Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

If they get rid of Carol, they might as well shut up shop. There's a long list I'd dump before her - Niamh, Val, Viv, Rachel, Caoimhe, the Dillon young lad (can't remember his name), Damien's sister, Bela - I'd better stop or Carol will be having a one woman show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Felexicon wrote: »
    Orla is looking well these days. I'd tap it

It must be her snappy duds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

It must be her snappy duds
    0003df96-279.jpg

foxy or what? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

ZUMO reminds me of a slug sliming around behind his sister and Mary Harney every morning, afternoon and evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

lmao Dermish describing their night of passion as: the incident

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

Orla needs to wash her hair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 425 ✭✭Dreamertime

Why is Niamh being such a bitch?

This has nothing to do with niamh? Completely irrational behaviour by her. In fairness though, the young lad is well cast as paul brennans son! Very similar passive aggressive attitudes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Grand theft auto? Ah heeyare.

This is Paul when he in 1994...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

re vid above... we used to have mugs like the one Paul is holding in the last scene :D

This is Paul when he in 1994...:)

Djamember poor Johnny One? Ah, Jayzes, I feel old.

Sigourney wrote: »
    Djamember poor Johnny One? Ah, Jayzes, I feel old.

He had the same haircut for 6 years :D

Where is he now?

I bet the fair city writers have been planning this story for 20 years! Tune in in 2034 when a 20 year old turns up to Dermot Fahy claiming to be his daughter from a night of lust with long forgotten spinster Jo in 2013. . . . . . . .

He had the same haircut for 6 years :D

Where is he now?

He's not in the Fair City graveyard, at any rate: http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/graveyard.html
    Maybe he's in Waterford? There used to be a lot of talk about Waterford in FC- but maybe that's just what they call the entire south side in Carrigstown.

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    I bet the fair city writers have been planning this story for 20 years! Tune in in 2034 when a 20 year old turns up to Dermot Fahy claiming to be his daughter from a night of lust with long forgotten spinster Jo in 2013. . . . . . . .

I haven't got my glasses on- I thought you said 'long forgotten sphincter Jo'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Fair City isn't on next Wednesday (24 April). On RTÉ 2, there's a Champions League match: Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid.

I understand that Fair City isn't broadcast when there's a Republic of Ireland football match or an Olympic event involving an Irish competitor on RTÉ 2 (presumably because most people would watch such a sporting event instead of Fair City, thus meaning that RTÉ wouln't get much ad revenue during the Fair City commerical break) but the Republic of Ireland team is not involved in next Wednesday's match.

What makes RTÉ think that a Champions League match would get more viewers than Fair City? Surely, RTÉ isn't that stuck with regard to commercial revenue. Is it?

Are you for real? Of course it would get more viewers? And im sure that rte would have made this decision based on similar clashes. Its unfortunate for non soccer loving people but its a revenue game and if i was advertising a product id chose a champ league semi final over jo and dermot fahy's 'will they, won't they cliffhangers'.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mike hunt Jnr

I might be wrong here but is chaoimhe not about 25/26? Why is she hitting on an 18 year old? And was orla flirting with him at the bar before Paul came in. She's about 35

I might be wrong here but is chaoimhe not about 25/26? Why is she hitting on an 18 year old? And was orla flirting with him at the bar before Paul came in. She's about 35

I was thinking the very same thing.

• Advertisement

Ps im not saying its the 'right choice'. I think RTE should be fair to all its demographics and stick to schedules and cater for all licence payers regardless of an irregular clash like this. God knows, between repeats, recording options, rte + 1 and rte player its not as if they can claim to be worried about viewers missing the episode. Cheap way to cut costs again by RTE but i disagree that Champ league wont be more popular choice by miles if choice was there.

Yeah, the caoimhe/orla chatting up the young lad was a bit odd. I mean its not as if Caoimhe is naturally friendly or the kid came on to her. What girl of 26 meets a strange homeless charmless looking spotty teenager on the street for first time in inner city Dublin and with no prompting offers herself to him 'i get off work at 6'. Well done Fair city writers. You are nothing but consistent!

Yeah, the caoimhe/orla chatting up the young lad was a bit odd. I mean its not as if Caoimhe is naturally friendly or the kid came on to her. What girl of 26 meets a strange homeless charmless looking spotty teenager on the street for first time in inner city Dublin and with no prompting offers herself to him 'i get off work at 6'. Well done Fair city writers. You are nothing but consistent!
    he's old enough to vote ;)

Not my point, the age variance isnt the issue (shes hardly that mature of a character anyway) but the manner of her chatting him up was pathetic and non credible.

Not my point, the age variance isnt the issue (shes hardly that mature of a character anyway) but the manner of her chatting him up was pathetic and non credible.

I'm inclined to agree.....................but this Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

Paddy Bishop really showing his true colours now :D

If Paddy Bishop doesnt evolve into the evil Billy Meehan mk II he should evolve into, ill be dissapointed. Too much potential to waste!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Paddy did not look too happy tonight. Indeed he was mighty vexed and the question now is who will he hit first?
      Will it be Dermot for continually interrupting the hard working Paddy during his well earned tea break in the community centre?
      Will it be Paul for being such a smarmy bollox and super stud?
      Will it be Zumo who Paddy despises for being such a soft disappointment of a Bishop man aka Edmund Blackadder and the King?
      Will it be Viv for carrying on with Ray the always spotless grease monkey?
      Will it be the same Ray for ignoring the sound advice Paddy gave to him to keep away from his moth?
    OR
      Will is be Stephen (the best bloody barman bar none) for being the only REAL MAN in the whole of Carrickstown?

Hmmm, speaking of Stephen, wonder was he in 'the bar' in New York after the Giants Stadium in 1994.

• Advertisement

Paddy did not look too happy tonight. Indeed he was mighty vexed and the question now is who will he hit first?
    • Will it be Dermot for continually interrupting the hard working Paddy during his well earned tea break in the community centre?
    • Will it be Paul for being such a smarmy bollox and super stud?
    • Will it be Zumo who Paddy despises for being such a soft disappointment of a Bishop man aka Edmund Blackadder and the King?
    • Will it be Viv for carrying on with Ray the always spotless grease monkey?
    • Will it be the same Ray for ignoring the sound advice Paddy gave to him to keep away from his moth?
    OR
    • Will is be Stephen (the best bloody barman bar none) for being the only REAL MAN in the whole of Carrickstown?
    It won't be Stephen. Stephen is a Taekwondo adept and he's also a Ninja ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement