Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Have missed an episode of FC but I thought Rita left Rachel money ? Or was that a joke ?

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

If Damien had been battering Suzanne, there'd be outrage at the two of them associating with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why arent they showing Carol living with Zumo and Decco :mad: do they babysit Jack when she goes off for a few drinks :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Beckala wrote: »
    Tradition in Cork too, tipping the gravediggers/priest etc - it must be an Irish thing
    Tradition in Mayo is for the deceased neighbours/friends to get together to dig the grave, they also get a meal and generous tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Does Dermish own another coat besides the inspector Clueseau(sp?) one?
    He is also still reading the broadsheet Irish Indepenent.

Must be a traditionalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Why do the writers of this soap insist on insulting the intelligence of their viewers. Tonights effort where we're not supposed to know a persons estate automatically passes to their spouse when they die is the worst yet. I know with some things you're expected to suspend disbelief to some extent......but c'mon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I feel sorry for Maeve, dont know how and why she puts up with Dermot

I'm guessing it won't be for much longer, and then Dermish (I'm fast picking up the lingo around here! :D) will be left all on his lonesome again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 philcal

Im told that judith in real life is the daughter of film actor Eddie Byrne of "Mutiny on the Bounty" and the quiz show in a previous age "Double your money" when the Theatre Royal had a stage show along with a film !!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Why do the writers of this soap insist on insulting the intelligence of their viewers. Tonights effort where we're not supposed to know a persons estate automatically passes to their spouse when they die is the worst yet. I know with some things you're expected to suspend disbelief to some extent......but c'mon!

They got divorced years back in the series, not sure if they remarried so they might be right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Tisserand wrote: »
    They got divorced years back in the series, not sure if they remarried so they might be right

They did re-marry!

• Advertisement

Don't suspend your disbelief just yet- Under Irish Law a written will supercedes the default legal position of the state.

If Bela was still married to Rita upon her death, he would be entitled to one third of Rita's estate, regardless of the fact she left him out of it. As it stands now though, he is entitled to nothing, so the script writers were indeed correct.

Don't suspend your disbelief just yet- Under Irish Law a written will supercedes the default legal position of the state.

If Bela was still married to Rita upon her death, he would be entitled to one third of Rita's estate, regardless of the fact she left him out of it. As it stands now though, he is entitled to nothing, so the script writers were indeed correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

If Damien had been battering Suzanne, there'd be outrage at the two of them associating with each other.

And that Suzanne one I suspect is still basically the same. I thought for a minute there she was going to start thumping Bella !!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Moll'll fix it

They did re-marry!
    if that's the case, Bela is entitled so to half the house and children only entitled to the other half between them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Lisha wrote: »
    I thought Rita left Rachel money ?

I thought I read that somewhere too...and I haven't missed an episode!

They did re-marry!

They actually didn't re-marry, Rita went out with Frank, and Bela went out with Pauline (who incidentally later married Leo!), and then they got back together, but were still only living together when Rita suffered a stroke and went into the home.

Czarcasm wrote: »

If they're still married, the Charlie Haughey spousal provision kicks in and he can't be disinherited.

Having said that, they could have left him 1/3, the kids 2/3 and have the kids force him to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Cheap camera-phones lol. FC writers up technology!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Rita must be laughing her *** up in heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ha ha Bella, sickened

• Advertisement

If they're still married, the Charlie Haughey spousal provision kicks in and he can't be disinherited.

Having said that, they could have left him 1/3, the kids 2/3 and have the kids force him to sell.

But... but... that's what I said? :D

nessa will give her cookie to anyone

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Maeve, dont know how and why she puts up with Dermot

:rolleyes: for real ? shes dating a man thats getting divorced with a young child surely she would of taken all this into consideration before going out with him

But... but... that's what I said? :D

No...you said that as it stands, he's entitled to nothing so the writers are correct.

If they're married (which people are saying they are), he's entitled to 1/3 'cause a spouse can't disinherit his/her spouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

tajd wrote: »

:rolleyes: for real ? shes dating a man thats getting divorced with a young child surely she would of taken all this into consideration before going out with him
    Nah...he is still being a dick...so clearly walking into a trap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Is it common for a will to be read out like that. I know when my parents died (10 yrs apart), we had to go to solicitors office for him to read it out. Seemed a bit strange to me, but I may be wrong.

No...you said that as it stands, he's entitled to nothing so the writers are correct.

If they're married (which people are saying they are), he's entitled to 1/3 'cause a spouse can't disinherit his/her spouse.

They never re-married after they got divorced-

They actually didn't re-marry, Rita went out with Frank, and Bela went out with Pauline (who incidentally later married Leo!), and then they got back together, but were still only living together when Rita suffered a stroke and went into the home.

i see bela been watching revenge ....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭spanishgem

why is jo still here???

also.. whos the actress who plays Louise? I think I know her from something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm loving Louise and Ryan - hope they don't leave - really want to see a big gypsy style wedding in Fair City.

I was surprised that Rita didn't leave an equal share of her property/wealth to Rachel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement