Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ron jambo

Didn't Rach allready start one snowball rolling, that ended not so good for people that treated her not like a kid.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

did i miss a scene in fc last last after carol went to the surgery with jack for the rash next thing i saw of carol was viv having a chat in the flat ?

nottong about jack rash ?

The rash Jack has was apparently caused by washing powder. They came to that conclusion very quickly, normally with a rash a number of things have to be rulled out (which takes time), then again this is a soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Randomiser wrote: »
    I enjoyed seeing Carol and Yvonne bitchin tonight. Would love to see them in a scrap!! But who would win????

:eek::eek::eek:

With looks Yvonne.
    With fists Carole.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Zummo seems to be always twisting his head to the side everytime someone says something to him that he doesn't like.

What is going on with Zumo's hair, his fringe is strange:o.
    zumoe.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

cofy wrote: »
    The rash Jack has was apparently caused by washing powder. They came to that conclusion very quickly, normally with a rash a number of things have to be rulled out (which takes time), then again this is a soap.

Did Doctor Dillon or Nurse Bishop identify the washing powder as the culprit for Jacks rash in such a speedy fashion? Perhaps Doctor Dillon sent Nurse Bishop on a reconnaissance mission to Karols flat that resulted in her seeking out and identifying the offending rogue washing powder. If this be the case perhaps Doctor Dillon is the new Irish House!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Did Doctor Dillon or Nurse Bishop identify the washing powder as the culprit for Jacks rash in such a speedy fashion? Perhaps Doctor Dillon sent Nurse Bishop on a reconnaissance mission to Karols flat that resulted in her seeking out and identifying the offending rogue washing powder. If this be the case perhaps Doctor Dillon is the new Irish House!

Karol ?

Sounds like you're referring to Pope John Paul II.

Still I suppose it's better to read that than another post constantly banging on about that w*nker Stephen the barman.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Karol ?

Still I suppose it's better to read that than another post constantly banging on about that w*nker Stephen the barman.
    \
    Didnt see his name mentioned here all week.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Love dr Dillon in those silky tops...nom nom nom

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Karol ?

Between January and March 2013 Stephen (the best bloody barman barnone) has appeared in an amazing 26 episodes of Fair City without credit. This is more than others such as Bella Doyle (19 episodes) and Charlie Kelly (9 episodes). This is wrong and a gross injustice which must be rectified, pronto.

Stephen is a rock of sense in the ocean of fools dwelling in Carrickstown. For God's sakes can you imagine Stephen giving his mothers bank passwords to that floppy haired yeti? Can you imagine Stephen giving a job in a community centre to an unrepentant shameless murdering rapist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

Between January and March 2013 Stephen (the best bloody barman barnone) has appeared in an amazing 26 episodes of Fair City without credit. This is more than others such as Bella Doyle (19 episodes) and Charlie Kelly (9 episodes). This is wrong and a gross injustice which must be rectified, pronto.

Stephen is a rock of sense in the ocean of fools dwelling in Carrickstown. For God's sakes can you imagine Stephen giving his mothers bank passwords to that floppy haired yeti? Can you imagine Stephen giving a job in a community centre to an unrepentant shameless murdering rapist?

Are you his P.A or just an obsessed fan?

Randomiser wrote: »
    I agree that it didn't seem believable that she would accept such a low offer, but I don't see how that makes the script poorly written or shows a lack of respect for viewers! I mean how is that disrespectful??? The scene was a great scene, it's just that Dolly settling for half their value didn't ring true.

o.k, these are my reasons:

1. It is not realistic that there was no legal assistance given to either Dolores or Wayne. Where was the solicitor?

2. The characters look like they have just had a brain and personality transplant (which is not credible to me, a regular viewer. I barely recognise the characters. It is an insult to my intelligence as far as I'm concerned!!!!!!!).

3. Writers don't think viewers notice this so they do it all the time and all I can say is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

JUST MY OPINION!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

Seriously, enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Defo think Dolly and Wayne made a mistake selling their shares so cheaply to Paul should have kept on to them

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Cheers for that :rolleyes:

249301.gif

kinkygirl wrote: »
    Seriously, enough is enough.

I seriously agree with you! Enough is enough! I always stand up against an injustice when I see it. Stephen must be given credit for his thespian prowess by RTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

cofy wrote: »

Its not soap, its powder :P
    Also if it was the washing powder, surely Yvonne is responsible for it as she bought the shopping...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Defo think Dolly and Wayne made a mistake selling their shares so cheaply to Paul should have kept on to them

Don't forget Dolly is penniless now and so she is trying to get some money back into her account and is prepared to settle for anything she can get as quickly as she can.

Its not soap, its powder :P
    Also if it was the washing powder, surely Yvonne is responsible for it as she bought the shopping...

Ah, but I am an auld wan, I can rememer this;)
    4022.jpg

Lorna123 wrote: »
    Don't forget Dolly is penniless now and so she is trying to get some money back into her account and is prepared to settle for anything she can get as quickly as she can.

Yes, but surely she could have got some advice so she could make an informed decision and not be just at the mercy of Paul, who thinks of himself as a shrewd business man. The only person advising her is her dim son Wayne whose business sense is about as good as a sheep!

• Advertisement

I seriously agree with you! Enough is enough! I always stand up against an injustice when I see it. Stephen must be given credit for his thespian prowess by RTE!

I'm sure he would thank you if he could! You are a dedicated fan!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

wordsmithi wrote: »
    Yes, but surely she could have got some advice so she could make an informed decision and not be just at the mercy of Paul, who thinks of himself as a shrewd business man. The only person advising her is her dim son Wayne whose business sense is about as good as a sheep!

I got the feeling she was doing it to punish Wayne, she must live fairly frugally anyway if she had that much just sitting around. If it was really about the money she would go to the gardai and work out some sob story to spare Wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Jeez, I know it's a soap but writers please give some reference to reality.
    Dolly and Wayne sign over their shares to Paul and not a solicitor in sight. Paul just happens to have a contract in his massive overcoat.
    Caddle and the begging bowl scenario with Yvonne - Ridiculous, have they not heard of a maintenance order. A quick trip to the Family Law Court would have Louis sorted out in no time.
    And don't get me started about the money Eddie 'transferred' from Dolly's account. Surely her friendly bank manager would have noticed a gaping €1m hole in his balance sheet. Banks have team of staff who monitor unusual activity on accounts. My bank rang me last month to say that I had just used my card in Dublin while someone in Australia had bought $13 worth of beer using my card. They were well and truly on the ball, fair play to them. How come nobody rang Dolly when her account was cleaned out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

jos28 wrote: »
    Dolly and Wayne sign over their shares to Paul and not a solicitor in sight. Paul just happens to have a contract in his massive overcoat.
    Caddle and the begging bowl scenario with Yvonne - Ridiculous, have they not heard of a maintenance order. A quick trip to the Family Law Court would have Louis sorted out in no time.
    And don't get me started about the money Eddie 'transferred' from Dolly's account. Surely her friendly bank manager would have noticed a gaping €1m hole in his balance sheet. Banks have team of staff who monitor unusual activity on accounts. My bank rang me last month to say that I had just used my card in Dublin while someone in Australia had bought $13 worth of beer using my card. They were well and truly on the ball, fair play to them. How come nobody rang Dolly when her account was cleaned out !!

Family Law? ?? The writers totally ignore the realitys of it alright! There's a lot more to a separation than access but you wouldn't know that with Dermot and Jo. They got the fastest mediation appointment in Dublin - the waiting list is 9 months at the moment. No mention either of her dad's house being a family asset Grrrr :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

I know what you are saying but Wayne showed her what a similar garage went for recently and they didn't own the whole garage. Wayne calculated what their share would be and his asking price is based on this. The garage is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it and nobody else has offered anything.

Lorna123 wrote: »
    I know what you are saying but Wayne showed her what a similar garage went for recently and they didn't own the whole garage. Wayne calculated what their share would be and his asking price is based on this. The garage is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it and nobody else has offered anything.

I see clearly what you mean. Thanks very much. I was looking at just one side of the story and not the fuller picture.

jos28 wrote: »

I hope even in the world of fiction/soapland that the bank managers are a lot more trustworthy
    after the bailout!!

Is there a solicitor there at all now since the tragic death of Annette?

The late Annette used to pop up quite a bit when she was alive. Are they extinct now?
    They should have a seance if they can't get a solicitor that is alive!!The residents in Carrickstown badly need one!! :rolleyes:

desbrook wrote: »
    Family Law? ?? The writers totally ignore the realitys of it alright! There's a lot more to a separation than access but you wouldn't know that with Dermot and Jo. They got the fastest mediation appointment in Dublin - the waiting list is 9 months at the moment. No mention either of her dad's house being a family asset Grrrr :(

You hit the nail on the head there. It gets annoying when you see so much ignored or never taken into account on the show.aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

desbrook wrote: »
    I hope even in the world of fiction/soapland that the bank managers are a lot more trustworthy
    after the bailout!!

Is there a solicitor there at all now since the tragic death of Annette?

The late Annette used to pop up quite a bit when she was alive. Are they extinct now?
    They should have a seance if they can't get a solicitor that is alive!!The residents in Carrickstown badly need one!! :rolleyes:

Very lazy writing I reckon, they could give a token nod to the normal stuff we mere mortals have to deal with. It's getting as bad as Coronation St where characters can buy property and just collect the keys and move in 2 days later. No forms to fill in, no surveys done, no solicitors bills.......

• Advertisement

:mad: dammit keep thinking fair city is in at 8pm over stupid voice of ireland see you guys at 8:30pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement