Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

endakenny wrote: »
    Actually, Fair City is being broadcast this Wednesday (24 April) after all.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/2013/0422/fcwed240413.html

happy now?! I assume with that username you are a male though and would prefer watching the soccer!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    happy now?! I assume with that username you are a male though and would prefer watching the soccer!

Very sexist remark!! I didn't realise only women watch FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Be interesting to see the ratio of men to women that watch Fair city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Afollower wrote: »
    Very sexist remark!! I didn't realise only women watch FC.

or that only men watch soccer....

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

dave1982 wrote: »
    Be interesting to see the ratio of men to women that watch Fair city.

it sure would, my hubby would never admit to watching it, but he enjoyed dermots punch...caught him looking up over the laptop!

• Advertisement

It was a joke aimed at this particular guy, lighten up! Im well aware of the variances of gender and age who follow both soaps and soccer but it cannot be denied that a vastly higher proportion of males would watch a champ league semi final over a non eventful (and multiply repeated) soap . May appear to be sexist, but sometimes facts are qualified by sexist references!! I was only taking a bite as ENDA had been upset (perhaps rightly) that RTE had originally appeared to cancel the Wednesday edition!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It was a joke aimed at this particular guy, lighten up! Im well aware of the variances of gender and age who follow both soaps and soccer but it cannot be denied that a vastly higher proportion of males would watch a champ league semi final over a non eventful (and multiply repeated) soap . May appear to be sexist, but sometimes facts are qualified by sexist references!! I was only taking a bite as ENDA had been upset (perhaps rightly) that RTE had originally appeared to cancel the Wednesday edition!
    uneventful?

did you not see dermot spin tommy a 360 last night? that 3 seconds was building up for nearly a year now!

Anyway, wasn't aimed at being discriminatory. There is a great and oftentimes dangerous inclination in modern day to get all high and mighty with regard political correctness. Especially when context is misinterpreted.

No i missed it! Like all real men i was playing soccer! (joke everyone!!) But like all soaps i knew about it for the last fortnight so it was hardly 'eventful' if it was known by most viewers! I would bet more than 70 % of adherent viewers follow spoilers (again a guess, but a confident one!)

Anyway, the laziness (or ineptitude) of the 'scriptwriters' on that programme defys belief so i only really watch it for comedic value! From the schizophrenic ever altering personalities of characters to the glaring holes in plotlines to the dragging out of storylines (LUCY/judy and Blackie etc) to obvious potential story links being missed (caoimhe on parole - stolen car) the show is, oftentimes ridiculous! But im a cynic so i indulge in the odd episode to fill that void! This thread is a godsend in that regard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,783 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dermot and Paddy should hold a fight club after hours at the community centre :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

So after two years of storyline, despite Jo's infidelity and her sneaky sabotaging of Dermot's relationship with Ben and Maeve to get her way (hang on, where _is_ Maeve; shacked up with Leo and Ama in the Carrigstown cavern of plot-less characters?), character development of Dermot into noone's fool and good potential for how a separated but now amicable long-married couple function and bring up their son without all the cruelty of the Dillons situation, as well as focussing on new directions to take the characters of Jo and Dermish. All of that has been undone by Dermot suddenly forgetting it all and returning to the status quo in one episode, no doubt to lead to the thrilling storylines they had before this all began, like what DVD will we put on for Ben or Jo fussing over community centre projects... God forbid FC puts a bit of imagination into it rather than returning to a rut of a status quo that was THE REASON JO HAD THE AFFAIR IN THE FIRST PLACE

Least we got a relatively satisfying punch out of it. Was honestly expecting something akin to that laughable "assault" of Rachel by Charlotte last week, in which Dermot lifts his arm and Tommy just drops silently offscreen

Well at least Rachel finally asked the most blatantly obvious question since the investigative prime time documentary regarding what transformed Charlie's voice from northsider to upper class snob. The question of course 'what have you got against Callum, Niamh'? Once again the writers altering the personality of a character completely to make a story. There is no way Niamh would be such a bitch to prevent a young grieving lad have the opportunity to get to know his father. Paul should get Dermot to hit her a slap. Completely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The scriptwriting has gone to hell alright. It just looks like they couldn't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,783 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well at least Rachel finally asked the most blatantly obvious question since the investigative prime time documentary regarding what transformed Charlie's voice from northsider to upper class snob. The question of course 'what have you got against Callum, Niamh'? Once again the writers altering the personality of a character completely to make a story. There is no way Niamh would be such a bitch to prevent a young grieving lad have the opportunity to get to know his father. Paul should get Dermot to hit her a slap. Completely ridiculous.

Money changes people and now she has loads :P

that slap lol oh judy

you can be a right bitch niamh lol

not christmas day of the diginity lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Cracking episode tonight :)

Lisha wrote: »
    Cracking episode tonight :)

feels like a christmas day episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I've never hated an ad break more !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

feels like a christmas day episode

It's just as good! The look of utter repulsion on Caoimhes face is good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

He noo! He noo!

i bought sausages today and they werent denny so there marketing aint working

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

ryanf1 wrote: »
    It's just as good! The look of utter repulsion on Caoimhes face is good!
    I don't think she's carrying it off , overacting

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Morto for the Dillon sisters and their pervert family :D

argh nearly had a ben free episode

amdublin wrote: »
    Morto for the Dillon sisters and their pervert family :D

luke and tommy should get to know the fritzl family

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

brilliant scene around the kitchen table

• Advertisement

this may be the greatest fair city episode ever its so freaking good it screams christmas day episode what a missed opportunity

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement