Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Brilliant stuff tonight!

Dermot and Jo getting it on was soooo cute. You could just see how Jo couldn't believe her luck!

And I really felt so sorry for Wayne. What a terrific actor the guy who plays him is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Dermot and Jo's butter scene reminded me of Last Tango In Paris.

In this case Jo would play Marlon Brando. And strap-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

It was great so finally see someone frighten Paul (go Paddy), what an obnoxious creature he's become.
    I'm loving Paddy more and more, with each episode, can't beat a tv bad guy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Randomiser wrote: »

And I really felt so sorry for Wayne. What a terrific actor the guy who plays him is.

Victor Burke

kinkygirl wrote: »
    It was great so finally see someone frighten Paul (go Paddy), what an obnoxious creature he's become.
    I'm loving Paddy more and more, with each episode, can't beat a tv bad guy. :D

Hopefullly the smug businessman Paul will be brought back down to reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

laylag wrote: »
    Have rte employed a small child to announce fair city now? Sounded like a 7 year old girl introducing it tonight.

i think it might be something to do with the revamp of RTE junior...giving kids a chance to show what they can do and all that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Good man Paddy Bishop , I hope he knocks seven shades of sh1te of Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Love the way Dermot wears the face off Jo and then it cuts to Wayne puking in the street ! He must have got a glimpse through Dermot's curtains poor guy :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Dermot has a butter fetish???!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Dermot has a butter fetish???!
    "Smear my body up with butter
    Take me to the freakers ball"
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

hold the phone Charlotte hit rachel outside side so why are they complaining to the school

Was thinking exactly the same, it happened on a Sunday, outside the school in the community centre, so what business was it of the schools??? Why would she be expected to be expelled for that, once again something in FC doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

*smears finger with butter, tug tug tug* "it's not working"

Yeah because you're just pulling the tip of your finger, not the ring, ye wally

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Ama seems to have vanished :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Hitchens wrote: »

She must've finally gotten that bag she's always on about. :)

Hitchens wrote: »

Oh please, let it be so. "I get my bag". :D

hold the phone Charlotte hit rachel outside side so why are they complaining to the school
    Was thinking exactly the same, it happened on a Sunday, outside the school in the community centre, so what business was it of the schools??? Why would she be expected to be expelled for that, once again something in FC doesn't add up.

Ah c'mon now people, as much as we love it, this is Fair City....where real life is suspended. Paul turned into John Gotti overnight, Dolly lost almost a million euro because Eddie transferred it in nano seconds...with barely a question. Christy turned evil after a blow to the head with a torch...and now seems to be back to normal. :rolleyes:
    Dermish detested Jo recently and almost devoured her tonight. I could go on..but I won't.
    But for all its faults...don't we still love Fair City?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

The rte guide shows two characters. If I mention the names I will spoil it for people who don't like spoilers. All I can say is here we go again. How many times does this person have to do this storyline????? The person is not exactly Heathcliff!! I don't get it and I never will!

wordsmithi wrote: »
    The rte guide shows two characters. If I mention the names I will spoil it for people who don't like spoilers. All I can say is here we go again. How many times does this person have to do this storyline????? The person is not exactly Heathcliff!! I don't get it and I never will!

Shall we just say "50 Versions of Greyie " :D

Orla is looking very nice in the latest scenes. However Yvonne is the one im after, she is looking so hot these times. Jo is not bad either, shes a bubbly character. :)

do you know you can post spoiler
    like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Ah c'mon now people, as much as we love it, this is Fair City....where real life is suspended. Paul turned into John Gotti overnight, Dolly lost almost a million euro because Eddie transferred it in nano seconds...with barely a question. Christy turned evil after a blow to the head with a torch...and now seems to be back to normal. :rolleyes:
    Dermish detested Jo recently and almost devoured her tonight. I could go on..but I won't.

Absolutely agree with this, for all it's faults (and I love spotting the errors and out of sync storylines) we still wouldn't miss it for anything, I mean, what else would we be doing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

From reading this a stranger would think somebody spiked faircity with LSD

From reading this a stranger would think somebody spiked faircity with LSD

Fair City is suffering from essentially three main problems at the moment and I think all three are getting worse - tell me what you think guys :

1 - Things are happening/being done which are factually wrong ie they couldn't happen in the real world . Eg. Charlotte in trouble for something which happened outside school hours ., Sean being charged with an offence which doesn't exist , Dolly's bank letting 900k tranfered without question . This is really annoying , it makes storylines very hard to empathise with !

2- Then there's characters . Bendy characters . It's really hard to empathise with a character when they are now in a way they wouldn't have the month before . Val's nosiness , Paul's agressiveness , Christy bosiness and single mindedness etc etc all inventions to flow along with a story line .

3 - Character abduction . I say abduction rather than disappearance because that's the way it feels ! I understand every character can't be in every episode but the absenses are so sudden and badly timed . Ama comes in ...hangs around for about two months essentially doing the same scene over and over and FINALLY she seems to have a purpose as investigations hot up into her past and she and Damien get together . Ok so ....then bam she's gone . Must be three weeks or more since we saw her . Not a mention either .

Am I being too picky ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mike hunt Jnr

The scene in the bar with christy,ray and Sean supposedly buying drinks for each other was like something out of saved by the bell.

desbrook wrote: »
    Fair City is suffering from essentially three main problems at the moment and I think all three are getting worse - tell me what you think guys :

1 - Things are happening/being done which are factually wrong ie they couldn't happen in the real world . Eg. Charlotte in trouble for something which happened outside school hours ., Sean being charged with an offence which doesn't exist , Dolly's bank letting 900k tranfered without question . This is really annoying , it makes storylines very hard to empathise with !

2- Then there's characters . Bendy characters . It's really hard to empathise with a character when they are now in a way they wouldn't have the month before . Val's nosiness , Paul's agressiveness , Christy bosiness and single mindedness etc etc all inventions to flow along with a story line .

3 - Character abduction . I say abduction rather than disappearance because that's the way it feels ! I understand every character can't be in every episode but the absenses are so sudden and badly timed . Ama comes in ...hangs around for about two months essentially doing the same scene over and over and FINALLY she seems to have a purpose as investigations hot up into her past and she and Damien get together . Ok so ....then bam she's gone . Must be three weeks or more since we saw her . Not a mention either .

Exactly the points that frustrate me with this soap. I have to say I agree with you 100%. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

The scene in the bar with christy,ray and Sean supposedly buying drinks for each other was like something out of saved by the bell.

CRINGED

I made 2 errors in the post above.

1. It is tv now mag and not rte guide
    2. There are 3 people on the cover.

but my view remains the same
    THIS STORYLINE HAS HAD ITS DAY! LAZY WRITING BY THE SCRIPT WRITERS.
    Same old story! :( (omho, though of course!)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Agreed - and what about BARRY?? Gone after being arrested for murder & not a mention since - no court case - nothing! They could have made a really good storyline out of the murder trial. It's ridiculous!!

Shall we just say "50 Versions of Greyie " :D

Very apt. However it is a different storyline which I personally am sick of seeing with the same character used for this over and over and over again.:mad:

• Advertisement

misschoo wrote: »
    Agreed - and what about BARRY?? Gone after being arrested for murder & not a mention since - no court case - nothing! They could have made a really good storyline out of the murder trial. It's ridiculous!!

AND BARRY WAS A WELL ESTABLISHED CHARACTER WHICH MOST PEOPLE, EVEN THOSE WHO ONLY WATCH FC OCCASIONALLY WOULD REMEMBER!

It is as if he never existed. The trial would be good to watch and provide a lot of interesting twists to the plot.:(

The mind boggles......................................

Perhaps, a UFO was involved!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement