Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Can't understand how Ryan is portrayed as some gorgeous beefcake, obsessed with his appearance.

The poor lad is nothing to look at!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Zil2011

I thought I read that somewhere too...and I haven't missed an episode!

Perhaps Rachel gets Helens share of the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

When are Dermot and Jo going to rip each others clothes off?

Everyone knows its going to happen sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Lisha wrote: »
    Have missed an episode of FC but I thought Rita left Rachel money ? Or was that a joke ?
    I thought I read that somewhere too...and I haven't missed an episode!

Here it is.
    rachel goes full diva with rita money and leo daughter or charolette is impressed

Although Rachel isn't getting the money directly from Rita's will, I wonder if Bela somehow gets the money and passes some on to Rachel.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

Rasheed wrote: »
    Can't understand how Ryan is portrayed as some gorgeous beefcake, obsessed with his appearance.

Ha, So true! He reminds me of that priest in Father Ted... "What's your favorite humming noise?":D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

Rasheed wrote: »

Yea, but he thinks he is !!! I love his arrogant way !!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

[QUOTE=deelite;8273071

I was surprised that Rita didn't leave an equal share of her property/wealth to Rachel.[/QUOTE]

True, I thought that a deceased daughter's child would get her late mother's share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

cold case wrote: »
    True, I thought that a deceased daughter's child would get her late mother's share

A deceased daughter's child would be a beneficiary if there was no Will, but I don't know what happens when there is a Will and she is not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Why was the will not read in a solicitors office??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

When my grandad die a few years ago, a while after the funeral, my dad had a phone call from the solicitor saying he was the executor of grandads will and could he call in for a reading of the will. An executor has quite a lot of things to do before everything is finalised.

Can't see how FC didn't even have a small reference to reality in this storyline..Bella just reads the will and announces later that he is going to contest it... Silly to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

When my grandad die a few years ago, a while after the funeral, my dad had a phone call from the solicitor saying he was the executor of grandads will and could he call in for a reading of the will. An executor has quite a lot of things to do before everything is finalised.

Can't see how FC didn't even have a small reference to reality in this storyline..Bella just reads the will and announces later that he is going to contest it... Silly to say the least.

I hope you got a mention ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

That Ryan chap is a skinny rat. He's not buff at all. Stick him on protein shakes and you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG does Damien want Suzanne back?! :eek:

Edit: yes he does!! Is he mad?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand thats a hat trick of "Stephen delivering a drink to a table to open the scene" will ye give the man some lines FFS

he still stole the show

leahyl wrote: »

Stockholm Syndrome? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

And it all kicks off again!!

Louise's boyfriend "Don't TOUCH my FIANCEE"!! lol

Did you know 'Bella' is the Latin word for war....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

vektarman wrote: »

and the Spanish for beautiful

though I think his name is spelled Bela

nice_very wrote: »

though I think his name is spelled Bela

Just a short war so....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

leahyl wrote: »

And what happened to his neck? Very nasty scar I noticed tonight... did the actor go for surgery? He sounded very hoarse too. I hope he's ok, good luck to him... and hopefully his maroon 'state line' t shirt will return soon too, I haven't seen it for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

vektarman wrote: »

Except it's not, because "Bellum" is the Latin word for war, and Bella is the Latin word for beautiful.

Perhaps you were thinking of "Bellona", who was the Roman goddess of war?

In any case, as others have mentioned, it's "Bela" is the character in Fair City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Czarcasm wrote: »
    In any case, as others have mentioned, it's "Bela" is the character in Fair City.

Which of these did Bela's ma name him after ? (isn't wiki great for these obscure facts ;))
    • Bela, son of Beor, first King of Edom
    • Bela (or Belah), the name of three Biblical characters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Which of these did Bela's ma name him after ? (isn't wiki great for these obscure facts ;))

Ahh nuts, I've no idea, I only learned Latin! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 JDunphy

Fair city just looks so cheap, the sets look so crap and fake.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Except it's not, because "Bellum" is the Latin word for war, and Bella is the Latin word for beautiful.

Perhaps you were thinking of "Bellona", who was the Roman goddess of war?

Mea culpa, this is why I scraped a pass in Latin for my Leaving Cert.
    Edit: just checked google translate, you,re correct, bellum is war, Bella is wars; plural.

Bela Lugosi?

Hitchens wrote: »
    Bela Lugosi?

Bela was named after a vampire actor!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Wow Fair City's budget must have gone through the roof. I have a feeling FC recruited Bruce Lee to choreograph not only the scrap between the Dillons but the bîtch fight between Louise and Yvonne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HabeasCorpus

Is Carrigstown a little Principality not bound by Irish law regarding wills, property etc. The will reading, what was that? Whether or not Bela and Rita remarried, would he not have common-law rights when they lived together again, (if it was over 2 years?) and that alone would give him a claim to half the home, or in certain other cases, at least a right to live there for the remainder of his life. Anyway, the 'children' would hardly force their father to sell the house to get their share right away -would they? Judas Yvonne got in there. I think Bela is a great actor, locking that shower out.

Has Bela money of his own? I thought Yvonne was paying for everything.

That little man is acting like a toddler with his apoplectic horror at the mildest suggestions from Jo. I don't want your beef stew! Tantrums, then, I'm not going Sunday! Right! He looks like such a plonker. He has a field of palpable rage around him. His eyes bulge and bobble around. Real bag of laughs for Maeve. She must reckon she has absolutely no chance of any other offers. Hope he breaks his a*** skiing.

sorry I don't know much background of characters, just getting hooked lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

Anyone know who the father of Suzanne's child, Hannah, is?
    Also did she say she names her after her grandmother, who was that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement