged child care, traveled etc , and waited months on an appointment so walkouts are terrible waste's of time apart from anything else . The REAL waiting time for an appintment with FMA is about nine months by the way .

It's a drama ! I hear you cry - exactly so why not give us the scene of Dermot trudging alone up the corridor, waiting axiously in the waiting area ? Jo with the mediator ... mediator calling Dermot back in ? Why ? Because the mediator only got a few words so she could not have to be paid as a proper actress and it would have involved another set and most of all the writers couldn't write their way out of a Phelan's paper bag !! :mad:

Yeah i thought Mediation involved the couple meeting the mediator in seperate rooms, and working it out that way. So the mediator can build up the truth herself. She was a lovely lady though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Yeah i thought Mediation involved the couple meeting the mediator in seperate rooms, and working it out that way. So the mediator can build up the truth herself. She was a lovely lady though.
    No , in fairness a lot was good - even the flip chart . Just for a lot of people there is a fear that they will be bullied . FC reinforced that fear last night . Shame .

You are thinking of Collaborative Law - I think Ash ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,819 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Jo gets f*ck all, Dermot should get the lot including Ben the demon child :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

dave1982 wrote: »
    Ah Jesus then Prenderville will have be written in to fair city :eek:

Neeeeeeil!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Apparently Decco got the footage. In reality that would be pretty difficult as they are normally in a locked safe/room.

Or the data in this day and age encoded and transported across the internet to a nice holding site in a safe Data Center Facility, if anyone's been to a data center the security is serious level stuff, palm prints, key-codes doors, doors and more doors. But I guess the writes will be able to get slick Eddie inside the center.

Would the DVD case that Decco gave Christy contain the CCTV DVDs ?

msg11 wrote: »
    Or the data in this day and age encoded and transported across the internet to a nice holding site in a safe Data Center Facility, if anyone's been to a data center the security is serious level stuff, palm prints, key-codes doors, doors and more doors. But I guess the writes will be able to get slick Eddie inside the center.

Would the DVD case that Decco gave Christy contain the CCTV DVDs ?
    yeah but in fairness offsite storage in a data centre is expensive..

yeah you are right though, before i even get to the palm prints i can't get past the front door without my passport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

just imagine the gurning Val will do when Eddie is nicked for lamping Christy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

yeah but in fairness offsite storage in a data centre is expensive..

yeah you are right though, before i even get to the palm prints i can't get past the front door without my passport.

Don't think it is as expensive as it used to be and for a chain of stops like Spar they will all more than likely be using the same equipment and all require say 24 hours of recording held offsite for two days the rest could be kept onsite at local level IE someone slips the DVR has it saved 6 months later. Someone robs the shop in Christys case and steals the DVR rack or Hard Drives, I know the DVR I work with you have to select what you want to burn to DVD it dose not do this automatically, it compresses it and save it to one of the on board Hard Drives in fact I think it shoots it off compressed to the DC in case of fire.

But yeah, I agree this is all above the heads of the writers anything happens in RTE.

I wish they would show one of the characters on a computer on Boards or on the phone on Boards..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hitchens wrote: »
    just imagine the gurning Val will do when Eddie is nicked for lamping Christy :D

"The animal who did this to Christy isn't giving his mother chocolates this morning"

:pac:

Hitchens wrote: »
    Ah c'mon Liz, that's harsh ...not like you at all :eek:

I am so sick of the Faheys especially Jo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am so sick of the Faheys especially Jo

She is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Temaz wrote: »
    She is terrible.

I quite like her ..she lights up my day:pac:
    Anyway just watching last nites esp Cas had me in bits talking to Orla

Orla;;I have loads of men chasing me
    Cas ..the taxman doesn't count,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Ah jazus poor sean :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

this is just ridiculous now, how'd Eddie get the lockers open??? would the cameras not spot him going in there? what business would he have in there??? piss poor **** writing by RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Ah jazus poor sean :(

the worst storyline ever written

• Registered Users Posts: 19 zimzum55

I said the grand canal...haha great ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Im sure Val will have another look on her :rolleyes:

Puts me off watching it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 zimzum55

Watch that loaf a Brennans will ye

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

"Yeah that's what they all say. How could you do that to Christy? You nearly killed him!"

"Right, that's it! Cuff him!"

Jaysus this is woeful ****e :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mike hunt Jnr

This a joke. They still haven't bothered checking the cameras. You would think deegan would of suggested that. And would a copper who lives in the area be able to work his beat in the same area?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

why the f*uck did they not check the cctv. eddie was only 5mins or so in the shop so would of been easy. so ****ing stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Dunny wrote: »
    Im sure Val will have another look on her :rolleyes:

Puts me off watching it these days.

Val will have plenty of odd looks on her Sunday night:)

Surely Christy would look at the CCTV for the shop and see Eddie going into the back :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Surely Christy would look at the CCTV for the shop and see Eddie going into the back :confused:
    My friend and her little one were here watching it and even the daughter said, 'that's stupid, why don't they look up the cameras and see who went in to the lockers?!' :D Woeful bad FC!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

To everyone who is pîssed off that the cctv tapes were not checked, remember this is Fair City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

The mind boggles. Det. Deegan is supposed to be an experienced cop. The IQ of the writers must be zero. Poor Sean. I thought Jo and Dermot were going to get back together for a very brief moment when he was thinking of the time he saw her when she was at the library. Dermot has changed a lot since their married days and has changed more than Jo has even though she was the one who had the affair.

I have to agree with people who think Tommy and Judith are boring. It is the same old thing every time they appear. It is no wonder both of them got sick of each other and went off with other people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement