Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

why no FC this coming Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Callum really 23? He looks much younger imo

Think he's 18, probably just trying to be the big man in front of Caoimhe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Think he's 18, probably just trying to be the big man in front of Caoimhe.

Calum was concieved the night of the Ireland v Italy match which was on the 18th of june, therefore he would have been born late march 1995, which would make him 18 since last month
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

why no FC this coming Wednesday?

Champions League - ON A DIFFERENT CHANNEL. :rolleyes:

RTE continue to f*ck Fair City fans around. There's also the 8.30pm start on Sundays. How difficult can it be to have Fair City on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 8.00pm each night with no exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Lorna123 wrote: »
    Surprised that all the posters on here who hate FC and are always criticizing it as being useless keep on watching it.

Sure t'would be worse if they were not watching and still criticizing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Has anyone heard the add for Hattons Jewellers on TV3 - it's Wayne doing the voice over! Vivienne also does the voice over for No Nonsense car insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

misschoo wrote: »
    Has anyone heard the add for Hattons Jewellers on TV3 - it's Wayne doing the voice over! Vivienne also does the voice over for No Nonsense car insurance!

The annoying ad where the brick falls on people? I always thought that was a man. :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Niamh does the Brennans family pan ad and the topaz ad anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Lorna123 wrote: »
    Surprised that all the posters on here who hate FC and are always criticizing it as being useless keep on watching it.

The harshest critics of anything are usually the diehard fans. I and most people on this forum really want a soap set in Irish soap set in Dublin and support the concept 100%. We aren't criticising the program just it's delivery. FC is our baby and we are very fussy about how it's reared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

desbrook wrote: »
    Screamed at the telly last night - storyline of the century missed by the stupidist scriptwriters in the world. Caoimhe if I'm not mistaken is on probation ( after shoplifting) usually two years. Unbelivably gaurds stop a suspected stolen car and let a passenger alight first??? Wtf ! Being a passenger in a stolen car is most definitely an offence . The scene was crying out for Caoimhe to be arrested and charged . Was I the only one thinking this?

The writing in that episode was all over the shop!!
    Caoimhe waltzing away from a crime scene, "Judy" and Blukie suddenly back together but in secret so they snog in front of spar?
    Wha?
    These scenes could've been fixed so easily.
    She gets out of the car when she cops he's no money.
    Tommy let himself in or was staring in the window like a crazy person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

vektarman wrote: »
    The annoying ad where the brick falls on people? I always thought that was a man. :confused:

Ohh maybe I got the ad wrong! It's the one with the cartoon woman in an office is phoning someone about insurance & tries to flirt with him - yeah it is the no nonsense ad - just a previous one & the brick drops on her! Google it! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I see dermot's wedding ring has made a reappearance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Champions League - ON A DIFFERENT CHANNEL. :rolleyes:

RTE continue to f*ck Fair City fans around. There's also the 8.30pm start on Sundays. How difficult can it be to have Fair City on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 8.00pm each night with no exceptions.

Actually, Fair City is being broadcast this Wednesday (24 April) after all.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/2013/0422/fcwed240413.html

misschoo wrote: »
    She doesn't narrate the No Nonsense ads.

She narrates the Irish Life insurance ads.

Being a passenger in a stolen car is most definitely an offence . The scene was crying out for Caoimhe to be arrested and charged . Was I the only one thinking this?

She would be guilty of that offence only if she knew that the car was stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

purpur1 wrote: »
    So I'm watching an old rerun of ER yesterday (Season 14 Episode 8) and guess who has a part as an English "cheese roller" ? PADDY BISHOP!!! Couldnt believe my eyes. He didnt have any lines, was just a part of a crowd of lads fighting over a block of cheese in ER. Gas!

I'll do you one better. Was rewatching LOST with my girlfriend and I certainly didn't expect to see a one episode supporting role from Brother Paddy Bishop.

Brother_Campbell.jpg

endakenny wrote: »
    She would be guilty of that offence only if she knew that the car was stolen.

Yea you are right of course but the gaurds in the car had no way of knowing either way as they watched her exit the car . She should at least have got a good grilling. Caoimhe is not a likeable character - there's very little sympathy for her among viewers or the other characters. Great scenes lost :(
    Just worried now that she might be due a FC style personality transplant :( she'll be working in the helping hand by summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Yea you are right of course but the gaurds in the car had no way of knowing either way as they watched her exit the car . She should at least have got a good grilling. Caoimhe is not a likeable character - there's very little sympathy for her among viewers or the other characters. Great scenes lost :(
    Just worried now that she might be due a FC style personality transplant :( she'll be working in the helping hand by summer :D
    Any half decent cop would have told her to "spread 'em" :D

Hitchens wrote: »
    Any half decent cop would have told her to "spread 'em" :D

In the case of Caoimhe "close 'em " would be more appropriate my friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

That Caoimhe wan is a right slag - she won't have any high moral ground to climb on when the story of Judy and Blackie comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MOONBABY240

Did Paul have to pay tax on his windfall ?

Just to repeat what I said in post 2384:

Fair City will be broadcast this Wednesday after all.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/2013/0422/fcwed240413.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86,785 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Go on Dermot, that smack has been long time coming to Tommy :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Good man, Dermot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

go Dermishhhh

god man dermot only took 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

fair play to you dermot !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Gwan Dermish!!